North Ballarat vs Werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the ground for the last half and actually thought most of the North players were fairly average and had little impact

I disagree. Watter's pink shirt, Wellsy's dacks, Ed Lower's sideburns, JYD's groovy top, DMac sans suit... all had substantial impact.

I disagree. Watter's pink shirt, Wellsy's dacks, Ed Lower's sideburns, JYD's groovy top, DMac sans suit... all had substantial impact.

I'm spewing that I missed the groovy top. I mean, what did I even go to the game for if I'm missing the quality entertainment?

Was also good to walk in the ground behind JYD and just notice he had a couple of lazy 50's hanging out the back pocket ......

Special mentions to Gibbo who got harrassed by a crazy asian lady and answered all her questions with a concerned look on his face..and who also was being waited for by 2 young roos as he came out the toilet for a signature..

Also one to Pratty for having his arm in a sling but still able to carry 18 cans in one hand ...nice work there ..

And well done to all the boys that took notice of the apparent 6 can minimum to sit with the group ....

Was good to also get a giggle from big Hale when i informed him he was being slack for carrying only four cans when Pratty with one arm had 18 odd :thumbsu:

Was good to see all the boys prepared and willing to sign anything and have a chat with there adoring fans :)) :thumbsu::D

And sandals. Can't remember the last time I saw sandals at an NMFC do.

Oh . . . hang on . . . .

It was quite possibly the worst piece of clothing I've ever seen.

Bless you. You're yet to learn the true gorgeousness of pink.

(JB. Now there's a man who can wear pink.)

Bless you. You're yet to learn the true gorgeousness of pink.

(JB. Now there's a man who can wear pink.)

Speaking of which, the countdown is on for the Syd Baker Medal, and after being so comprehensively out-sartorialised by Mr Kangalicious' magnificent shirt/tie combo last year, not to mention certain comments from the aforementioned head cheese himself this arvo, I have to admit to feeling a little pressure.

I thought we all had a pact not to mention the sandals

No names, no pack drill...

lidgebfcrew5.jpg

i seriously think we should consider drafting myles sewell from north ballarat, very tough midfielder/tagger who was overlooked 2 years ago. Won the best and fairest for north ballarat rebels in under 18's ahead of numerours players that got drafted including; mitch and nathan brown, james frawley and shuan grigg. Has the potential and may well be a late bloomer like his brother.

Not the worst idea I've seen today. He's smooth isn't he? I don't know much about him but he looks like he knows what he's doing.

I'll watch him more closely in the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne listed players
Seniors

26.Hansen- played in defence today, spending most of his time on Smith but struggled to have a serious impact. It's his disposal and attack on the ball that definitely needs to pick up if he wants to have a serious impact at AFL level. Had just 8 disposals.

29.Goldstein- a little bit down on last week's dominant performance and was made to work hard against Stephenson. Didn't do enough with the ball around the ground, finished with 18 hit-outs and 7 disposals.

30.Greenwood- laid some great tackles and was particularly around the packs at stoppages. Helped to set up some goals and did the team thing at every opportunity. Had 16 disposals for the game.

31.Riggio- had less of the ball in comparison to last week, but provided run through the middle. His defensive work (4 tackles, 4 blocks, 1 spoil) really stood out for me and had 15 disposals in a serviceable game.

32.Ross- not his day today, very quiet during his midfield stints, but did help to thrust the ball forward a few times. Had he not been well held, his performance would have been more consistent and got more of the ball.

33.Brown- rotated around the ground as usual spending some time in the ruck and up forward. I definitely think that he is still up to AFL standard, despite what some people have said. Had 21 disposals, 8 hit-outs and 7 clearances.

34.Davies- didn't stop running for the entire game and helped to set up some goals, along with some good work around packs. Also worked hard at boundary throw ins to finish with 16 disposals, 1 tackle, 1 block and 1 spoil.

36.Scott Thompson- tried hard at half back and was effective at time, particularly defensively. Was a stand outs in Werribee's back six but didn't always get the support he required from his teammates. Accumulated 20 disposals, 3 tackles and 2 spoils.

40.Obst- spent time in the ruck and in defence, but it was something of a torrid day for him. North Ballarat's forwards outmarked and outran him at different stages during the game. Only managed to have 6 disposals, but his defensive pressure was good.

42.McMahon- didn't reach the high marking heights of last week, but tried his best in defence with some rebounding kicksand good general pressure. Finished with 17 disposals, 2 clearances, 3 tackles, 1 block and 1 spoil.

72.Sinclair- after being a late withdrawal last week due to the flu, took his place in the midfield and battled hard all day. Was relentless in trying to drive the ball forward but North Ballarat's defence were too strong at times. Finished with 18 disposals, 3 clearances, 4 tackles and 4 blocks.

Smith is an interesting one. I haven't seen a lot of him - today he showed he can make it I thought. He is not a typical AFL KP build - no mussle definition - just a bloody strong kid built like a truck. But I don't think the mussle definition matters when your opponent can't get near enough to fist the ball away...

Thanks to everyone for their support this year, it's good to know that the time I take out after a game each week to write player reports is appreciated.

Was great to finally meet RoyalBlue and Twinkletoes, they said it was the red clipboard that gave it away.

Thanks in particular to Kangalover for showing her support to me after I copped some criticism earlier in this particular thread.

Was also good to walk in the ground behind JYD and just notice he had a couple of lazy 50's hanging out the back pocket ......

Special mentions to Gibbo who got harrassed by a crazy asian lady and answered all her questions with a concerned look on his face..and who also was being waited for by 2 young roos as he came out the toilet for a signature..

Also one to Pratty for having his arm in a sling but still able to carry 18 cans in one hand ...nice work there ..

And well done to all the boys that took notice of the apparent 6 can minimum to sit with the group ....

Was good to also get a giggle from big Hale when i informed him he was being slack for carrying only four cans when Pratty with one arm had 18 odd :thumbsu:

Was good to see all the boys prepared and willing to sign anything and have a chat with there adoring fans :)) :thumbsu::D

I noticed how good the North Melbourne guys were with everyone who came up to them today.

Sat with them quite a few of them for the first quarter, Hale seemed to take an interest in my inside 50 and kickout sheets filled with pen marks all over the place.

I was surprised when I said gday to Big H, that even Petrie and a few others who are not Werribee aligned players etc knew who I was. My "detailed and comprehensive" player reports as one NM player calls them must be a big hit with the boys or something.

Pretty close game for a while...it was ridiculously windy so the teams kicking with the wind had quite an advantage.

Spotted Wellsy, Spud and Watt watching the game.

Browny kicked a goal and was not seen crying after the match. He also did a lovely kick out of bounds on the full. Classic Brown indeed.

Yeah, well he did have a massive distraction. Its not everyday someone tells screems out "I love you Browny". Am i right, Kate?:D

Thanks Ben, for your efforts all year. Meant to catch up today but found myself on the opposite wing after quarter time.

Was that near the takeaway food stand?

Thanks Ben - your honesty in the reports have been a real highlight calling it as you see it. I have appreciated your reports as I don't usually get to the VFL games. Well done and hope we can count on you for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Ballarat vs Werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back