Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Repeating myself now but the main issue with the majority of our team is they are not mentally strong enough and don’t despise losing!!

I heard one of the Hawks players through the week say after their Round 5 loss, all the players got together (no coaches) and made a commitment to each other to do everything in their power to get better every minute of the day. They were sick of losing! Rest is history.

It’s on our leaders and senior players to drive the standards but we have 19 year olds trying to drive the standards!! No wonder why Clarko is f%£king desperate to get some high class senior leaders in!!
Well. I am told our co-captains this week said they knew the Dogs thrashing was coming as players were deflated by Eagles loss. What great leadership!

he should be saying everyone in playing group is on notice starting now and don't be late for day 1 preseason. start with sheez as captain. announced that day.
here is an idea for clarko to stop talking about the oppo. same s*t every-week who gives a f*ck how far ahead others are ahead and more about what we are going to do to turn this sh*tshow around.
be inspiring not insipid, be ruthless.
Yeah I get sick of him talking about the opposition every press conference

Hawks rebuild in a blink of an eye after shedding arguably their greatest ever coach.

We pick him up and are still seemingly playing the long rebuild game.

And think of the impact of any trade targets crazy enough to even consider us lol
Dont underestimate the influence of sicily.

We desperately need another mid/small defensive player. Tucker was good today. The avalanche got him. Cant play mck and fisher in same back line. So fast track hardiman and goater if fit or get someone else late in draft ir trade. Powell was trying to lock down in second half - maybe thats something to work on.
Atm we are torched by ground balls inside 50 and on lead - some of it is lack of mid pressure but we are very poor defensively. Except archer. And there is too much focus on getting easy kicks frankly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf did these campaigners do between last weeks game and today? Book transfer flights? Organise airport pick ups and shuttle services? Allocate wrist passes for night clubs?

Genuine question, has anyone shed a tear after today's loss or is it just a feeling of, oh well?

I ask as I just feel "meh" about it because the club at every level, do not care.

I echo everything tazaa said as I've said the same twice over this year.

The scary thing is, if that was against a genuine top 4 side in the dry and not a side making up the numbers, it would've been close to the Cats v Dee's at KP approx 2007.

Hawks rebuild in a blink of an eye after shedding arguably their greatest ever coach.

We pick him up and are still seemingly playing the long rebuild game.

And think of the impact of any trade targets crazy enough to even consider us lol
Sam Mitchell was coming into a club with a culture of success. Clarko was coming into a club with a losing culture, one job is a lot easier than the other.

Genuine question, has anyone shed a tear after today's loss or is it just a feeling of, oh well?

I ask as I just feel "meh" about it because the club at every level, do not care.

The scary thing is, if that was against a genuine top 4 side in the dry and not a side making up the numbers, it would've been close to the Cats v Dee's at KP approx 2007.
I’m just feeling despondent, not sad, not angry.

Then it's up to the president, ceo, coaches and captains to be better and not accept the putrid standards that have been set for over half a decade. If we're out of the AFL in 5 years then it's completely our fault. The AFL doesn't set us up to lose to a team that almost everyone on here was confident we'd finish above by 124 points. They don't appoint our development coaches and list managers that do **** all and then hand out lengthy contracts to useless players and recruit throwaway from other clubs. This is on us not the AFL
Yes on the surface it appears we are our own worst enemy.

Thats to say our management integrity is sound and nit compromised but lets not go there too conspiratorial. No doubt our management have the hardest job in the AFL with the most road blocks to overcome.

Its a slippery slope for us. Signing a CZ for 5 years means there really wasnt a better offer for him. Its a shit signing and one that seems we just didnt have any other choice.

Could question most signings with Sheez being the exception.

We dont have access to the same talent pool as the rest of the league. Elite players will take less years and less $ to not sign with us. This fact alone means we will forever dwell at the bottom.

Just look at the Hawks signings from last year.

If by some miracle we are competing in a few years then perhaps we may be more enticing as a club but thats a massive ask and Im just to weary of the calls to fold getting stronger after another failed season with little to no progress.

Im writing the little light after the bye off now.

Unfortunately we are use to it, take a step forward then 2 back

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back