Preview Our best 22 for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy would be a chance IMO for the sub role. Gysberts and Jacobs (if we land him) will need to earn their stripes in the VFL.

The Cam's and Greenwood are others in the mix.

EDIT - and Mullett.

Yeah that's pretty close I would have thought.

Gysberts for McKenzie - depending on their pre-seasons.

Anthony and Gibson the next to go from that team.

Adams' shoulders the only thing stopping him. I'd swap Cunnington with Adams, Gysberts with McKenzie, on the proviso that Gysberts takes to North like a duck to water.

If we take Kennedy I'd almost throw him in the deep end for the first six weeks while Boomer is out.

If Adams' shoulders stand up, then he's in. If not, he's out & B Kennedy (Pick 15) is in.

the AFL.com list is a bit flawed I reckon.. if you rotate a bit and put Cunnington as a follower, Wright on the bench (to be played down back) and Adams on the HFF then the list starts to look exactly like the Elimination Final just with Adams in for Harvey and McKenzie as the sub over Campbell

The sub could go to anyone really, bit hard to predict whose going to have the biggest pre-season

hopefully we choose more of an impact player over McKenzie, but we don't really have one of those as depth anymore

if we draft Kennedy/Simpson/Garlett they'd make a great sub

Based purely on what we've seen, I think the best 22 is pretty straight forward. Of course, preseason may change everything.

Atley Thompson Firrito
McMahon Grima Wright
Bastinac Cunnington Wells
Adams Hansen Harper
Thomas Petrie Tarrant
Goldstein Swallow Ziebell
MacMillan Gibson Anthony Mullett

Harvey suspended, obviously.

Bolded are locks. Harps and JMac maybe don't deserve to be locks, but they are.

Hansen and Tarrant have Daw and maybe even Black breathing down their necks.

Gibson, Anthony and Mullett definitely aren't safe. Pick 15, Greenwood, Gysberts, McKenzie, Richo and possibly Jacobs are all a chance for round 1. Shit even our man Sierakowski's a chance.

I'm a fan of both Kennedy and Spare Keys but I don't see where they can fit in while the 3 key backs are fit.

Gysberts, Kennedy (Ayden), and pick 15 will push for selection over the pre-season.

As an aside, does that Collingwood side look a whole lot less dominant on paper than what it used to, to anyone else?

A midfield of Jolly, Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Ball, Thomas and Sidebottom still scares the crap out of me. Not to mention Blair, Young and Didak who are decent as well.

A slightly different view:

Atley Thompson Grima
McMahon Hansen Wright
Wells Cunnington Anthony
Thomas Tarrant Adams
Daw Petrie Harper
Goldstein Zeibell Swallow

I/c Bastinac Gibson Firrito
Sub: Mullet
Em: McMillan Gysberts McKenzie

No doubt I'll be shouted down, but I think that team would do well against the Pies.

McMahon L.Delaney Thompson
Mullet Grima Firrito
Atley Ziebell Wells
Wright Petrie Harper
Tarrant Hansen Thomas

Goldstein Swallow Cunnington

Adams Bastinac MacMillan Greenwood/Gibson/Anthony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McMahon L.Delaney Thompson
Mullet Grima Firrito
Atley Ziebell Wells
Wright Petrie Harper
Tarrant Hansen Thomas

Goldstein Swallow Cunnington

Adams Bastinac MacMillan Greenwood/Gibson/Anthony

That's What I reckon as well.

Would really like to see Delaney given 10 rounds to prove himself. I don't want to be relying on Grima to take the gorillas. I think we are a better side when Thompson can play an attacking role

B: Michael Firrito, Nathan Grima, Scott McMahon
HB: Shaun Atley, Scott Thompson, Sam Wright
C: Ryan Bastinac, Andrew Swallow, Sam Gibson
HF: Kieran Harper, Robbie Tarrant, Leigh Adams
F: Lindsay Thomas, Drew Petrie, Lachie Hansen
R: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Daniel Wells
I: Ben Cunnington, Jamie Macmillan, Liam Anthony, Aaron Mullett

Our best 22 for Round 1 2013 according to AFL.com.au. Thoughts? Any other players you think could push into the side? Maybe Gysberts instead of McKenzie?

View attachment 6564
I am wondering wouldn't it be to big a forward line in Tarrant, Petrie & Hansen what do people think? Have Tarrant in the back line as it would give us a bit of height and help Thompson out against Lynch and in the forward line have Gibson as a smaller forward and put Attley on the interchange bench to come on for fresh legs. I think Tarrent is a better backmen as I think he reads the play better in the backline more then the forward line. That is only my opinion.

That's What I reckon as well.

Would really like to see Delaney given 10 rounds to prove himself. I don't want to be relying on Grima to take the gorillas. I think we are a better side when Thompson can play an attacking role
I agree, sometimes players need a bit of time to prove themselves but, 10 games is a lot to prove yourself!! If his first 5 are duds, should he still get the next 5?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Our best 22 for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back