Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Western Bulldogs, played hard and got the reward. Young Talent in and (while talented himself) Griffen out is easier to cover with your developing mids than finding a 200cm gun KF.

A key forward isn't the answer to our problems Fronk. We still have Mark Austin at CHB, very little pace, and have lost everything Griffen gives us through the midfield, which won't be easily replaced. I'm concerned at how we address the holes from here. I'm extremely happy to have Boyd at the club and will no doubt forget all about it in an hour or two, but it does sting a little thinking about the significant gaps we still have in the side.

Don't get me wrong, understand that top-line KPF prospects command a huge price. But for me, Griff's leave presented an opportunity to bring in top quality talent in all of the areas we lack. For me, we've now topped one up to an extreme, and left the cupboard bare for the others.

Mate I like a lot of your work. But we can fill other holes in our backline in other ways.

The lack of KPF has brutalised us over the years. Even if Boyd ends up half the player he is reported to be its a win. Its the hardest thing to do is get a KPF. KPDs and outside runner can be drafted or FA'd.

More importantly Boyd's decision makes us a destination club if a player wants success. It was Boyd's reasoning (& $$$) and he just made us more attractive.

I say chin up. Yep we paid overs, but to get a KPF you have to do this.

Boyd for Griffen + pick 6
WOW, ok so now GWS has 4-6-7, and we have no first rounders left....but who cares, the only reason we wanted 1st roundres was to get a giant forward...mission accomplished!!!! our other picks are good in this draft anyway and we already got cordy for peanuts. WELL DONE BOYS!

As long as we have money to offer Bonts, Stringer and MacCrae this sort of money.

All happy now, yet nobody likes someone getting more money than you think they deserve.

This will have to be very carefully managed by the club.

Holllyyyy......F***innnn S**zzzzz.
Nearly can't believe it, comprehend even
WE HAVE HIM, MY GOODNESS. We cannot belittle this, easily one of the biggest things to have happened to our club Recruiting wise ever!!
Right now, although losing 6 was unfortunate with Griff... I cannot believe some peoples displeasure in that we paid overs. That may be true but we gotta remember Griff was gone, either if he left or stayed in a way that we couldn't see him the same way. Albeit leaving via hell disappointing means, it resulted in us tasting the sour early to get something ever so sweet to follow. Thanks for the 10 years Griff of showing dare and flare and indirectly making this move possible. As for pick 6, plz, we can only dream the KPPs we would want were available by then, the same being if we even got 4 (+7). With this move we got a stubborn little GWS to budge from their high and mighty stance to finally release one of the ultimate young gems in the game. Still holding on to the dominance my best mate who played with him described him to contain, can't believe seeing one poster here questioning a Jack Watts situation; soz mate but your absolutely delusional to put him in the same boat of potentially not living up to expectation.
Griff was great, but we've seen the future of our midfield which the whole competition is watching on the rise. and, our forward....line......
Boyd, Cram, String (+Jones if stays) and the crumbers...... Here we come guys!!

EctoPlasm.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as we have money to offer Bonts, Stringer and MacCrae this sort of money.

All happy now, yet nobody likes someone getting more money than you think they deserve.

This will have to be very carefully managed by the club.

I'm sure the club has considered all of that. Let's just soak it up for a while eh?

Holllyyyy......F***innnn S**zzzzz.
Nearly can't believe it, comprehend even
WE HAVE HIM, MY GOODNESS. We cannot belittle this, easily one of the biggest things to have happened to our club Recruiting wise ever!!
Right now, although losing 6 was unfortunate with Griff... I cannot believe some peoples displeasure in that we paid overs. That may be true but we gotta remember Griff was gone, either if he left or stayed in a way that we couldn't see him the same way. Albeit leaving via hell disappointing means, it resulted in us tasting the sour early to get something ever so sweet to follow. Thanks for the 10 years Griff of showing dare and flare and indirectly making this move possible. As for pick 6, plz, we can only dream the KPPs we would want were available by then, the same being if we even got 4 (+7). With this move we got a stubborn little GWS to budge from their high and mighty stance to finally release one of the ultimate young gems in the game. Still holding on to the dominance my best mate who played with him described him to contain, can't believe seeing one poster here questioning a Jack Watts situation; soz mate but your absolutely delusional to put him in the same boat of potentially not living up to expectation.
Griff was great, but we've seen the future of our midfield which the whole competition is watching on the rise. and, our forward....line......
Boyd, Cram, String (+Jones if stays) and the crumbers...... Here we come guys!!

You sir are making too much sense.

This is fantastic news for the club! We now have that power forward you can build a side around.

Think the forgotten man here is Crameri. He will no longer be taking the best defender. He will flourish next year.

A key forward isn't the answer to our problems Fronk. We still have Mark Austin at CHB, very little pace, and have lost everything Griffen gives us through the midfield, which won't be easily replaced. I'm concerned at how we address the holes from here. I'm extremely happy to have Boyd at the club and will no doubt forget all about it in an hour or two, but it does sting a little thinking about the significant gaps we still have in the side.

Don't get me wrong, understand that top-line KPF prospects command a huge price. But for me, Griff's leave presented an opportunity to bring in top quality talent in all of the areas we lack. For me, we've now topped one up to an extreme, and left the cupboard bare for the others.

Collins, Skinner and Weitering all 8-20 prospects next year as key defenders. If you guys finish say, 11th - you'll be in the perfect range to nab a top tier key defender :)

You know wats funny.

Now that we have Boyd, our last year draft has added Boyd, Bonti, Stringer, Macrae, Hrovat, Hunter.

Anyone else think thats by far the best outcome out of all clubs?
Lol have been thinking the same thing. Dont worry folks as from what i know of Boyd he will be worth it. Watch stringer and cras get more goals too.
I know im going to get shot down for this but i believe we try to keep Jones.

It's so much easier to fill in holes other years, compared to a young KPF. So you really want more quick fixes or other teams spuds or take Boyd when we have the chance?

I don't see what is wrong with a deal like Boyd and 19 for Griff and 6. or something like that were its 2 for 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back