Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd is a Bulldog. That's good.

We gave up Arse-wipe and pick 6. I can handle that.

We pay part of Arse-wipe's contract NEXT YEAR ONLY because that was what he was contracted to us for - OK.

We pay part of Arse-wipe's salary beyond 2015 - ****ING MADNESS.

Whilst a straight swap, or 4 and 7 would have been nice it was probably a pipe dream. In cold light of day Griff probably is only worth 3-5. He is 29 next year, had back trouble, and now attitude/character concerns too. If we had pick 4 and 6 we would probably think it fair to trade them for pick 1 if Boyd was available at pick 1. Not to mention Boyd with a full year of development.

I think the trade was fair, just cant believe the reported salary he will be on. Its likely to push some of their youth out when their contracts are up and they are keen on getting their pay rise.

I just hope Boyd being on mega bucks doesn't upset the other kids too much. I mean, what do Stringer and co think about the pay packet?

This is why Rookie contracts should be 4 yrs in length, 1st/2nd yr guaranteed, 3rd/4th team options.

I just hope Boyd being on mega bucks doesn't upset the other kids too much. I mean, what do Stringer and co think about the pay packet?
Thats what I would be concerned about..If all your young stars develop as expected, might be hard to fit them all in under the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is one hell of a coup. I just hope for your sake he turns into the player he could be. It just leaves me wondering, if you're getting rid of the senior players who weren't happy and you've got one of the best young groups in the competition, why would you get rid of the guy recognised as one of the best development coaches in the game? Surely it was McCartney or Griffen that had to go, not both. I just feel that McCartney working with this group of young men could've achieved amazing things.
I feel the same way about McCartney, I really reckon we should have left him on and let him be the one to bring these boys through. If we can land an experienced coach it might be a good move but who knows what were going to get if we get someone new. But I think it must have been a bit worse behind the scenes for us to make that call, as much as I still genuinely rate him as a coach (and I hope he gets another chance somewhere) its done now so its time to move on.

Tommy ****ing Boyd ey? This is huge for our club and while I do still think we overpaid a bit (Pick 6 + Griffen, fine but don't see why we need to pay for that campaigners contract as well) who really cares? So pumped to watch him grow with this team. Were trying something different here and I cant ****ing wait to watch it unfold.

Seriously wtf has happened this trade period. It has just been an absolute roller coaster, I remember only a few weeks ago we were all just talking about how boring trade week is going to be, another 2 or 3 weeks of just absolutely nothing until the last day, In that time we've had Ryan Griffen our beloved captain just up and walk out, sacked our coach and now have Tom Boyd on the list.

You tell me even just one of those things was going to happen a month or two ago and I laugh in your face and walk out of the room.

We will have a bit of a short term hit from this but **** it, were looking ****ing fantastic in the future, now just hurry the **** up.

Thats what I would be concerned about..If all your young stars develop as expected, might be hard to fit them all in under the cap.

Exactly. Our list management will be earning their pay the next few years, and I would expect 5 year contracts to be back in vogue for elite players on a list (say, top 4-6). But as we have seen this year, contracts ultimately mean little. A new era, threatening to arrive for several years, has hit with a vengeance in this trade period, and no club will be immune from it. And supporters will have to adapt.

Parents should put velcro numbers on their kid's jumpers to save time...

Just thinking about Boyd at ff and Bonts at chf gee that's scary , missus hasn't ever got me this hard before
And Stringer in the pocket... and Crameri taking the 4th tall... and Dahl and Honey roaming their feet.

Thats a seriously ****ing scary forward line in the next few years, if we still can't kick a score we've got a problem.

everyone who is being negative wake up to yourselves. Before Patton, who was the last genuine looking Power forward to be drafted?

Im pretty sure it was Roughead/Franklin in 2004?
Travis Cloke same year but F/S

Did you guys offer your 2nd round pick, get knocked back, then offer up pick 6?
You'd assume so. I doubt we'd have jumped from straight swap to Griffen and pick 6 without anything in between.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back