Opinion North Melbourne Priority Picks Part 2 - 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'm done with the AFL if our draft picks are diluted again because of North Melbourne draft assistance.
Well considering there has been no suggestion that will be the case I think you can chill out and continue on with the AFL...

I think I'm done with the AFL if our draft picks are diluted again because of North Melbourne draft assistance.
Despite your team in the bottom 4, your club is slowly on the way up.

I dont think McGovern or Darling will be around for the eagles next final. Tim Kelly possibly will despite turning 30 last month. Probably as a 33 or 34 year old in 2027 or 2028.

Tim Kelly being drafted as a 22 or 23 year old and not having his body battered and travelled on planes as an 18 or 19 year old works out in the long term for the eagles.

North Melbourne getting another early 2nd rounder or even an early 1st rounder isnt going to change the overall situation for the AFL.

I'm sure you felt the same way when you got given Judd, Shuey, and Darling via priority picks?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Judd wasnt the eagles priority pick. He was pick 3 in the 2001 draft. It was ashley sampi with that cursed pick 6 in 2001 that was the eagles priority pick that year.

Shuey was a priority pick as pick 18 in 2008.

Darling, sadly yes was a priority pick but that was pick 26. that pick 26 was pushed back because of the gold coast suns.

Judd wasnt the eagles priority pick. He was pick 3 in the 2001 draft. It was ashley sampi with that cursed pick 6 in 2001 that was the eagles priority pick that year.

Darling, sadly yes was a priority pick but that was pick 26. that pick 26 was pushed back because of the gold coast suns.
Wikipedia has Judd as the priority pick in 2001. They also have Drew Banfield as the first ever 1st round priority pick in 1992 after trading for the PP given to Sydney.

Tapping the sign once again:

Round 1 started with 18 picks and ended up at 29. Where did those extra 11 picks come from:

Academy selections: 5 (Gold Coast 4, Sydney 1)
Free agency compensation: 3 (North Melbourne 1, Adelaide 1, St Kilda 1)
Father-Son: 2 (Bulldogs 1, Hawthorn 1)
Priority pick: 1 (North Melbourne)

And again, West Coast had every chance to trade their way into a second or even third first-rounder (in addition to pick one) if they had been creative with trading either players or other picks, but they chose not to.

North have already stated they won’t be requesting for priority picks this year.

Even when North don’t get priority picks, people are sooking about North getting priority picks. A lot of short memories in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Judd was the priority pick, the argument is that if they only had one pick and no PP it would have been pick 3, and they would have taken him anyway.

Judd was the priority pick, the argument is that if they only had one pick and no PP it would have been pick 3, and they would have taken him anyway.
thanks for clarifying that. I always Knew the North Melbourne fans are the most peaceful and knowledgeable fans on here.

Yeah I was a bit confused about the eagles priority pick in 2001. I actually thought it was Sampi at pick 6 but there you go.

thanks for clarifying that. I always Knew the North Melbourne fans are the most peaceful and knowledgeable fans on here.

Yeah I was a bit confused about the eagles priority pick in 2001. I actually thought it was Sampi at pick 6 but there you go.
If PPs didn't exist to begin with Judd still have ended up at WCE at pick 3, because Hodge and Ball were also PPs.

So Judd being mentioned as a 'PP' is irrelevant, as Sampi was the extra player we ended up with, hence why WCE supporters get annoyed when oppo fans try to make the 'claim' that WCE benefitted from PPs through getting Judd, when it really only enabled us to pick up Sampi.

If PPs didn't exist to begin with Judd still have ended up at WCE at pick 3, because Hodge and Ball were also PPs.

So Judd being mentioned as a 'PP' is irrelevant, as Sampi was the extra player we ended up with, hence why WCE supporters get annoyed when oppo fans try to make the 'claim' that WCE benefitted from PPs through getting Judd, when it really only enabled us to pick up Sampi.

3 teams received priority picks though so without the priority pick you wouldn’t have taken Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 teams received priority picks though so without the priority pick you wouldn’t have taken Judd.

If no PPs existed, we still had pick 3 due to our ladder position.

Saying we 'only' got Judd because of PPs is disingenuous, when the 2 clubs before our pick also had PPs(Hawthorn got Hodge courtesy of Freo).

You may not have been around at that time but there were big concerns over Judd's shoulders, which is why he slid, and Polak was higher on most draft boards.

Even if we didn't have a PP, he'd only have needed to get past St Kilda anyway, which was highly possible. Freo would never have taken him.

That aside, in an uncompromised system with no PPs, we wouldn't have taken Sampi, because we wouldn't have had the extra pick, as we obviously took Judd before Sampi..

The only outlier was Hawthorn having pick 1, because they got it from Freo. That may have changed things but we'll obviously never know, because Freo would've likely taken Polak at #1 and everyone was surprised when we skipped him and took Judd.

If no PPs existed, we still had pick 3 due to our ladder position.

Saying we 'only' got Judd because of PPs is disingenuous, when the 2 clubs before our pick also had PPs(Hawthorn got Hodge courtesy of Freo).

You may not have been around at that time but there were big concerns over Judd's shoulders, which is why he slid, and Polak was higher on most draft boards.

Even if we didn't have a PP, he'd only have needed to get past St Kilda anyway, which was highly possible. Freo would never have taken him.

That aside, in an uncompromised system with no PPs, we wouldn't have taken Sampi, because we wouldn't have had the extra pick, as we obviously took Judd before Sampi..

The only outlier was Hawthorn having pick 1, because they got it from Freo. That may have changed things but we'll obviously never know, because Freo would've likely taken Polak at #1 and everyone was surprised when we skipped him and took Judd.

Haha wow you really are extremely precious about it still. The record will always state that Chris Judd was the priority pick 😉.

Taken at pick 3, which is where our original pick would've fallen if they didn't exist.

But they do exist. We can only operate in reality.

And they reality is 3 clubs had pp's which meant picks 1-3 fell where they would've if they didn't exist, so WCE ends up with Judd regardless :)

And the record will always show Chris Judd as a priority pick and Visy Ambassador.

What don't you understand. He was going to be pick three whether we got a priority or not.
He was never going to be drafted by anyone else.

Don’t join in the stress of bzparkes, I honestly don’t give a ****. Its just funny seeing him melt.

Don’t join in the stress of bzparkes, I honestly don’t give a ****. Its just funny seeing him melt.
They all rage over the fact Judd was a PP. They simply dont want to acknowledge that they have received a shit load more 'handouts' than NM lol

He's wrong.

Cant beleive this myth generated by salty Vics is still getti g oxygen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion North Melbourne Priority Picks Part 2 - 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back