Review Opening Round vs Richmond @ Heritage Bank Stadium - 9th March 2024 - 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

The RICHmond fans have been such ingrates towards Dimma in the bile they say about him on social media.

And of course we will be shockingly outnumbered in the stands.

Our blokes after those really insipid trial games better bloody well man up with effort or it’s really going to suck being at the game at Fulltime dealing with that inflated pack of numb nuts.

We’ve gotta win this.
And before I am misquoted…..”This IS NOT a Mini GF”.

It’s more a case of don’t let down your new coach, get around the guy with effort.

B: Sean Lemmens, Sam Collins, Connor Budarick
HB: Wil Powell, Charlie Ballard, Alex Sexton
C: Brandon Ellis, Noah Anderson, Brayden Fiorini
HF: Ben Ainsworth, Jack Lukosius, Bailey Humphrey
F: Nick Holman, Ben King, Tom Berry
Foll: Jarrod Witts, Matt Rowell, Touk Miller
I/C: Mac Andrew, Sam Flanders, David Swallow, Darcy Macpherson, Levi Casboult
EMERG: Bodhi Uwland, Joel Jeffrey, Sam Clohesy

NEW: Nil
UNAVAILABLE: James Tsitas (suspension), Malcolm Rosas Jnr (quad), Jed Walter (collarbone), Lachie Weller (knee)

NOTES: Damien Hardwick is far from settling on his best team to play Richmond next Saturday after his Suns were soundly beaten by Greater Western Sydney in their most recent pre-season game. Budarick has earned his spot in defence, doing enough to edge Uwland, while Berry might have done enough at the other end of the ground as a small pressure forward alongside Holman and Macpherson. Andrew has proven himself in defence but played inside the forward 50 against the Giants and could be deployed at either end. - Michael Whiting

We just aren't going to improve till people go past the MacPhersons, Fiorinis, Sextons, Holman's and Ellis's of the world.
Couldn't have said it better - just can't understand why they still get games when better and younger players are languishing underneath. I'd add Lemmens to the mix as well which gives us 6 and that's about the 20% Dimma keeps talking about. I'll be there but not expecting any major reveals or game plan on display. Mac Andrew MUST show some improvement instead of moving him all over the ground and Ainsworth also under the pump. Richmond would be quite confident of upsetting the pre season pundits.

We just aren't going to improve till people go past the MacPhersons, Fiorinis, Sextons, Holman's and Ellis's of the world.
On a positive note if we get rolled by Richmond - expect some heads to roll and the new improved version of the Suns given a go. Hopefully names like Walter, Clohesy, Faulkhead, Rogers, Reid, Uwland, Graham, Jeffery and don't forget Rosas will be a major improvement. I'd even donate towards an Alex Rance Go Fund Me to get him in the squad as well. Surely people are considering - given how woeful our defensive lines are.

Alex Rance is 34 years old and hasn't played AFL in 5 years. He is not going to play for us, people need to stop being delusional on that front.

Who’s that ex player? No lynch return this week. I reckon us to win this weekend.
Bit of a soft start to the season for our key backs with Lynch missing in opening round and Thilthorpe missing in round 1. Should help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast List Preview 2024: Small Defenders

Continuing my look at the list with the Small Defenders

Intro - This is where figuring out the roles for the season may be trickiest. With Weller out for a good chunk of the season, Wil Powell feels like the only guaranteed starter. It’s also one of the positions most affected by the change in game style. The Suns will be moving the ball much faster out of defence and will need to generate much more run and carry. Not to mention the usual defensive duties which will change with I assume a noticeably different zone. To start the year it looks like Sexton is going to get a chance early and Connor Budarick has looked ready to go in the preseason games but I can’t pick a player who will rotate in off the interchange. Here is a run through of pretty much all the options, there are some other names that will come up later.

Dusty came up for a tour and respectfully chose to sit out against his future employers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back