Patrick Dangerfield - potential GOAT?

Could Patrick Dangerfield become the greatest player of all time?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett would of won the Gary Ayer’s medal in 2007 2008 2009 and 2010.

Martins never had 30 possesions in a final!
Ablett had 8 games.

Ablett has never kicked more than 2 goals in a final. Meanwhile Dusty has kicked a bag of 6 and multiple bags of 4 all whilst playing 50% forward.

In premiership years Dusty got 8/10 BOGs. So GAJ can take a seat he isn’t even close and got beaten by Hodge (a defender) in his best final.

8 All Australians
Premiership Medal
Gary Ayer’s Medal
Brownlow Medal
Aflmvp
Most Brownlow votes of all time (potentially)

Can’t do much more than that.

It’s impressive no doubt. But Martin has proven you can do more than that when it matters most.

GAJ got force fed possessions at GC and you call it greatness. It’s actually disturbing.
You know deep down G. Ablett Jnr will be getting legend status before/if future Gold Coast Sun Dustie ever does. You can make as many posts, as many new accounts as you want - it's happening and you're completely powerless to stop it. :sneaky:

You know deep down G. Ablett Jnr will be getting legend status before/if future Gold Coast Sun Dustie ever does. You can make as many posts, as many new accounts as you want - it's happening and you're completely powerless to stop it. :sneaky:

He will as he retired earlier. Both will be legends and you will have a meltdown because the Dusty talk will ramp up to levels never seen before. Enjoy.

Do you ever consider anyone other than Geelong players? There are many fine players in other sides in case you haven’t noticed.
This is a thread about ...a Geelong player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you ever consider anyone other than Geelong players? There are many fine players in other sides in case you haven’t noticed.
Very ironic considering it is the Martin adorers from your contingent that constantly degrade, belittle and diminish other champions - past and present - to place Dusty on top.

Matthews is the one player I haven't seen them really do it with. Nobody else has been spared. And no I'm not talking about you specifically, but there are at least 10 on the main board who do it fairly frequently.

Geelong made him into a great player and it’s good that he’s played more games for them now.
But when he was at Adelaide there where a lot not more of his 30 Mtr sprints and burning his teammates.
A lot more of the “I’ll do it all myself” but not actually making his team better.

Generational talent and a great but not a better player than Buddy, GAJ or Senior

Ablett has never kicked more than 2 goals in a final. Meanwhile Dusty has kicked a bag of 6 and multiple bags of 4 all whilst playing 50% forward.

In premiership years Dusty got 8/10 BOGs. So GAJ can take a seat he isn’t even close and got beaten by Hodge (a defender) in his best final.
He has kicked 3 in a final actually. Also 20 and multiple goals is rookie 30 and multiple is only for champions. Back to the kids pool dusty.

If it’s a stat peddling mercenary is what you want then yep Gary is in a league of his own that is for sure
Oddly enough Ablett Jr v Martin disposal wise is very close 24.9 - 24.4 considering Ablett Jr got a lot more cheapy one-twos in he's career.

Very ironic considering it is the Martin adorers from your contingent that constantly degrade, belittle and diminish other champions - past and present - to place Dusty on top.

Matthews is the one player I haven't seen them really do it with. Nobody else has been spared. And no I'm not talking about you specifically, but there are at least 10 on the main board who do it fairly frequently.

“Degrade”

Yet calls Dusty a downhill skier. 🙄

Dangerfield has 8 All Australians but only 4 best and fairest his years at Adelaide and Geelong
2011-5th (21 yrs old)
2012-2nd
2013-3rd
2014-3rd
2015- 1st
Geelong
2016- 1st
2017- 1st
2018- 2nd
2019- 1st
2020- 4th

Yep he is on target for sure , just needs to play another 300 games and he will be able to do probably half of what dusty has done in two careers 👍
Dangerfield has Martin covered for Brownlow votes and All Australians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield - potential GOAT?

Back