Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But the talk early on in this thread is that hes the best player in comp and could be the GOAT??

Both those Sydney boys are in front of him at the moment.
Warner been non existant for the last few months after his bye. Except for this game of course, Gulden been far better. Nick slowing down, tired from carrying these bunch of role player fill in spuds with no help.

But the talk early on in this thread is that hes the best player in comp and could be the GOAT??

Both those Sydney boys are in front of him at the moment.

Not sure anyone has said he's the current no.1 player in the game.
He has the potential to become an all time great but it's nonsensical to have him rated at the top. Bontempelli has been phenomenal for a number of seasons.
Toby Greene, Petracca and quite few others been brilliant for a while.

He has the potential to become an all time great but it's nonsensical to have him rated at the top. Bontempelli has been phenomenal for a number of seasons.

Mate, theres literally hundreds of people saying that.

He has been down recent weeks and again tonight. Just going. Still putting the whole of the last 2 seasons together he is arguably as good as anyone in that time. Obviously not the best player in the game as he hasn't been there long enough but best or near best over the 2 seasons after his debut is fairly stunning.

He has been down recent weeks and again tonight. Just going. Still putting the whole of the last 2 seasons together he is arguably as good as anyone in that time. Obviously not the best player in the game as he hasn't been there long enough but best or near best over the 2 seasons after his debut is fairly stunning.

I agree.
I wonder why he doesn't use his left foot more often because he has shown on many times, to be an excellent user. If he can do what Sidebottom does, really work on that in the off season, as well as try and become as explosive as humanly possible, he has another gear to rise upto yet.

Indeed there are.

Time for those of you who aren't to get a grip on reality.
Why does Goatie seem to go missing every time the pressure ramps up and contested ball beasts start firing? Just seems to skirt around waiting for ball to come to him while Heeney, Cripps, Bontempelli etc go to work and get the thing ??

Why does Goatie seem to go missing every time the pressure ramps up and contested ball beasts start firing? Just seems to skirt around waiting for ball to come to him while Heeney, Cripps, Bontempelli etc go to work and get the thing ??
Go watch the last 5 minutes of the 2023 Grand Final and come back to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise we have won 18 games by under 6 points since Macraes start to his tenure.

We must have some players who “go to work and get the thing”

The way you said it implied they were. Also both Warner and Heeney did outdo Daicos, in fact they outdid him very very comfortably. Daicos was not even in the top 5 for Collingwood players.
There was no implication there at all, hence the reason I used the term 'outdo', as you have just used.

Oh my.

And there's absolutely no arguments from me on your comment.

Third year player, after trying to carry his team all year (being his team's best player in two thirds of all games played), has a game where he's not in his team's best 5 players whilst copping his regular heavy tag. (Though I notice he's listed 4th in Collingwood's best on AFL.COM.AU).

There was no implication there at all, hence the reason I used the term 'outdo', as you have just used.

Oh my.

And there's absolutely no arguments from me on your comment.

Third year player, after trying to carry his team all year (being his team's best player in two thirds of all games played), has a game where he's not in his team's best 5 players whilst copping his regular heavy tag. (Though I notice he's listed 4th in Collingwood's best on AFL.COM.AU).

Poor goatie, having to deal with this new phenomenon called "The Tag"

Ablett Jr is the same height. Not even close. Gary’s best was freakish, best ever. All whilst having the opposition’s best and second best trying to tag or push him around.

Ablett jnr played when tagging was not in vogue, he copped them irregularly.

Buckley often refused to do it when coaching against him much to the fans chargrin.

Also Ablett Jnr at Nicks age was a struggling for consistency small fwd pocket.

Looking just at the last two years, he is up there but there is one man that stands alone at the top. His name is the Bont.

It's just not talked about as much because everyone expects that consistent level from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back