Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought all the Collins love was TIC:eek:. Whilst he has shown some promise and courage he won't be that big a loss. The melodrama here is spectacular for a mid-sized forward who may never be good enough to play in the middle.

i think what is clear is while most would argue he has not delivered a great deal to this stage his potential reasonably well rounded is greater than many others on our list and his upside is still high.

hes well below ideal weight and core strength has a way to go. he was extremely skinny when we drafted him and he was always going to take time. we play him out of position because of this. hes a centreman who kicks goals.
he will be an infinately better player when he is given decent game time in the middle.

this plus the fact we actually have the upper hand in this trade. carlton have a player out of contract and leaving. we dont have to make this deal a 50/50 we just have to deal in good faith and give them something reasonable. pick 46 or 50 is reasonable.

lets see other than out right duds imo and it is only my opinion collins has more upside than webberley, nason, edwards, white, farmer, hislop who we are likely to rookie, nahas, and connors imo. we are giving away the wrong one.
to me hes a work in progress and based on potential i would rather give him the chance for another season and have him fail than trade him atm.

in saying this grigg may well be an upgrade but atm we are better off with both find a better way to get grigg.

Grigg could well get McMahon-like treatment from the fans if he costs us a favourite son and doesn't impress in his first season.

I assumed that was the case Danog - there's been nothing in the media that Richmond actually suggested Collins be traded.

To those who suggest he's over-rated: he's been playing as a half-forward flanker when he's a natural centreman - and he did quite a job of it. He gives his all - and he has talent - his disposal is really good, and he won't take a backward step on that field.

Never trade away guys who bleed for your club.

Please let this not be true - if it is - I'll be incredibly upset.
:thumbsu: what he said.....

http://twitter.com/emmasq

Emma Quayle Twitter...

"Collins to Carlton definitely not completed last night. Some minor details still being sorted out. It'll 99% happen though. Will check later "

If you read through her twitter, basically says that Carlton just needed to convince him of his future at the Blues.

Seems like its a done deal.

Collins will never be your flashy game breaking player (I'm aware that he has kicked some crucial goals for us last season). He will never run someone down, but he would run his guts out trying.

Collins has been a slow developer, but he has been a constant developer. I like to compare him with Watson from the bombers. Much maligned in his early days but his disposal kept him at the club. Now that watson has the strength and the tank to play AFL he has become the bombers best player.

I reckon Collins was on a similar path to Watson career wise. On the verge of a break out year.

Attitude is so important and Collins has the attitude to succeed.

This decision is a strange one. A great club man with the right attitude and the obvious ability to make it.

Grigg will be for ever compared to Collins. This could be a huge mistake for the club IMO.

Grigg will so easily become the next wipping boy out our club and will be under enormous pressure. I just hope he has the same attitude to succeed as Collins because he will need it.

I agree with most sentiments on the board about not getting rid of players with the right attitude.

I would not like to be Grigg when he walks through the doors of Punt road faced with the players missing their mate Collins.

I know we need to make tough decisions but this one doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Ridiculous move. A trade just for the sake of it.
Who gives a shit about Grigg?
Sure get him if he's cheap or via the PSD but why on earth would you give up Collins for him? Collins has huge potential. He's a smart, good front and centre, good overhead goalkicking HFF/Winger. Absolutely full of courage and really hasn't done anything wrong in his first 25 games.

http://twitter.com/emmasq

Emma Quayle Twitter...

"Collins to Carlton definitely not completed last night. Some minor details still being sorted out. It'll 99% happen though. Will check later "

If you read through her twitter, basically says that Carlton just needed to convince him of his future at the Blues.

Seems like its a done deal.
So how would Carlton convince him of that???? Do tell.....

Not happy about this, I'd much rather keep Andy Collins.

Good ordinary Midfielders (Grigg) are a dime a dozen.

A medium sized forward with a bit of football nouse and a bit of X factor (Collins) are gold and should be kept.

Don't trade Collins.

Collins sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders, and is a team-first kind of bloke.

On that basis alone, Carlton wins this trade (assuming it's a straight player-for-player).

Nason is a similar player with a much bigger engine. So is webberley. Taylor will be our miss-match forward. Just to name a few.
That's a reasonable way of looking at it. Collins is more talented than Nason or Webberley though.

Collins swap for Grigg and upgrading a second round to a first round I could swallow.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit and put some faith in the club to get this deal done and done right.
Easier said than done given our history, but I agree.

We don't need a Ruckman yet, sure long term maybe but with Vickery and Graham, we are not barren. I can live without another Ruckman next year!!

Can't see the point in chasing Jacobs really!
Jacobs would be our number one ruckman. Gus can't manage more than 15 games a year and Vickery is likely to be played up forward. If we get Jacobs in the PSD we will be able to cash in one of he or Gus for a very nice pick when Vickery and Browne mature.

If we are going to trade a player then trade Nahas or Polo. Collins is not worth it for Grigg.

The best and fair result for all would be a three way trade. Thursfield to Freo, Pick 38 to Carlton and Grigg to us.
That would be fair except Freo won't come to the party. No one will trade for Nahas and Polo when they know we're going to delist them.

Collins is a dud, what is with all the love here? Collins is becoming cotchin threads? What the hell? He hardly hits targets. Too light. Doesn't tackle. Slow. People are hanging their hat on ONE game, the Sydney game. That is pretty much what he has for his career, that is the highlight. No good at all, we are the clear winner in this deal take it and run, we didn't trade any picks thank god. If he goes to Carlton good luck to him, hope he plays good football for them.
Collins is far from a dud and astute judges were wrapping him up at least a year before the Sydney game. Averaged 3.7 tackles a game this year - not bad for a bloke who doesn't tackle. What's Grigg's highlight?

