Review Opening Round vs Richmond @ Heritage Bank Stadium - 9th March 2024 - 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too bad.
Like seeing Uwland given first crack in the lockdown role. Lemmens just got far too torched by Cameron/Greene. Although feels like we are throwing him to the wolves a bit while the rest of the defence fail to sort their sh*t out. Looks like a quick rebounding group at least. In fact, we look pretty fast across the ground besides the wing, which could well be the slowest pairing in VFL/AFL history.

Forward line looks more dangerous with Ainsworth/Rosas/Berry and big Levi making an impact.

Only surprise is no Mac, but much more settled team than I was preparing for.

A few spots still up for someone to lock down and so far it seems like Dimma genuinely will reward game performances if they deserve it.

Not too bad.
Like seeing Uwland given first crack in the lockdown role. Lemmens just got far too torched by Cameron/Greene. Although feels like we are throwing him to the wolves a bit while the rest of the defence fail to sort their sh*t out. Looks like a quick rebounding group at least. In fact, we look pretty fast across the ground besides the wing, which could well be the slowest pairing in VFL/AFL history.

Forward line looks more dangerous with Ainsworth/Rosas/Berry and big Levi making an impact.

A few spots still up for someone to lock down and so far it seems like Dimma genuinely will reward game performances if they deserve it.
Looking better - Ellis, Fiorini will be under watch while McPherson seems to be a last gasp. I'd just love to have a stronger defence - still looks very brittle without one more strong Key Defender. With Walter, Graham, Rogers, Jeffery, Clohesy, Faulkead and Mac Graham knocking on the doors - we will get better as the year unfolds. Addendum: Ned Moyle also will get his chance.

Not too bad.

Rosas and Berry are starting to appeal more and more - puts pressure on Ainsworth and Holman to either get more of the ball or move aside. We definitely are not short of forwards for once. Rogers if he can get fit will stir things up as well. Flanders and Humphrey roaming in and out will strengthen the attack. Concerned for Dave Swallow - the window is closing on a great career. They all need to do it for him if nothing else.

Feel like not playing mac is a big step backwards, was really growing as a player last year. Seems they are a bit worried about the tigers smalls and not so much the talls. Just can't see what swallow adds in the backline.
Happy with rosas and berry, they add speed and rosas a goalkicker/ x factor. Our pre season form a worry but this is so winnable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we have never had an older and more experienced line-up.

age 26yr 0mth games 102.2

Tigers age 26yr 3mth games 93.7

Rowelly looking a lot fitter this year, looks good apart from the grooming. I’m hoping the 2020 rounds 2 to 4 Matt Rowell shows up again. We will win by 100.

Rowelly looking a lot fitter this year, looks good apart from the grooming. I’m hoping the 2020 rounds 2 to 4 Matt Rowell shows up again. We will win by 100.

Loving the grizzly bear look!

I think good to hear from Dimma that Mac is definitely defender right now. Just wondering what about Read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back