Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Pies reluctance to pay a player ( lesson learnt ) on some flashy moments and potential- so offer is good but down on what Cats potentially offering ( so I’m told ) we’ll see I guess.

Personally he gets 2-3 years from us at a reasonable price only (250kish)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hang on, you’ve been told what the Cats are offering him?
This seems unlikely.

A lot of his speculation seems unlikely. I think it stems from teenage gossip

You don’t say? If I am Ollie’s manager I might almost be thinking that “kid, if you are getting dropped from the Pies’ forward line, it might be harder to hold a spot at the Cats”.

Hang on, you’ve been told what the Cats are offering him?
This seems unlikely.
Got to read more carefully JMac:

"what Cats potentially offering ( so I’m told )"

He's been told what they're potentially offering, or in other words, he's been told a made up figure.

I'm not worried about Cats: Gold Coast are potentially offering $800,000 a year. He's potentially gone.

I be quite be prepared to sign him for 3yrs at $350.000 a season maybe overs atm but quite cheap in 2 seasons time I think he has the potential to win matches on a regular basis for us in near future he can become a gun player.

Just get him signed up
Absolutely - I wouldn't mind us digging a little deeper into the wallet to get it done. Oliver Henry could be anything, in a number of different positions, so to lose him to a better offer at this young age would be a disaster.

Hopefully this is all nothing but grapevine bullshit

maybe explains why i get amazed at why pie fans insist on talking up the young players in the team ...a couple of marks and a couple of straight kicks and he's a superstar...

i wonder if ollie could make to all-australian this year?

Trouble is he can apply pressure (+ perceived pressure) in the way Jack does which is prob worth more to us

Jack is a much smarter footballer then Ollie and much more of a dead eye dick.

People aren't giving Ginnivan enough credit for his ability to get the ball prior to drawing the free kick as well as the times he's either roving goals or using smarts to get free on the lead.

maybe explains why i get amazed at why pie fans insist on talking up the young players in the team ...a couple of marks and a couple of straight kicks and he's a superstar...

i wonder if ollie could make to all-australian this year?
Nah, reckon Ginni's got his AA spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack is a much smarter footballer then Ollie and much more of a dead eye dick.

People aren't giving Ginnivan enough credit for his ability to get the ball prior to drawing the free kick as well as the times he's either roving goals or using smarts to get free on the lead.

The problem may be not with getting the ball..... it might be with getting enough room to dispose of the ball.... he's getting caught

well there are two half forward positions available.... i dont see a problem. Unless we cant fit Checkers in the CHF position....
and Cameron is a lock for Ruck/Forward. Billy as the forward pocket and that leaves the remaining forward line spots for all the other teams to fill - reckon that's generous.

The problem may be not with getting the ball..... it might be with getting enough room to dispose of the ball.... he's getting caught

ATM he is helping the tackler catch him, he isn't even looking to evade he wants to be tackled to draw high frees.

All of a sudden he changes angles, looks to give off quick or goes for a goal himself. Becomes much harder to tackle like they do currently.

ATM he is helping the tackler catch him, he isn't even looking to evade he wants to be tackled to draw high frees.

All of a sudden he changes angles, looks to give off quick or goes for a goal himself. Becomes much harder to tackle like they do currently.

its a good theory but i'm not sure he is strong enough or quick enough to evade......i think he's trapped himself into one way of being effective. It will be interesting to see if he can adjust this week...

its a good theory but i'm not sure he is strong enough or quick enough to evade......i think he's trapped himself into one way of being effective. It will be interesting to see if he can adjust this week...

He has good body work, footy smarts and timing. He will get goals elsewhere.

Strength and pace can be worked on. Admittedly pace can be improved but only to a level.

I know Pies reluctance to pay a player ( lesson learnt ) on some flashy moments and potential- so offer is good but down on what Cats potentially offering ( so I’m told ) we’ll see I guess.

Personally he gets 2-3 years from us at a reasonable price only (250kish)

That’s a push him out the door offer. A guy of Henry’s ability will back themselves in to be a $600k player by year 3 of that deal. I’d say 2 x $400k with incentives is about right. Currently slight overs on the basis that he’s in and out of the best 22, but in 23-24 he’s a permanent fixture of the best 22, ready to explode and it’s high enough that any other interested clubs are throwing silly money around to bring him in.

If Henry is such a soft ****, that he want's to go home to be with mum and dad, well, we are probably better off without him. FFS, Geelong is 45 minutes down the road

That's uncalled for. Henry has stated he is happy here, likes his independence, and has the best of both worlds with his family close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back