Official North Melbourne Vs Geelong Final Series Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should be resting CJ and Swallow. Pointless making him run around when he is not fully fit and the game is over. Just leave him, and hope he gets it right next week.

You don't get anywhere playing injured players,we already carry a couple of passengers every week,NOTHING WRONG IN PLAYING LOWER FOR SWALLOW and at least 3 fit players could of stepped in for Jones,apart from that the whole midfield was shit,got smashed in one on one battles,if they are fair dinkum they will not get a minute's sleep tonight,they should be haunted by that insipid display.

The Kangas will regroup for next week and The Hawks will be under no illusions the Roos will come out breathing fire.
Any complacency from todays result will end in tears ....
I expect a close encounter next week.
See you there

Some frees were soft.

Some frees were correct.

Some were from just poor discipline.

You can't blame the umpires for this result like you could for other games.

In the end I think it was the midfield - we just lack 2-3 class players. Too much left to too few.

I think not going in with one of our three indigenous goal sneeks was a mistake.

I'd say we lack a full back, 2 class midfielders, and a dominant forward.

Midfield was the problem today.

Spot on imo, you watch the best teams they run, carry and overlap the ball through the middle with handball so well. They make average forwards good through a weight of numbers and good delivery.

Too many of ours go missing too often, and certainly seem to lack the sure hands and skills to hit targets to keep that ball moving smoothly.

Sure a great FB would be nice, but he is useless unless we can stop supply. The best way to stop supply is to control the pill. Besides, im not sure you recruit a FB, they generally start off as forwards come backmen.

We desperately need 2-3 quality midfielders and should be our focus over coming years. Boomer, Grant, Simmo aren’t getting any younger and certainly haven’t stood up as the money man in recent finals. Rawlings, well he is ok as a stopper, but clearly lacks the skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official North Melbourne Vs Geelong Final Series Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back