Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

A key forward isn't the answer to our problems Fronk. We still have Mark Austin at CHB, very little pace, and have lost everything Griffen gives us through the midfield, which won't be easily replaced. I'm concerned at how we address the holes from here. I'm extremely happy to have Boyd at the club and will no doubt forget all about it in an hour or two, but it does sting a little thinking about the significant gaps we still have in the side.

Don't get me wrong, understand that top-line KPF prospects command a huge price. But for me, Griff's leave presented an opportunity to bring in top quality talent in all of the areas we lack. For me, we've now topped one up to an extreme, and left the cupboard bare for the others.
Trade perioud not done yet mate. I reckon we will still try and nab a key defender before its done.

hmmm happy we stuck to our guns and Ryan Griffen can go **** himself.

However... we paid a heavy price handing over pick 6.

Hope Boyd is worth it

Don't agree. Griffen, after this debacle, his value deterioriates. He has shown to be gutless and not a leader. Great player, poor professional.

You trade him and 6 for the forward you crave. Big men come at premium, especially those with that much potential.

You got your man. I don't think you guys paid overs at all.

Trade perioud not done yet mate. I reckon we will still try and nab a key defender before its done.
And if we manage to swing a good quality one by 2pm tomorrow I will be the first to come on here with a heavily inappropriate celebratory post. ;)

A key forward isn't the answer to our problems Fronk. We still have Mark Austin at CHB, very little pace, and have lost everything Griffen gives us through the midfield, which won't be easily replaced. I'm concerned at how we address the holes from here. I'm extremely happy to have Boyd at the club and will no doubt forget all about it in an hour or two, but it does sting a little thinking about the significant gaps we still have in the side.

Don't get me wrong, understand that top-line KPF prospects command a huge price. But for me, Griff's leave presented an opportunity to bring in top quality talent in all of the areas we lack. For me, we've now topped one up to an extreme, and left the cupboard bare for the others.
Essentially we have paid pick 6 for boyd. Look at the big picture. We didnt get some half a chance at being a key forward. We got the real thing for once. Think about the marketing we will get through this alone.

And guys, we finally have a ****ing genuine rivalry.

While I agree in part, think of how good a young gun KPF is from a marketing perspective as well, especially for the Dogs. I'm just ecstatic that we finally have a KPF that's good, that will hopefully stay with us and grow from a young age. Imagine how good that is for the many supporters.

And if we manage to swing a good quality one by 2pm tomorrow I will be the first to come on here with a heavily inappropriate celebratory post. ;)

We can't fix all of the holes in our list on one trade and draft period. We made giant strides (pun intended) today though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion guys, but I have a soft spot for the Doggies - congrats guys, a great effort by your club to land Tom Boyd :thumbsu:

I wonder if the Boyd trade had occured last week if Macca would still be coach ?

Be happy Dan, we just got one of the hardest things to get, a 200cm power forward! :)

Worry about the other stuff later. :D

Essentially we have paid pick 6 for boyd. Look at the big picture. We didnt get some half a chance at being a key forward. We got the real thing for once. Think about the marketing we will get through this alone.

And guys, we finally have a ******* genuine rivalry.

And we got the 'real thing' at the beginning of his career - not the end. This has been a very good day for the club.

Griffen and 6 feels overs. But from all accounts they wanted to give us only 4 for Griffen. So it's 4 and 6. Which in any draft you'd trade up to get pick 1, especially when it's a situation like last year when pick 1 was a clear standout. I'm ****en happy, especially when I ruled it out yesterday after GWS' statement.
Captain who walked out who was probably a free agent. 28 so he had about 4 good years and two ok ones

Nabbed a bloke who's got 12 years ahead of him

Don't agree. Griffen, after this debacle, his value deterioriates. He has shown to be gutless and not a leader. Great player, poor professional.

You trade him and 6 for the forward you crave. Big men come at premium, especially those with that much potential.

You got your man. I don't think you guys paid overs at all.

I agree. Boyd has 10 more season left than Griffen. Pick 6 vapourware at this stage, could be a dud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back