Official Trade Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Gold Coast be interested in pick 18 and Liam Anthony from North for Caddy? I think we would be.:thumbsu:

As TBD said, the talk about Caddy's father have been greatly exaggerated. That journo Robbo has made this a huge mess.

Long story short, if he goes, the only place he will go to is Essendon. This is because the Bombers have put a huge amount of cash on the table for him. Something I'm not sure the Suns will be able to match with his second contract renewal. Hirdy is very keen on him.

With that said, Essendon will have to do something pretty major I think to get him this year. Might just have to wait 12 months to snag him, unless we opt to keep him, which I'm not sure we should anymore.

By the time we lose Caddy next year through out of contract circumstances, we'll gain access to O'Meara. We'd clear up some cap room as well as list space. Club is no doubt thinking about this.

There's something very, very smelly about this whole Caddy episode.

As TBD said, the talk about Caddy's father have been greatly exaggerated. That journo Robbo has made this a huge mess.

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

It's just a coincidence that he happens to be a one eyed Essendon supporter.:rolleyes:

Long story short, if he goes, the only place he will go to is Essendon. This is because the Bombers have put a huge amount of cash on the table for him. Something I'm not sure the Suns will be able to match with his second contract renewal. Hirdy is very keen on him.

On the table?

How much is "under" the table?

With that said, Essendon will have to do something pretty major I think to get him this year. Might just have to wait 12 months to snag him, unless we opt to keep him, which I'm not sure we should anymore.

By the time we lose Caddy next year through out of contract circumstances, we'll gain access to O'Meara. We'd clear up some cap room as well as list space. Club is no doubt thinking about this.

Other clubs need to step up to the plate.

Ashcroft on the radio now.

Confirmed he wants to head back to Melb, and has only had talks with Essendon. Other clubs are welcome to chat, but Essendon is the only club in talks at present. I dont think it's an actual case of Caddy nominating Essendon as people have said. I just think they are the first club to offer some decent coin.

Ashcroft on the radio now.

Confirmed he wants to head back to Melb, and has only had talks with Essendon. Other clubs are welcome to chat, but Essendon is the only club in talks at present.

I expect this to change by 9 o'clock this morning.

I dont think it's an actual case of Caddy nominating Essendon as people have said. I just think they are the first club to offer some decent coin.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Hold off for a better deal.

As we all know when the player is still contracted it's a sellers market. It all comes down to how badly Hird wants Caddy next season in his team plan, and how much "over" he is prepared to pay. If Hird thinks Caddy is destined for a breakout season ie. Heppell, he will want him now at the Dons rotating through his midfield/fwd flank and becoming part of the Dons culture as they have a shot at the flag. He is very much like Hird as a player, maybe thus is why Jimmy wants him so bad?!

If Caddy stays a Sun this trades period, a lot could change for both clubs and for Caddy in 12-months. If Caddy plays a full season at the Suns his bonds will be much greater with the senior GC boys and his might start second guessing his choices. It also gives other Victorian clubs time to come up with a $$$ strategy to grab him Aka Mitch Clark style. They will all surely be in his head throughout the season with enticing offers for seasons end.

If the Hird wants him, I think his best decision is to throw the kitchen sink at the Suns and secure Caddy now. If they don't they risk losing him. Again the only questions to be answered is how badly does Hird want him and is he willing to risk waiting another 12-months?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear that Caddy's father is sick, but I still wouldn't trade the kid. He is an elite talent. We could surely give him time off when required, whether that is letting him stay in Melbourne & just fly to the Coast occasionally or go home for fortnightly blocks during the season or whatever. Hopefully he could still play some games for the Suns in 2012, but more importantly we want him available in 2013, 14 & 15.

If Suns dont get a cpl decent experienced bodies today, it will be very disappointing. Warnock seems to be still on the way, maybe Melbourne will enter into the Caddy situation and offer some sweeteners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back