Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough- although he missed all the finals
Yah, he still played a major part in us getting there. Digressing slightly, we would have been even more structurally fortified if he'd been present in our 08 side, as good as Taylor was in his first season.

So the exact same teams as last year with a little bit of shuffling around? Bold call, Bucks.
Who do you see dropping out? Carlton in for Bulldogs maybe but most of the top 8 strengthened their list and/or have a good age profile. And man there are some deplorable sides in the bottom 10 so it's hard to see who climbs in unless Lyon weaves magic at St Kilda or Gold Coast finally break through. Perhaps Port.

Who do you see dropping out? Carlton in for Bulldogs maybe but most of the top 8 strengthened their list and/or have a good age profile. And man there are some deplorable sides in the bottom 10 so it's hard to see who climbs in unless Lyon weaves magic at St Kilda or Gold Coast finally break through. Perhaps Port.

Pretty much as you say. Carlton can easily make the eight (and should have last year). Same with Port - they're not as bad as they seemed last year. They're the two teams that I'd have as strong contenders. Maybe GCS could sneak in but nobody's going to back them unless they've got 11 wins with 3 rounds to go. As for who goes out, I'm less sure - Bulldogs seem a bit flaky and it wouldn't take much of a drop-off for them to fall out.

Pretty much as you say. Carlton can easily make the eight (and should have last year). Same with Port - they're not as bad as they seemed last year. They're the two teams that I'd have as strong contenders. Maybe GCS could sneak in but nobody's going to back them unless they've got 11 wins with 3 rounds to go. As for who goes out, I'm less sure - Bulldogs seem a bit flaky and it wouldn't take much of a drop-off for them to fall out.
Freo or bulldogs or both to drop out imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few of the other results

2) Which other club is most likely to reach the Grand Final?
(No captain picked Geelong in 2022)

8 – Geelong Cats
4 – Melbourne, Brisbane Lions
1 – Richmond, Sydney Swans

4) Which player from another club do you think will win the 2023 Coleman Medal?
(No captain picked Charlie Curnow in 2022)

6 – Jeremy Cameron, Tom Lynch
1 – Nat Fyfe, Harry McKay, Jack Gunston, Tom Hawkins, Charlie Curnow, Aaron Naughton

So if you finish the AFL season on top of the ladder you just get nothing now if the AFLW team stinks?

Have they actually done anything over recent years for the team that finished top of the ladder at the end of the H&A season?

As per the following article, yes we were awarded it last year but does anyone remember any presentation or recognition for finishing top of the ladder - other leagues seem to do better in terms of recognising the team which finished top of the ladder at the end of the season, while with the AFL the focus seems more on GF Day

Maybe they could/should have started a new tradition/trophy instead of this tweak, but I like this idea and makes things interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back