Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Collins is a tough footballer. He wouldn't fit in with the downhill skiers and fairies at Visy Park. The thought of him wearing a navy blue jersey makes me sick. I fear that he will catch the 'soft' football culture from the likes of Bryce Squibs, Kade Simpson and Carrazzo.

Doing this deal reminds me of te Wallace era which I thought was behind the club.

I am still a wrap for Grigg coz he's tough, but surely not Andy Collins.

How many times do u see any of the Carlton forwards get knocked out and come back to kick two winning goals, I'd say never.

Kick it to Jack is not happy

:confused:

Simpson plays with more heart and courage than anyone at the club, bar none. Watch his last quarter vs. Port this year to see how much he bleeds for the jumper. Watch his form in 2007 when every other player had thrown in the towel yet he was giving it his all.

Personally I do't know why Richmond would give up Collins for Grigg.

It seems the club though is searching for that speedy half back type player who can carry the ball and pump it long into attack. Grigg does fit that mould I guess.

If I was a Tiges fan I'd be thinking oh crap don't turn out to be another Jordie McMahon type scenario.

I had not realised Andy Collins was the second coming of Christ.

Simple fact players are commodities and the club is bigger than any single player.

If you believed in the direction the club was heading before this trade period and have now doubts; it raises the question about the fickleness of RFC supporters.

Apparently only Richmond thinks this is a good deal for us..... If this goes through, my confidence in the "new wave" Tigers coaching & player management panel will drop back down to the level it was at when Wally And Miller:thumbsdown:

Seriously Tigers? - What the **** are you thinking????

i have to ask what has craig cameron ever done anywhere to warrant unmitigated support.
i have also argued that jacksons record is nothing great either.

am i happy to have grigg you bet ya but i believe we should still have collins as well.

to me this has become a debate about 3 players collins grigg and houli and where and how you rate them.

clearly the club is chasing houli as well. clearly they rate grigg a better player than collins. they must also rate houli better. they must rate collins less than a third rounder as this is what they are prepared to give to essendon.

they must want houli bad because they clearly want to keep the psd pick to use on houli if talks break down.

out of houli grigg i would take grigg anyday i think grigg is a probable upgrade on collins atm as well. i ask collins or houli id take collins.

what should have happened is we give up on houli we give carlton pick 50 and keep collins. if cartlon dont like this we hold our nerve and take grigg in the psd.

Simple fact players are commodities and the club is bigger than any single player.

If you believed in the direction the club was heading before this trade period and have now doubts; it raises the question about the fickleness of RFC supporters.

Yes players are commodities...but if you honestly believe that Collins for Grigg is a fair swap of "commodities" then I hazard a guess to say that your ancestors at one point were happy with their handful of shiny beads.

We haven't made any stupid, pointless trades yet. If we're gonna start making them, of course people will have doubts about the direction we're headed.

to me this has become a debate about 3 players collins grigg and houli and where and how you rate them.

To me its not about that. I'm pretty happy to chase Grigg and Houli but there are certain players that just shouldn't be traded. It rips the soul out of your club.

We could be offered Buddy Franklin for Dustin Martin but I still wouldn't take it because to me there are a list of 'untouchables' and it doesn't matter who or what you are getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu:IT'S like this Thin Man, I wouldn't want this deal to go through ... a straight swap of players, no thanks.
Collins is marginally the better player, though I'm guessing Grigg may fulfill a greater need, according to the brainstrust.
But seriously, Andrew Collins .... THE most overhyped player on this board by the length of the Flemington straight!
The reaction to this ... you'd think we were offering up Jack, Lids or Cotch!!
Thanks to a vocal minority on here - and they're good blokes - Collins has a reputation far in excess whta he has actually showed on-field!!!
So, no ... Tigers don't do this deal, but lay off the elevating Collins to 'untouchable' and 'God-like' status!!!

Yes players are commodities...but if you honestly believe that Collins for Grigg is a fair swap of "commodities" then I hazard a guess to say that your ancestors at one point were happy with their handful of shiny beads.

i think grigg for collins a more than fair swap. what is wrong is we dont have to trade a promising player to get grigg.
i think the process that we are going thru wrong on this one.

it could well be that the psd pick has become important to us to use on a player
this will become even clearer if we cave in on the houli deal.

clearly the club is chasing houli as well. clearly they rate grigg a better player than collins. they must also rate houli better. they must rate collins less than a third rounder as this is what they are prepared to give to essendon.

This is getting out of hand, hopefully I'm not the only one who is buying into all this rumour shit. As soon as we hear a whisper that a trade might not go our way we assume its truth.

I can't see how from what we've heard you can say the club 'clearly rates grigg better than collins'. Look I could be proven wrong if Andy gets moved on but I'll see it out first.

Collins got knocked out and came back on and won us the game against Sydney earlier this year. Fair enough he cant live on that for the rest of his career but thats the type of tough footballer that we should be keeping.

And this is how shit starts too. Anybody at the footy club who is good mates with Andy Collins and finds out he was shafted by the club and traded against his will, then next year we'll get more blokes telling us they dont want to be here.

Sometimes its about maintaining the good environment and culture that we've established with these young blokes. Im happy that both Houli and Grigg are keen to come to Richmond but if we treat our young boys like this then nobody will want to come here.

Tell Carlton to get ****ed, offer them a deal and if they dont accept it, take Grigg in the pre-season draft.

If we are already committed to Houli, then stiff. :thumbsu:

i think grigg for collins a more than fair swap. what is wrong is we dont have to trade a promising player to get grigg.
i think the process that we are going thru wrong on this one.

it could well be that the psd pick has become important to us to use on a player
this will become even clearer if we cave in on the houli deal.

Houli is a PSD shoe in, anything more and we have been duped.

IMO, Collins is a player who has worked hard, earnt his spot and tried hard. Is it that much for him to be rewarded for that by not being a lamb to the slaughter for a vastly overrated Carlton player?
Why aren't we putting forth players like White?

the new culture of richmond that has been formed only this year will be broken if this trade falls through.

All I know is Bryce Gibbs sherks issues and Simpson runs around chasing easy ball. I have never seen Carrazzo win a hard contest either.

Andy Collins is built tough, something that is unteachable

:confused:I TIRE of this sort of talk. Man, I bleed yellow and black - anyone on here who personally knows me knows that - but I log on and read year after year how Gibbs is soft, Simpson unaccountable, Carrazza not damaging and Lids or Cotchin > Murphy and why Judd is slowing down and how our forward line is more potent ..... simply put, results do not back this up. Carlton have wiped the floor with us three straight seasons!!!

Maybe that's why the Grigg-Collins trade is being entertained by BOTH parties ... there is a realisation from clubs around the league that Collins and the like are above average, honest toilers in a 15TH placed team that improved enough this past season to move from 15th on the ladder to .... 15th. We overrate our talent in comparison to other clubs!!!

It was not lost on me that in the last three weeks of finals, St Kilda - particularly last week - and Geelong earlier were made to look rank by the Magpies and there were obvious deficiencies at both St Kilda and Geelong. But those teamns are that far advanced from us it ain't funny!!! I wish these uneducated jibes at other club's talent would cease and we were just left to consider our own!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back