Injury Petterd out for season - updated with Round 21 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/144460/default.aspx

Succumbed to a "nagging achilles injury".

Hoping this is a big part of the reason why we haven't seen him at his best this year.

Round 21 injury list

James Frawley (quad) - test
Stef Martin (foot) - test
Jack Watts (ankle) - test

Mark Jamar (calf) - 2 weeks

Clint Bartram (knee) - season
Jamie Bennell (knee) - season
Mitch Clark (foot) - season
Aaron Davey (foot) - season
Max Gawn (knee) - season
Cale Morton (shoulder) - season
Ricky Petterd (Achilles) - season
Rory Taggert (back) - season

Dave Misson round 21 injury update

Yup. Goneski.

Bugger... I really liked him pre-injury @ Etihad.

Shame if he goes, will go down as another player of wasted talent. I remember his start to 2010 was so promising especially in that collingwood game, but it's gone backwards from there. :(

Yup. Goneski.

Bugger... I really liked him pre-injury @ Etihad.
No clue where that form's gone.

I still think he's worth one more year. Just. Injury hasn't helped him in any way.

I'd be happy to keep him for another year if another club doesn't offer us something nice in a trade.

I probably wouldn't persist unless there were great signs within the club - we are always holding on to potential and getting stung by having a list full of flogs.

So if they see something within the MFC then keep him, if it's all about his potential then cut our losses.

Unfortunately, I think this will be the last we see Petterd in the red and blue.

Probably should have traded him to GC when the offer was on the table.

A player with potential, but just hasn't worked out.

Probably should have traded him to GC when the offer was on the table.

I reckon the offer could still be on the table. Gold Coast will be very aggressive on the trade table as they have to get rid of blokes due to the condensation of their list. Watch - they will trade players for Tippett and I reckon we might get a couple of blokes for Petterd if we offer him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back