Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

if we trade Collins for Grigg - Hardwick and Cameron will lose massive points with me - hopefully this is a case of carlton just WANTING Collins and Richmond not telling them flat out no YET

If we are going to trade a player then trade Nahas or Polo. Collins is not worth it for Grigg.

The best and fair result for all would be a three way trade. Thursfield to Freo, Pick 38 to Carlton and Grigg to us.

I was actually going to say the same. Trade Polo or Nahas. NOT Collins.

But nothing has been confirmed yet, it seems that Carlton asked for Collins and that Richmond didnt offer to trade him.

I have signed into here for the first time in a while. I think this is my first post on this forum, I often post on other Richmond forums. I am no troll.
We are the winner in this deal. Collins is a dud, what is with all the love here? Collins is becoming cotchin threads? What the hell? He hardly hits targets. Too light. Doesn't tackle. Slow. People are hanging their hat on ONE game, the Sydney game. That is pretty much what he has for his career, that is the highlight. No good at all, we are the clear winner in this deal take it and run, we didn't trade any picks thank god. If he goes to Carlton good luck to him, hope he plays good football for them.

It hurt watching Collingwood win the flag but I just kept telling myself "at least it wasn't Carlton." ;)

Look u boys need to settle down unless Greg Miller is back in charge no chance u would trade collins for grigg.

I honestly don't see Grigg getting a game in 2 yrs at the tigers.

I'm warming to the deal if it means we get Jacobs in the PSD. Collins and our third rounder for Grigg, Jacobs and Carlton's second rounder. I can live with that. Cheers, tankers.

Agree. If you guys get Jacobs with your PSD pick and do a straight swap collins for grigg you would have to be happy with that.
Lets face it your rucks stink and Jacobs would help fill that void. And although Collins is a handy forward with a good attitude, Grigg will be an adequate replacement as a hard running midfielder or lockdown hbf. Collins slightly ahead in terms of upside but not much. Both have ordinary skills.
Suprised the Tigers offered Collins given his chararcter but he's probably the only player the blues were keen on equivelant to Grigg.
As for Houli, using your PSD pick for Jacobs means you miss Houli but i wouldnt be too concerned, his skills are terrible and has a pea heart. If he's still around in the national draft around the 80 mark then fair enough go for him but i wouldnt lose any sleep if you missed him.

Agree. If you guys get Jacobs with your PSD pick and do a straight swap collins for grigg you would have to be happy with that.
Lets face it your rucks stink and Jacobs would help fill that void. And although Collins is a handy forward with a good attitude, Grigg will be an adequate replacement as a hard running midfielder or lockdown hbf. Collins slightly ahead in terms of upside but not much. Both have ordinary skills.
Suprised the Tigers offered Collins given his chararcter but he's probably the only player the blues were keen on equivelant to Grigg.
As for Houli, using your PSD pick for Jacobs means you miss Houli but i wouldnt be too concerned, his skills are terrible and has a pea heart. If he's still around in the national draft around the 80 mark then fair enough go for him but i wouldnt lose any sleep if you missed him.

If this pans out then I could accept it, but it's too much of a risk. What if Jacobs has a change of heart and signs with Carlton? What if West Coast is interested in him and he doesn't mind going there? While with Grigg he made it clear that Richmond is his destination and will definately not sign up with Carlton.

About Houli going into the National Draft I haven't thought about that. If he puts a 270,000 price on his head I doubt a club would pick him before Richmonds pick 46. It would be like how Collingwood aquired Ball last year.

I will be very shitty with the RFC if this happens. Some people are right to say Collins has not achieved anything yet, but I still think he has the potential to be a very very good player for us in the future.

:thumbsdown:bad move by Richmond if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be very shitty with the RFC if this happens. Some people are right to say Collins has not achieved anything yet, but I still think he has the potential to be a very very good player for us in the future.

:thumbsdown:bad move by Richmond if true.

Who said he hasn't achieved anything? 15 games for 15 goals including many of them being important goals deep in the last qtr of close games

Tigers will piss of many many fans if they let this happen:thumbsdown:

Grigg is worth Polo or Nahas or some 3 rounder. Why would we trade a player who is contracted and probably shown more - for a player who is uncontracted, committed to leaving - and shown less??

Idiotic move if we do it - Greg Miller and Wallace era stuff

From Emma Quayle:

"I'm pretty sure Collins for Grigg isn't quite over the line yet. Stay tuned today though. Blues will be trying to sweet talk him into it."

"The Tigers haven't been throwing Collins' name around, though. the Blues specifically requested him."

Why would we give up one of our best kicks and one of our top goalkickers, when our two stated needs are goalkickers and players with kicking skills.

Not to mention he is loved around the club and is probably the most motivated player on our list.

I assumed that was the case Danog - there's been nothing in the media that Richmond actually suggested Collins be traded.

To those who suggest he's over-rated: he's been playing as a half-forward flanker when he's a natural centreman - and he did quite a job of it. He gives his all - and he has talent - his disposal is really good, and he won't take a backward step on that field.

Never trade away guys who bleed for your club.

Please let this not be true - if it is - I'll be incredibly upset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back