Game Day North vs Hawks, 4:40pm, Sunday, Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

Inside 50s was 43-50. As I recall, we were ahead on that stat in the first half despite being behind on the scoreboard. Poor choices going inside 50 for immediate rebounds can rack up the inside 50 stat for no scoreboard value. On the other hand, if you hold up and refrain from going inside 50 if there's no clear scoring option, then your inside 50s actually count for something. That's pretty much how the game went. It's also how 2014 went for us - we were most efficient for scores per inside 50.

Last quarter inside 50's were a lot more lopsided though weren't they? Sorry that was what I was referring to, should have been clearer.

It was but he clearly dropped his body.

If he misses games through injury, it would be karma as there's no way he would have been hurt if he hadn't dropped at the knees. Funny thing was there was a longer delay between his knee drop and brace for impact than he expected so it made the whole thing look that much more blatant. He's clearly no Selwood.

Wall of awesome text

Lovely write up FG!

Was so pleased to see Mackenzie be (much) more physical, but unfortunately didn't notice his ball skills.

Loved Jacob's backing it up and being an effective player.

Agree re: Zieballs hacks out of the centre. Used to kick them almost facing 180 degrees the wrong way. Seems to be angling himself much better so he can better see where he's kicking.

Best part for me though was Taz, Turner and Wood (Firrito as well, chuffed he doesn't look to have lost anything, have a massive soft spot for the bloke).
I feel much more confident that Taz can make it in the backline today. Turner's smarts are incredible for someone so young. Wood put in a solid defensive game for the most part on top of showing off his quality wares.

At this stage I think Turner and Wood would have to be almost guaranteed a spot in the 22. So bloody many players to fit in though!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F***ing numpties.......opposition supporters wonder why we get narky.
have a look at this article under the banner of "NAB Challenge: North Melbourne defeats Hawthorn by 13 points, Jarrad Waite reported"

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/na...d-waite-reported/story-fnelctok-1227253778842

headlines that describe the win often talk the majority of the team that wins.......but yep you guessed it, we get the last paragraph.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 Swallow
2 Wright
1 Thompson
Honourable mentions to Ziebell, Cunners, Jacobs, Spud, LT

Also thought Wood and Turner were promising

-3 Black
-2 Adams
-1 Nahas/ Petrie

Last edited by a moderator:
Good solid win North Melbourne. You guys played very well, especially after quarter time. Good signs down back with Tippett, Tarrant and Wright. All the best in 2015.

See you in this years Grand Final.
;)
have another look at the stats from the 1st qtr......we matched you (stats wise) but not on the scoreboard against 3-4 goal wind. Dream your pipe dream of a 3peat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day North vs Hawks, 4:40pm, Sunday, Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back