Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I’m slow on the uptake here but the Hawks are quite good.

They play the Blues in 2 weeks at the MCG and on current form the Hawks should belt them. The Blues play a Magpies outfit up and about for Pendles 400th next week as well. In a matter of weeks the Blues could go from 2nd on the ladder to fighting to maintain a spot in the top 8. Crazy season

Imagine a Lions v Hawks grand final, the two most successful dynasties in the modern era.
Imagine a Lions v Bombers grand final. There's a reason I want them to make the eight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dogs and hawks scare me !

Hawks have our number so far, hope we'll look different in finals. Just have to take Chris Scott's gameplan on how to play Hawks and go to school. They are fresh, daring and playing carefree - with enough sustained pressure mistakes will come and you can take them apart. I believe Stuart Dew masterclass is due for them from our side.

For some reason I don't fear Dogs at all. Dogs 1 wood is winning the ball at coalface and we match up very well against them in that area of the ground. Sure, they had Richards missing when playing us etc but our players know how to handle Bont, Libba double act and Big O can whack them away out of center. I think we'll go ok against Dogs if all our regular 22 are available.

So ensure James Sicily is not in the team then. Right. Easy.

They had 8 goal kickers today with 2 goals each and only one was James Sicily.

I have a lot of respect for Chris Scott from an in-game tactics perspective. I'm sure we have a lot to learn on how Cats dismantled the run of Hawks.

Imagine a Lions v Bombers grand final. There's a reason I want them to make the eight.

The only way the bombers make a grand final is if there is a massive loss of life suffered by their opponent each week leading to the grand final.

3 or 4 weeks ago the Swans were virtually unbeatable now everyone sees virtue in the Hawks and the Dogs.

All we have to do is get there. We've got 4 reasonably tough games coming up. The others will fall by the wayside one way or another and it's up to us to make sure we're not one of them.

I don't believe we have any 'sure thing' games, such is the even nature of the competition this year. But if we're being realistic, how many of the final 4 games do we think we win?

Essendon's season may be done by rd 24.
Wonder who would get the Friday night match if Dons can't make finals if they win the Rd. 24 game? No way the AFL would give to us to smash the Dons when they can't make finals if they win anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back