Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey I hope that this rumour is false. From an outsider's viewpoint, I reckon that Collins is a far better player than Griggs. He looked ok against us at the Gabba this year.

Sometime you can't fathom what gets into the heads of the club's powerbroker's when they make these decisions. It doesn't seem right.

I was pretty annoyed with my club's trades last year. I can understand your anger & frustration over this proposed trade.

I remember that cup final....Man.Ure's the only sporting club I hate even more than your lot...maybe you should change it to "AndGriggsMustScore" after this year's elimination final....you'll be glad to know Collins won't miss those ones....:mad:

Awww how can you hate poor ole Brighton ;)

(yes I realise who you meant)

How the **** are we losing Collins to those scum? Grigg wants out, **** Carlton and drop interest. Pick him up in the draft.

I will shit bricks Richmond, Don't make me do it.

Hey I hope that this rumour is false. From an outsider's viewpoint, I reckon that Collins is a far better player than Griggs. He looked ok against us at the Gabba this year.

Sometime you can't fathom what gets into the heads of the club's powerbroker's when they make these decisions. It doesn't seem right.

I was pretty annoyed with my club's trades last year. I can understand your anger & frustration over this proposed trade.

hopefully that is all it is..

I think you guys are over rating Collins. He is not that good. With a full squad available he would not be in our best 22. Grigg would easily be in our best team.
No way. Would rather Collins than Grigg every day of the week.
I'm warming to the deal if it means we get Jacobs in the PSD. Collins and our third rounder for Grigg, Jacobs and Carlton's second rounder. I can live with that. Cheers, tankers.
No way RATD. Won't happen. And anyway, since when is Jacobs so damn good? He's played about 20 career games over 4 years, was drafted as a rookie and rated behind 3 other ruckmen at the Blues. Only since he played one good final and it just happens to be the last game people have seen him in. We wouldn't be interested if he hadn't announced he wanted to leave.
I just cant contemplate why we are giving someone so talented away, when we have all the bargaining power. The only thing l can suggest is that they are letting something slip through to the PSD.

Because Collins for Grigg is not a fair trade. One for one... l'd take Collins anyday of the week.

Hardwick talks about skills and how we need to improve... This kid has excellent foot skills and is probably one of our best kicks for goal.

I dont get it... just dont.

:eek:
Agree. This is ****ed. I'm so ****ing furious.
I feel abused.

The camaraderie that Collins had formed with the other youngsters (and Cuz for that matter) was the most exciting part of my year. There was a genuine feeling that Collins was integral to the kids changing the culture of Richmond.

I dont care if Joanna has more potential, because the more upside to his skills in not so much that it outweighs the benefits of taking a well liked player from the side.

:thumbsdown:
Agree!!! I just can't come to terms with this and I guess it will take a long time. Andy in a Carlton jumper! Makes me feel sick. I thought we were gonna bend them over in this deal. Very ****ing weak CC. Why couldn't we have sent McGuane, Rance or Thursty across?

Still remember my elder brother and his mates all singing Ronnie Burns' "Smiley" every time Neil Smilie's name was mentioned. Glad I missed the replay.:thumbsdown:

I had a headband as a kid so I could look like the great man Fozzy...

foster_steve_19820904_gh_l.jpg

ffs if true its a joke. good ol craig cameron his record just gets worse and worse.

the whole ide is to actually build on what promising players we have.
collins is a work in progress and a damn promising prospect. there are many sub pars on the list with no real long term future and we get rid of one with genuine talent needlessly.
i have to ask why and while asking it demand an answer to the process we went thru in coming to this decision.
cameron does realise grigg is uncontractred and carlton will take pick 50 we owe them nothing.

if true there had better be a pick coming our way and a decent one at that. there has to be something else in it for us.

im all for dealing in good faith but this goes to far you can bet they would not be so kind if the shoe was on the other foot.

Exactly.

Just posted this in the relevant 'Drafts & Trading' thread:

If the OP is correct, I will buy a 2011 Richmond membership, just so I can tear it up.

Collins is on my 'untouchables' list with Jack, Lids, Martin & Cotchin, that's how high I rate him.

Would be a massive step back for the RFC is this goes ahead.

I thought we were past this s***....:mad::mad::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I thought all the Collins love was TIC:eek:. Whilst he has shown some promise and courage he won't be that big a loss. The melodrama here is spectacular for a mid-sized forward who may never be good enough to play in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with respect at being on your board - thank you for putting my mind at ease, from all ur accounts Collins looks like a decent pick up considering your team at trade week had the vasaline in one hand and sawdust in the other ... it was looking that painful.

All I can think if this trade is in fact true is that your guys look at it as Houli, Grigg for Collins, which is a trade that favours you, keeps us relatvely happy and screws Essendon.

I hope its a win all round and that the scum are the only ones shafted.

Never minded the Tiges and would like to see them healthy for the sake of the competition.

This time next year I am sure you will all be happy wit Grigg's output.

You have obviously lost a great clubman for a piece of s$%t merc but picked up someone who at this stage helps ur list more.

Time will tell but thx just the same am so happy if Essendon gets shafted and we both win.

:thumbsu:

the worst trade... collins such a good footballer and good bloke, came up to me and my mate and said hey guys.RFC big mistake.. all u have to do is watch the sydney game.

I have jumped back in to agree, this is BS.:thumbsdown:

You guys talk about wins for the club are so important in the year and the guy that gets us over the line v the Swans is shown the door.

RIP Collins- he reminds me a little of KB, Calton I think can see his upside.

Disappointing,

We may as well trade Foley plus whatever to the Dons for pick 8 and screw GC's quest for Gorringe and Lynch at 9-11 since the Dons wont get the midfielder they want .

The gloves are off!!!!!!!

Andy has had a bad case of OP for much of his time at the Tigers. More injury prone than Grigg I would think. Collins is a good kick at goal but can't hit a target when playing in the midfield. This is why he was a forward this year. I would describe Andy as an honest footballer who tries hard but nowhere near the star some people make him out to be on this board.
As much as I like Andy I agree with this comment. Grigg is the better footballer but is he a better clubman??

I have jumped back in to agree, this is BS.:thumbsdown:

You guys talk about wins for the club are so important in the year and the guy that gets us over the line v the Swans is shown the door.

RIP Collins- he reminds me a little of KB, Calton I think can see his upside.

Disappointing,

We may as well trade Foley plus whatever to the Dons for pick 8 and screw GC's quest for Gorringe and Lynch at 9-11 since the Dons wont get the midfielder they want .

The gloves are off!!!!!!!

Agree with the above - welcome back!

I feel abused.

The camaraderie that Collins had formed with the other youngsters (and Cuz for that matter) was the most exciting part of my year. There was a genuine feeling that Collins was integral to the kids changing the culture of Richmond.

I dont care if Joanna has more potential, because the more upside to his skills in not so much that it outweighs the benefits of taking a well liked player from the side.

:thumbsdown:

This statement best sums up what Andy is and was for the club. He was mm's away from being promoted to the leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back