Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's with the attitude? Brighton going okay in the PL - relax a bit!

It's 30km or so from Geelong CBD. I understand it's a 'Suburb' of Geelong but I don't know anyone from Geelong that would call Lara Geelong. In the same way you wouldn't hear Torquay, Anakie etc. referred to as Geelong. Todd from Barwon Heads reckons Barwon Heads isn't a part of Geelong for that matter!

Geelong ends at Corio far as I'm concerned, most will agree!

What attitude? I'm just stating the facts.

It's only 15 kms from city central. Similar distance to all the newer suburbs opening up.

I live in Geelong. Are you saying I don't know my own city?

What attitude? I'm just stating the facts.

It's only 15 kms from city central. Similar distance to all the newer suburbs opening up.

I live in Geelong. Are you saying I don't know my own city?
Yep! I live in Torquay and my partners family have been in Geelong for a good 80 years and I reckon they'd laugh you out of the room if you suggested to them that Lara is a suburb of Geelong. Might as well be Werribee!

You sure about that? I’ve read it can be smoothed out if the club and player are in agreement.
They've taken it away smoothing in terms of FA. Not sure about the draft. But they can't really do anything about oral agreements regarding the following contract.

Agreed we learnt with Luke ball 25 is Better then nothing you never know might get lucky at that pick
But it wont be nothing. Means if we dont get 25 we will take a later pick at the draft. At this stage 25 pushes out and our 41 pushes in so we drop late 20 pick to a late 30 pick. As a reference picks 21-30 avarage 65 games and picks 31-40 average 61 games per pick so it aint a big drop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's something really wrong in the league when a first round pick from two years ago who has played well so far, can demand a trade to the premiers AND demand this happen with minimal compensation, and there really isn't much his club can do about it.

Collingwood should stand their ground here. Geelong have pick 7 and that seems a reasonable starting point, especially considering the shady deal that they used to get that pick.

I'm not suggesting they trade 7.

An f1 and bring in another f2 is a stupidly simple deal

No its not because you alSo have to bring in an f3 and f4 to trade f1-please learn the rules.

Yep! I live in Torquay and my partners family have been in Geelong for a good 80 years and I reckon they'd laugh you out of the room if you suggested to them that Lara is a suburb of Geelong. Might as well be Werribee!

Well nobody I know doesn't consider Lara a suburb now.

Grovedale was once called German Town but nobody is calling it a town anymore.

Takes as long or longer to get to Leopold and that's a suburb.

There's something really wrong in the league when a first round pick from two years ago who has played well so far, can demand a trade to the premiers AND demand this happen with minimal compensation, and there really isn't much his club can do about it.

Collingwood should stand their ground here. Geelong have pick 7 and that seems a reasonable starting point, especially considering the shady deal that they used to get that pick.

Completely separate issues which some slow learners are having trouble grasping. We won’t be trading pick 7 so forget it. We have other aspirations for that which are more important than acquiring Henry.

25 is a very reasonable offer for him. If the Pies won’t accept that it’s on them.

So if I’m reading the reports correctly, cats knock back 33 for esava yet think 25 is fair value for Ollie 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

To be fair i think 33 for esava is fair but we clearly arent trading him unless the henry deal also goes through (given our lack of kpp)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back