Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

A key forward isn't the answer to our problems Fronk. We still have Mark Austin at CHB, very little pace, and have lost everything Griffen gives us through the midfield, which won't be easily replaced. I'm concerned at how we address the holes from here. I'm extremely happy to have Boyd at the club and will no doubt forget all about it in an hour or two, but it does sting a little thinking about the significant gaps we still have in the side.

Don't get me wrong, understand that top-line KPF prospects command a huge price. But for me, Griff's leave presented an opportunity to bring in top quality talent in all of the areas we lack. For me, we've now topped one up to an extreme, and left the cupboard bare for the others.

Only temporarily though. We now have, not only a gun potential midfield - but a gun potential forward line. Players will now see us as a destination club, which will help ease the concerns in other areas over time.

Yep, we now need Talia/Roberts/Roughead to really stand tall in defence - and I think we need midfield support - but that'll come...

My mail is that even when Cooney leaves we will not be 100% there yet.
They dont really have anything left to complain about (whiteants). Coach etc removed?

Btw guys wtf is the deal with Brodie Moles? Is that guy a drug addict? He has the wierdest twitter and has said some harsh things about Macca.

Yeah, it's not like the trade involved two players that were still under contract or anything. :p
If Boyd wants to leave his contract a year early, but has won us six flags and six Norm Smiths in a row before hand, I may let that slide :p

Wait we have a power forward? I don't know how i feel about this. Going to need some time to think..
surprised-reaction-guy-l.png

They dont really have anything left to complain about (whiteants). Coach etc removed?

Btw guys wtf is the deal with Brodie Moles? Is that guy a drug addict? He has the wierdest twitter and has said some harsh things about Macca.
Complete f*wit from all reports.

Well done Bulldogs, proud to be a member, Macca fell on his sword, but all white ants removed.
Great get without a captain, Coach, just shows how well we are run.
Stay tuned boys, another big surprise tomorrow, and experienced KPP on our radar.
But I will not have a beer until Cooney gone.
GO DOGGIES.
Bloody hell black pup ya killing me :p

Exciting stuff, I'm guessing KPD but no idea who it would be.

Think I'm just going to take a slow wander through the GWS board tonight.

Have fun - I can recommend it. The Carlton board is even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Minson is working hard to build bridges. I'm not sure he is such a problem anymore.
Agree - especially with this comment from Garlick:
We know our supporters will be thrilled to see Tom play along-side the likes of Liberatore, Roughead, Wallis, Bontempelli, Macrae, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Johannisen, Hunter, Hrovat, Smith, Roberts and Talia, not to mention Minson, Murphy, Morris and Boyd and the rest our dedicated playing group.
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-10-15/boyd-a-bulldog

I got married this week, this is the best wedding gift anyone gave me.

Absolutely stoked that the club had the balls to make a decision like this. Griffo an absolute champion of the club, but he is 28, has a bad back and walked out on us as a captain. He was zero chance to be playing when we legitimately have a chance to contend again. I am not sad to see him leave. This is the player than we can not only build our forward line around but will want to make other players come to our club as well. Good midfielders can be picked up at 20, 30 even 40 in the draft, you can't pluck a bloke like Tom Boyd unless you have one of the top few picks.

Well done to the club, we were on our knees 24 hours ago, now there is hope for all involved. This day could go down in history.

I'd already bought my 4 memberships but i might even buy another one.

Go the mighty doggies!!

Well done Bulldogs, proud to be a member, Macca fell on his sword, but all white ants removed.
Great get without a captain, Coach, just shows how well we are run.
Stay tuned boys, another big surprise tomorrow, and experienced KPP on our radar.
But I will not have a beer until Cooney gone.
GO DOGGIES.

surely not? c'mon spill the beans man, at least a clue?

S__t - I've got nothing to complain about

Peter Gordon, Simon Garlick, Jason McCartney, Dalrymple and the rest of the team at the Bulldogs rebounded turning what initially was a huge negative into a massive positive landing the 2013 Number ONE draft pick who happens to be a Big Power Forward :D

I think Minson is working hard to build bridges. I'm not sure he is such a problem anymore.

I've spoken to him several times over the years, always comes across as a nice guy. He will at events give time to every fan who approaches him, doesn't shy away like some players.

However these incidents starting with the Cornes one, tends to make me believe he speaks without thinking at times.

I hope we keep him and all this makes him mature a bit and maybe he will stop and listen to the voice in his head before opening his mouth.

This is really a good deal for you guys. I am very happy that when it looked like you were going to get shafted with your captain demanding a trade while under contract you did something about it rather than just accept whatever unders GWS offered. Perfect way to hit back and give them a taste of their own medicine.

Also, Griffen was never going to be part of your next flag and he is clearly of limited value in terms of leadership and mentoring the younger players. Getting Boyd for pick 6 and whatever you could have gotten for Griffen is a good deal. He is a pick 1 who has shown every sign of living up to it and also exactly what your side needed.

Thanks for helping to keep this trade period interesting!

I've just spent a very pleasurable 20 minutes scrolling through the Carlton and GWS boards, tasting their salty tears and watching history be re-written and backflips galore. It was glorious!

But, but, but.... Boyd only wanted to be traded to Carlton..... :(:cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back