List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely happy we're throwing in a player, but Adelaide would've pushed very hard for one given picks only have speculative worth and I can understand their position.

Doing Back flips!!!
We just got ourselves...
.... PADDY FRIGGIN DANGERFIELD....
OK peoples.... Just focus.... Try to focus....
Focus on what we have just got.... PADDY FRIGGIN DANGERFIELD....
WE are now a better side for it.... No IF'S BUT'S or MAYBE'S....
LOL...
I can't believe we have got ourselves a legit TOP 5 player... for 2 picks in a shallow crappy draft and a 2014 Pick 55...
Finals here we come!!

Gore was probably homesick and more than happy to agree to be part of the trade. I hope that was the case anyways so in that sense, we should probably move along and consider this a very fair swap. It's 'apparently' a weak draft after all and we have secured one of the few players in the league who can go on to match the exploits of Bartel, Johnson or Ablett.

Been told this.
Heard Adelaide wanted a player and after Geelong talked to the players Gore put his hand up and said "I'm willing to go".
Good on him, wants to play locally and gets a chance, good luck to him.

Geelong supporters: What the hell are we giving up 9, 28 and Gore for?

Adelaide supporters: What the hell are we accepting 9, 28 and Gore for?

The very definition of a win-win trade, when everyone is slightly dissatisfied.

I doubt it. He'll be our fourth best mid next year behind Danger, Duncan, and Motlop.

You think :/
For me I think if neither of them get tagged (unlikely) then Selwood & Danger are pretty damn even.
Duncan definitely looked like breaking out so a possibility to be up there, depends if he goes back to more a wing position rotating through centre with our midfield inclusions.
Motlop will be his usual half forward rotating through midfield so still picking Joel to be ahead of him.
Caddy a chance to be up there too! Think centre bounce setup next year will start J. Selwood, Danger & Caddy. Then Duncan, Blicavs & Guthrie their major rotations with Motlop, Lang & Cockatoo their minor rotations, Scooter tagging.

Cats fans, seriously. What would you want if it was Selwood going the other way? Have some perspective. Reported deal is a great one for our club.

Now let's not waste a first rounder on a scrubber from Carlton.
Correct....we et a ready made champion....build a good team....destination club...use free agency with new rules soon...this will lead to great things..

Just had to fix up your quote. I would happily trade Selwood for that. He's just come off the worst season he's ever had and has played 8 brutal seasons (including finals nearly 9 seasons) of footy and frankly looks well past his best. I reckon physically he'd be about 32 not 27.

What a load of absolute horse sht! You would happily trade our captain in the prime of his career, and arguably one of the best 5 players in the league for pick 9 and 28 in a weak draft? Thank god you aren't any near the Geelong management, that could possibly be the dumbest thing I've read on Bigfooty, and I frequent bay 13 quite often. Congratulations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's part of our second string midfield line, apparently. With the body of a 90 year old.
In that case let's hope we can push hard for a 3rd rounder :p

My view is once you decided to not over pay him, the draft becomes a factor for us, but not huge.

You give up 9 because thats what you need to use to get him in the draft.

Minimal risk of him not lasting to that pick imo. Non vic clubs wouldnt touch him, Carlton wont use pick 1 on him. Collingwood might have, but they wont keep pick 7. Maybe Melbourne roll the dice. Maybe Essendon. They probably go for 10 year prospects though.

The risk probably doesnt warrant giving up another 1st rounder. So you give up 28 and Gore to stay out of the draft. You pay more than you want, but still win the trade, we avoid complete disaster of RFA compo.

I doubt it. He'll be our fourth best mid next year behind Danger, Duncan, and Motlop.
And the reason you believe Motlop and Duncan are better is because they run free while Selwood and now Danger run around with half the opposition mids hanging off their backs. I think you'll see a different captain next year. Very harsh appraisal from you.

Hey I love the guy and he's literally bled for the club so many times I've lost count but in a pure pragmatic emotionless trade deal I think that'd be a pretty good deal for us.
Yeah I don't think you're too far wrong. Im worried about where his body is at, danger will help. The only unknown quantity is what you lose interns of culture and leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back