Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the boy but come on, Henry isn't a no.1 pick like Horne-Francis. The 25 and a sloppy kiss will get it done once the posturing gets stale.
Did take long to drag the truth out of you.

I hope it comes out that the pies told the #mackattack they would do it for 25 only to say no. Can imagine him toddling off to get reamed by the lions.

Do u love me now daddy wellsy? Am I a real boy now ?
We run our club, draft and trades so well it's likely the Smokey we pick at 25 has been feigning poor form for the last 12 months just to get to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope it comes out that the pies told the #mackattack they would do it for 25 only to say no. Can imagine him toddling off to get reamed by the lions.

Between this and the Bowes thread I take it the reaming in the Grand Final is still a bit raw? :grinv1:

I know those senarios are all possible and can work out but Collingwoods best outcome by far is keeping Ollie so the risk of no trade is worth a punt to me. Same way as you Cats people want the deal to go down,because, although you dont want to say it out loud yet, its hugely in your favour and you will have bent the Pies over if it goes through. Putting F1 out of reach was cynical but you are hoping we blink and you win.
Yep, I don't disagree with that. Another draft hand next year or the year after will likely provide more options, and we will need him more then.

We should have traded pick 25 and 33 for pick 81
Then handed another 81 to the swans for free

Tell me you’re triggered by the Grand Final without telling me you’re triggered by the Grand Final 😮

It's worth considering though. Geelong showed how it could work with the Richmond deal to get Holmes. Only people outside of Geelong think that was lucky - it wasn't. Wells and Co. projected numerous possible outcomes, researched who was likely to have a pick in the range they needed, and made it happen.
Are you serious? You were selling a future first. Just keep the for sale sign on until you get a buyer or there's no one left in the draft that you value highly enough.

Wonder why they feel the need to grandstand like this? 12 months ago we got the Kreuger deal done for them with little to no fanfare. All eyes are on them now, hope they don't stumble!
AFL likes to stretch out the attention. It's their fault, cut trade down to one week and watch the dominos fall.

F1 For henry

First for bruhn

Future 3rd for bowes.

It was that simple

I would think it's very apparent by now that the Cats don't value Henry as much as people here do. If they thought he was worth a 1st, they would have paid it.

I think they value him around 20-25 personally but the F1 was never on the table, not because they want to win the trade or get him for unders, but purely because we have a list strategy to replenish the team with youth as we start to ramp up the retirements over the next few years and we need to have picks, or trade assets in each off-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back