Official 2012 Trade Period Discussion (#2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt it, surely this would have been discussed when Monfries was traded. It would seem silly for us to negotiate another possible trade deal with Port.

was still deciding at that point i believe and no way he would have been any part of that monfries deal anyway.

with what the dons have at hand they couldnt have done any possible deal directly with us anyway. nothing you would let go we would want and vice versa. could not see any deal freo does for gumby if he decided to go which would involve their first, more likely a player wanting to vic maybe plus a pick depending on the player. nothing that they would let go that would satisfy port in a 3 way.

Oh snap according to some North posters he's a better inside mid than Selwood lol

Did jump on Caddy too quick????

Naaah doubt it.
Yep and judging by that article he's a forward pocket/mid.:thumbsu:

Hey guys. Any truth to the rumour Andrew Wills, the uncle of Josh Caddy will be re-uniting with the Cats and going back to the club in a coaching role for season 2013?

He isn't a forward pocket really. Can play there for a short period of time but is really a one-touch inside mid. Understandable that he wants to leave given he correctly points out he is back in the pecking order but he is more than handy, so it is annoying to lose more depth.

I don't see why?

Jacobs -> Essendon
Gumby -> Freo
Something from Freo -> Port

Not suggesting that's equal value, but the foundation is there.

Essendon doesn't really need Jacobs. We have plenty of half backs (heppel, hardingham, dempsey, hibberd).
I reckon that freo and essendon are more likely to do the trade (not that i want to lose gumby) without a third club. Most likely Roberton or Suban. Just speculating though

He's a very handy depth player. Pretty good inside player, just too small. I can understand why he's leaving as he could be a best 22 player at the right club and I don't begrudge him trying to get more opportunities but it'll be annoying to lose more depth players.

Might be a good fit at Essendon. While he's decent I'm assuming this will be a goodwill pick 96 type trade.

Oh snap according to some North posters he's a better inside mid than Selwood lol

Naaah doubt it.

Naaah doubt it.

Not sure what board you are trolling, no one on the north board has said the above

Having said that he would be a good pick up for the right club, hard at it !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Mark Neeld thinking He wants to recruit Dawes and Gumbleton already has Clark aswell as signing Hogan. Have given up on Watts and Lucas Cook? Mate your midfield is where you need to focus on. I know you have Viney now but apart from Jones and Trengrove your midfield group is terrible.

He's a very handy depth player. Pretty good inside player, just too small. I can understand why he's leaving as he could be a best 22 player at the right club and I don't begrudge him trying to get more opportunities but it'll be annoying to lose more depth players.

Might be a good fit at Essendon. While he's decent I'm assuming this will be a goodwill pick 96 type trade.

Richmond would be happy to take care of him.

It's Essendon, don't you know how their trading works, Spud + Hack + Delister = First Rounder from another club

Seriously you want to compare the Essendon and whatever your club is called this week and their methods to achieve success. Dustin Fletcher has played in more premierships than you footy club.
See how easy cheap shots are? Be better than that.

Not sure what board you are trolling, no one on the north board has said the above

Having said that he would be a good pick up for the right club, hard at it !
Was in the Caddy thread someone was bragging about Garlett and Wells being great inside mids which I lol'd at.

They then went on to say Garletts clearance to disposal ratio is higher than Selwoods therefore making him a better inside mid.

Hate it how people use stats so ridiculously.

Also feel sorry for Jordan Russell, if Port don't want him not sure who will

I think it's more that we aren't interesting in trading, nor taking him via free agency. If he's still there at the PSD, I think we'd be pretty likely to take him still. At least thats how I heard it as.

What is Mark Neeld thinking He wants to recruit Dawes and Gumbleton already has Clark aswell as signing Hogan. Have given up on Watts and Lucas Cook? Mate your midfield is where you need to focus on. I know you have Viney now but apart from Jones and Trengrove your midfield group is terrible.
I think that Cook is on the coaching staffs bad side and could be on the way out. Or rumor would have it that way anyway.

As for Watts they may have realized he won't bulk up enough to be a power forward and have plans to use him as a mobile marking target up the ground or an intercept defender where he can use his mobility, good hands and foot skills to hid advantage.

Also as Jamar gets older I would expect Clarke may eventually have to start playing more time in the ruck as Melbourne's current back up rucks look pretty ordinary IMO.

I think it's more that we aren't interesting in trading, nor taking him via free agency. If he's still there at the PSD, I think we'd be pretty likely to take him still. At least thats how I heard it as.

"Mixed messages from Port but what is certain is that Jordan Russell has been told he is no chance of playing there"

Doesn't sound too promising to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back