Outstanding individual performance's for 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

From memory....

Judd, Round 4 vs Melbourne: 26 touches, 5 tackles, 3 goals. His clearence work was outstanding.

Murphy, Round 11 vs Port. 33 disposals, 5 tackles, 9 inside 50s. He was the only player to play well all 4 quarters. He never gave up.

Jamison, Round 8 vs Brisbane. Kept Bradshaw completely goaless when Brisbane's F50 was being flooded with deliveries (18.17.125 kicked against us). Unfortunately he sustained a shoulder injury in the 4th and was taken off the ground.

Stevens, Round 14 vs. Richmond. 26 disposals, 10 tackles, 7 inside 50s. Stevo actually got his own ball!

Stevens, Round 21 vs Brisbane. 35 disposals, 11 marks, 12 inside 50s, 1 goal. The ULTIMATE outside midfielders game.

me and a few mates went to melb for a footy weekend this year. just so happened to be easily the best weekend for it all season. saw geeleong vs roos on friday night wen ablett was amazing and the roos nearly won petrie was also incredible. the next day we saw the crows flog richmond wen thompson kicked 6 and then that night saw buddy kick 9 against essendon couldnt have asked for a better weekend of footy. saw 3 dominant performances

And if Buddy could kick straight it might have been 6 or 7 goals, Buddy beat himself, not Bock

A lot of Buddy's shots on goal though were from tighter angles, hence why he missed so many. Bock's defensive effort's, and the whole back line's, to push him wide paid off :thumbsu:

And if Buddy could kick straight it might have been 6 or 7 goals, Buddy beat himself, not Bock

It wasn't his usual crap kicking, it was a bunch of very selfish low percentage shots from the tight angles Bock forced him into. The rest of Franklin's stats were only made passable when he was thrown into the midfield in the last quarter, otherwise he was well beaten.

Had Pav not hit the post, the Dockers probably would have made the finals. I think losing that Geelong match after playing out of our skins zapped our confidence for the rest of the season.

Watch out next year, that's all I've got to say!

You're kidding yeah? You were 6 games and percentage out of the 8. If Pav hadn't hit the post the Dockers probably would've won that game, that's all. I think professional players getting their 'confidence' zapped after not playing well enough to win a game is a poor excuse for winning 6 games out of 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't his usual crap kicking, it was a bunch of very selfish low percentage shots from the tight angles Bock forced him into. The rest of Franklin's stats were only made passable when he was thrown into the midfield in the last quarter, otherwise he was well beaten.

80% of franklins goals would be from "tight angles" as would 80% of his behinds. It is what makes him so much more dangerous then your average forward. not only does he have great agility etc, but he mainly leads on tight angles. Franklin still had a ridiculous match disposal wise.

also watch that match again, hawks were buddy-centric, but the crows were zoning off like wildfire, a few contests there was 7 players on franklin (much to my disgust, hawks always only have one target vs the crows, have since the 90's). was hardly a great individual display by bock.

80% of franklins goals would be from "tight angles" as would 80% of his behinds. It is what makes him so much more dangerous then your average forward. not only does he have great agility etc, but he mainly leads on tight angles. Franklin still had a ridiculous match disposal wise.

also watch that match again, hawks were buddy-centric, but the crows were zoning off like wildfire, a few contests there was 7 players on franklin (much to my disgust, hawks always only have one target vs the crows, have since the 90's). was hardly a great individual display by bock.
I remember that game well. Bock absolutely murdered Franklin in the air and kept him very quiet around the ground. On top of that he was the leading possession getter on ground (rare for a KPP) with 35 disposals and 16 marks. Absolutely killed it and the Crows were only really in it cause of him, outstanding individual effort

Also is it just me or do Hawks fans have a problem admitting when Buddy is beaten? He is bloody good but no ones invincible guys.

I remember that game well. Bock absolutely murdered Franklin in the air and kept him very quiet around the ground. On top of that he was the leading possession getter on ground (rare for a KPP) with 35 disposals and 16 marks. Absolutely killed it and the Crows were only really in it cause of him, outstanding individual effort

Also is it just me or do Hawks fans have a problem admitting when Buddy is beaten? He is bloody good but no ones invincible guys.

Since when is letting a forward have 8 shots on goal an absolute murdering?

Add to that, Buddy had 21 possesions as a full forward. How many full forwards do that? He also had 2 goal assists.

Granted, Buddy should have kicked straight and forced Bock to be more defensive and less attacking, but geezus, if Croady was letting his opponent have that many shots, seting up a couple and getting 20+ possies I wouldn't be saying he thrashed his opponent!

Since when is letting a forward have 8 shots on goal an absolute murdering?
I remember that game well. Bock absolutely murdered Franklin in the air
16 marks to 2 mate, not to mention the absolute shitload of spoils Bock had. Buddy did a bit better on the ground but still only managed a handful of rushed shots from the half forward boundary
Add to that, Buddy had 21 possesions as a full forward. How many full forwards do that? He also had 2 goal assists.
I would love to see his 3/4 time stats. Was getting so badly beaten by Bock Clarkson chucked in the middle so he could get a kick
Granted, Buddy should have kicked straight and forced Bock to be more defensive and less attacking, but geezus, if Croady was letting his opponent have that many shots, seting up a couple and getting 20+ possies I wouldn't be saying he thrashed his opponent!
Buddy = 0 influence on the match. None, why? Bock. It's that simple

As for your post as a whole:
Seriously, you guys have a problem. Watch this: 'Nick Riewoldt got thrashed by Harry Taylor in the QF'. I'll do it again 'Dale Morris wore Nick Riewoldt like a cheap suit' see it's actually pretty easy, forget over-analysing the stats, go back, watch the game and enjoy watching the games best CHB putting in an outstanding individual performance on the games best forward.

1\

Buddy = 0 influence on the match. None, why? Bock. It's that simple
Many have said that Buddy's drive in the last quarter was a big part in us winning the game. How is that a zero influence on the match?
\
Seriously, you guys have a problem. Watch this: 'Nick Riewoldt got thrashed by Harry Taylor in the QF'. I'll do it again 'Dale Morris wore Nick Riewoldt like a cheap suit' see it's actually pretty easy, forget over-analysing the stats, go back, watch the game and enjoy watching the games best CHB putting in an outstanding individual performance on the games best forward.
The problem is that Buddy is a victim of his good performances. Unless he kicks 5+ people claim he was owned. **** me it wasn't Bock on his own anyway - we played painfully predictably to Buddy and it's not like he was one-on-one with Bock? Bock got a stack of CHEAP possessions on top of the quality defensive efforts he did make. High possesion does not always equal high impact.

Many have said that Buddy's drive in the last quarter was a big part in us winning the game. How is that a zero influence on the match?
\

The problem is that Buddy is a victim of his good performances. Unless he kicks 5+ people claim he was owned. **** me it wasn't Bock on his own anyway - we played painfully predictably to Buddy and it's not like he was one-on-one with Bock? Bock got a stack of CHEAP possessions on top of the quality defensive efforts he did make. High possesion does not always equal high impact.
My memory isn't crystal but I'm pretty sure no one said that about Franklin, maybe a handful of one-eyed Hawks supporters. Hodge won you that game.

But meh no point in arguing the point, it would seem that Buddy is in fact invincible and I just dreamt that Bock, Max and Scarlo beat him :(

Haha, your not wrong. :thumbsu:

Although I think it's thier attitude in general. Make one little comment about their players, and watch the whole bandwagon come flooding in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding individual performance's for 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back