I think this post shows I'm pretty torn over this. I don't want to lose Collins but if we effectively get Grigg, Houli and Jacobs for Collo and a 3rd rounder it's probably a win. But I am worried about the team spirit side of things. Very popular bloke Andy. Has that real dry country boy humour. Gotta be careful ****ing with team chemistry.

Andy Collins is a tough footballer. He wouldn't fit in with the downhill skiers and fairies at Visy Park. The thought of him wearing a navy blue jersey makes me sick. I fear that he will catch the 'soft' football culture from the likes of Bryce Squibs, Kade Simpson and Carrazzo.

Doing this deal reminds me of te Wallace era which I thought was behind the club.

I am still a wrap for Grigg coz he's tough, but surely not Andy Collins.

How many times do u see any of the Carlton forwards get knocked out and come back to kick two winning goals, I'd say never.

Kick it to Jack is not happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more convinced now that we are tied to taking Houli in the PSD due to a heads of agreement type contract. Meaning if we want to get Grigg then we have to trade with Carlton.

Hopefully the info on Collins is coming out of Carlton which would suggest it's biased towards him going. Giving up a promising youngster like AC is just like handing over a top 30 draft pick, which we have said we won't do. Pointless trade even if Grigg were still contracted, let alone that he is not.

F*ck this, I'm writing a letter to the club if this goes through.

Our club has underrated Collins since the day he arrived.

think its too late for that jstone....

Seems like the deal is as good as done......

Been litening on Trade talk radio, and they seem to think it will be announced shortly.

From Afl.com.au

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103967/default.aspx

Trade winds: Collins in Blue mix

Collins could be heading from Richmond to Carlton

Trade winds: Collins in Blue mix[/URL]
Sat, Oct 09, 10
RICHMOND may have found a way to secure Carlton midfielder Shaun Grigg, with Tigers forward Andrew Collins emerging as trade bait as the exchange period moves into the weekend.
The Age reports that Carlton is seeking a player in exchange for Grigg, who has expressed his desire to join the Tigers, and the Blues are understood to be interested in Collins.
The 21-year-old Tiger played 15 games this season for a career total of 25 since being recruited with pick No.73 in the 2006 NAB AFL Draft.
Meanwhile, the Tigers' hopes of landing Essendon midfielder Bachar Houli have hit a snag, with the Bombers insisting on a second-round draft pick in exchange for the 22-year-old, according to The Age.
Houli definitely won't be at the Bombers next year, with his manager confirming he will enter the national or pre-season draft if a trade to Richmond can't be arranged.
The Tigers have offered their third-round selection.
Fremantle faces a similar scenario with full-back Chris Tarrant, who has indicated he will retire if a trade to former club Collingwood can't happen.
The Dockers have asked for the Magpies' first live pick in the draft, No.43, according to The Age, while Collingwood's third-round compensation pick for Josh Fraser may also become involved in the deal.
The Age also reports that Fremantle is likely to use pick 61 to recruit Adelaide ruckman Jon Griffin, who is keen to return to his native WA.
The Dockers exchanged their third round pick (No.55 overall) for VFL defender Peter Faulks, who was pre-listed by Gold Coast, and the Suns' fourth-round selection (61).
The Herald Sun has looked ahead to the 2011 trade window, with gun North Melbourne midfielder Andrew Swallow reportedly in the sights of Greater Western Sydney, which will be in a position to offer the 23-year-old $900,000 a year.
Fremantle midfielder Rhys Palmer and Brisbane Lions ruckman Mitch Clark are also reportedly in GWS's sights.
Meanwhile, Geelong football manager Neil Balme has blamed the delay in Gary Ablett's decision to leave for the club's fruitless trade week so far.
However, the Cats traded Nathan Djerrkura to the Western Bulldogs on Friday and may see other players depart. Ryan Gamble, who is uncontracted along with Trent West and David Wojcinski, has asked for a new home, according to The Age.
Gamble has played just 24 games in five seasons with the Cats.

this is an absolute joke, collins is a footballer, grigg is not.

andy can hit a target, grigg can not.

andy has a footballers brain, grigg does not.

why would we trade a bloke that actually has football smarts, for a guy that cant hit a target to save his life, it just doesnt make sense.

im not going to a game all of next season if this trade goes through.

Apparently only Richmond thinks this is a good deal for us..... If this goes through, my confidence in the "new wave" Tigers coaching & player management panel will drop back down to the level it was at when Wally And Miller:thumbsdown:

Seriously Tigers? - What the **** are you thinking????

Andy Collins is a tough footballer. He wouldn't fit in with the downhill skiers and fairies at Visy Park. The thought of him wearing a navy blue jersey makes me sick. I fear that he will catch the 'soft' football culture from the likes of Bryce Squibs, Kade Simpson and Carrazzo.

Doing this deal reminds me of te Wallace era which I thought was behind the club.

I am still a wrap for Grigg coz he's tough, but surely not Andy Collins.

How many times do u see any of the Carlton forwards get knocked out and come back to kick two winning goals, I'd say never.

Kick it to Jack is not happy

In 2010, the only player to get more tackles then Simpson at Richmond was Tuck. And the only players at RFC to top Carrazzo and Gibbs in tackles were Tuck and Jackson.

So good one!

Btw, thanks for Collins, haven't heard to much of the guy but sounds like he has better character and footballing ability than Grigg the unskilled money chaser. If you're looking to build good club culture Grigg will not be doing you any favours.

OMG not andy Collins.....without him we will need to buy an actual towel rail.

I propose a rostered 24/7 suicide watch of Rusty Trombone....mainly for lulz.

suicide-watch-tshirt.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back