Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Three strong senior SANFL performances in a row now for my current choice for number 1 draft pick Sid Draper. He split his time pretty evenly between onball and half forward, and it was arguably at half forward where he did most of his damage in this game showing his potential versatility as a prospect. In a brilliant sequence late in the third quarter Draper was pivotal in a three goal burst for Souths, booting 1 goal himself and directly assisting two more, effectively sealing the game.

An excellent performance from Kako who appears choc full of confidence following his exploits with Vic Metro. He played on ball for the first three quarters of the game before moving into his more customary small forward position in the fourth. Found plenty of the footy and his breakaway pace was dangerous in turning stoppage wins into damaging possession for his team. We saw an interesting inversion with his disposal by foot. His field kicking is typically a strength but was a little off the mark here, and yet his set shot kicking which can be wayward was mostly accurate.

Hopefully this works - youtube is being weird tonight.

This is a chunky one. In the first half it felt as though Gerreyn was involved in every play as he racked up over 20 disposals. He was simply too much for East Fremantle to handle, too big, too strong and too skillful. After the last two weeks of dominating play it really feels as though Kayle has out grown the Colts competition. Time for a call up to the senior squad!

The first in what will be a series of highlights videos for the top draft picks picking out the best moments from their 2024 Champs performances. First up is Sid Draper, who was still finding his fitness and form through the Champs after a long injury layoff but still managed to wow us with moments of brilliance.

Huge game from Hamish here as he racks up an impressive 40 disposals to help his Claremont team get a hard fought victory against Swan Districts. Lets hope we get to see him challenge himself at senior WAFL level in the coming weeks.

Unfortunately, almost the entire 3rd quarter of the broadcast was lost due to technical difficulties, so we missed out on 20 mins of the commentator mixing up Davis and Angove, a true tragedy.

Jagga Smith's full highlights from an excellent Champs run in which he must have finished a very close second to Murphy Reid for Metro MVP. Jagga entered the 2024 season already highly regarded and has only solidified his sterling reputation to the point that he's now firmly in the pick 1 conversation.

Josh Smillie's champs run didn't quite reach the same heights as his fantastic Talent League and Academy performances, but he still left us with a highlights package worthy of a top five pick.

Noober I know you're probably packed to the hilt with players to clip up but any chance you could find time in your schedule for a boy named Luke Kennedy at the Dragons?

Would be one of the best performers at the combine if he gets an invite but hasn't had a standout year on field being forced to move around between midfield, half back and half forward depending on the availability of Jagga, Ashcroft etc each week so would only be a small chance at getting picked up draft night.

Ran a 5:54 2km when he was 16 and been told by his old man he's into the mid 40s now. 2.9 on the 20m and idk what he did on the agility test but generally he's pretty nimble on the field.

May or may not have taught him in a few classes at high school, been trying to convince my uncle who works for a club to get him an invite to the combine as I reckon it would boost his chances quite a bit. Kicks left and right too which is always handy.

If you don't have time thats all good, I know you're busy as hell this time of year 💕

Noober I know you're probably packed to the hilt with players to clip up but any chance you could find time in your schedule for a boy named Luke Kennedy at the Dragons?

Would be one of the best performers at the combine if he gets an invite but hasn't had a standout year on field being forced to move around between midfield, half back and half forward depending on the availability of Jagga, Ashcroft etc each week so would only be a small chance at getting picked up draft night.

Ran a 5:54 2km when he was 16 and been told by his old man he's into the mid 40s now. 2.9 on the 20m and idk what he did on the agility test but generally he's pretty nimble on the field.

May or may not have taught him in a few classes at high school, been trying to convince my uncle who works for a club to get him an invite to the combine as I reckon it would boost his chances quite a bit. Kicks left and right too which is always handy.

If you don't have time thats all good, I know you're busy as hell this time of year 💕
Its not too bad right now to be honest, what with the AFL losing most of the Eastern v Gippsland broadcast on the week making it useless for player videos. I've mostly just been making the champs highlights videos this week.

Your boy had 30 touches on the weekend, so that seems worthy of a video to me.

Its not too bad right now to be honest, what with the AFL losing most of the Eastern v Gippsland broadcast on the week making it useless for player videos. I've mostly just been making the champs highlights videos this week.

Must be said I **** on him in set shot goal kicking any time he's down at training though. Needs to improve his 40m bananas from the grand stand young Lukey.

They had the full Eastern game up last night. Now it's back to the first 15 mins.

Live it missed the first 1.5 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metro MVP Murphy Reid played mostly on ball in his three other Champs games, but showed his versatility in this performance playing predominantly wing and half forward. He was still one of Metro's most productive players, using his poise and precision to cut through the WA defensive lines.

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

Another strong VFL performance by Jagga who's seemingly stepped up to the level and barely missed a beat. He wasn't quite as impressive as last week, seeming to be more rushed for time and as a result not having his entire game in top order, but even so, we shouldn't take for granted what Jagga Smith and Sid Draper have been doing in recent weeks at state league level. They've both set a bar that the others in the pool will struggle to reach.

Much was expected of Day-Wicks entering 2024, but his season has been a mixed bag to this stage. He has bags of talent and x-factor, a powerful athlete and a great size for the medium forward or midfield roles, but he's mercurial and prone to patches in games where he disappears. A solid close to the season could see him fly up draft boards given his attributes.

This game was a bit of a mess given the rain bucketing down which turned the field into a mud heap, but Day-Wicks cut the game open at times. Unfortunately the classic Talent League "Technical Difficulties" lost us a chunk of the fourth quarter including one of his goals.

Lindsay was as impressive as always in difficult conditions, winning plenty of the ball and battling to hit targets through the tricky wind. Swimming the channel, climbing mount Everest, and kicking goals into the wind at Williamstown oval... these are some of the toughest challenges known to mankind, but Xavier and his Gippsland teammates made it look easy in the fourth quarter as they pulled away to record an impressive win.

The new normal for Kako seems to be spending much more time in the midfield with just occasional resting stints forward. At the Talent League level this suits his game well as he's able to use his burst of pace to help his midfield group exit congestion, and use his vision and field kicking to hit up targets in the corridor. The move towards more midfield time also hasn't appeared to reduce his ability to hit the scoreboard.

Unfortunately, as with several games this weekend, we lost sections of the fourth quarter to technical difficulties.

Last edited:
The wing role is one of the most important when you're playing at Williamstown. Donohue's running power and footy IQ to always position himself down the line a kick from the play and create a outnumber at the contest or create an option to switch the play was crucial in helping Gippsland to dominate field position, especially in the fourth quarter. Where he struggled was in his attempts to be too precise by foot which gets punished in the always strong winds at Williamstown oval.

The awful conditions didn't much bother Travaglia who seemed to enjoy sliding around and crashing into people in the mud. His nine tackles were a standout, but perhaps more impressive was his ability to hit the scoreboard and convert with a slippery footy. Unfortunately, not enough of his teammates followed his example, and Bendigo suffered a heavy loss.

For people hoping for Harvey Langford's performance from the weekend (or anyone else from that game) the entire first half and the first few minutes of the third quarter are missing from the broadcast due to "technical difficulties". I think its probably not worth just doing 40% of the performance when there are so many other games to catch up on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back