Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Jokic isn't just a star. He's the best player in the World. Then you add in at least two others that are better NBA players than our best player. They are a much better team than ours.
Not sure how closely the other poster you are debating follows things, Jokic is an absolute powerhouse and as you say best in the world with 3 MVPs out of the last 4 (and must have been VERY close losing it to Embiid in 2023)

As you said we are in transition with Ingles well past it, Patty on last legs (but incredible game overall the other night), a few marginal NBA players (Delly, Exum, Landale) and a number of NBL players even. A potential future star in Giddey - but his own team just traded him out after being pick 6 only 3 years ago) and Daniels is never going to be a star scorer - just an excellent stopper. Simmons a lost cause and never really played for the national team anyway IIRC.

Their team is much better - no question

Pretty damned stoked to be at the Stade de France tonight to witness Nina Kennedy win gold and Matt Denny bronze! Saw Duplantis break his world record in the pole vault the other evening too in what was perhaps the most incredible sporting moment I’ve ever witnessed… and I was at the 1997 Prelim so that’s saying something!!!

Pretty damned stoked to be at the Stade de France tonight to witness Nina Kennedy win gold and Matt Denny bronze! Saw Duplantis break his world record in the pole vault the other evening too in what was perhaps the most incredible sporting moment I’ve ever witnessed… and I was at the 1997 Prelim so that’s saying something!!!
That would have been incredible to be there for that

Mondo seems to have basically Bob Beamoned that event. He's getting to Ledecky 1500m levels.

18 gold, 12 silver, 11 bronze. thats an incredible haul!
Australia absolutely smashing it.
The only countries in front of us have populations of 330 million and 1.4 billion.
California has more people than all of Australia (39 million to 26 million).

What we do on the sporting field is absolutely bonkers.

Australia absolutely smashing it.
The only countries in front of us have populations of 330 million and 1.4 billion.
California has more people than all of Australia (39 million to 26 million).

What we do on the sporting field is absolutely bonkers.
And lots of our best athletes play netball, AFL, rugby union or cricket

I know the USA can say similar with non-Olympic sports dominating participation but anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain how pole vault works.
Surely if mondo had a pole 20cm longer he could go higher?
At what point can you go to a longer pole?
Surely back in the days when the record was low 5m the poles were shorter?
There's an explanation here:

Can someone explain how pole vault works.
Surely if mondo had a pole 20cm longer he could go higher?
At what point can you go to a longer pole?
Surely back in the days when the record was low 5m the poles were shorter?
What have you got against the Poles I'm sure they are happy being the size they are. ;)

There's an explanation here:

Seems like a sport that could benefit significantly from cutting edge material science for the pole itself

A silver medal to Aus in a photo finish in men's K4. Another 5-10 meters and it would have been gold. :(
Just left their charge a bit too late. A hell of a race in any case.

A silver medal to Aus in a photo finish in men's K4. Another 5-10 meters and it would have been gold. :(
Geez that was a bee's d.

Awesome effort to come at the champion Germans & unlucky.

So today is Silver day after yesterday was Gold day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back