Game Day PF - Sydney Swans v. Port Adelaide 20 Sept 7:40 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be sitting alone at the pub watching the game tonight. Please bring this one home boys 🙏
Will be sitting in my living room alone watching it while Mrs Zevon the Giants supporter is out on a girls night. I’ll be at the pub with you in spirit mate

Will be sitting in my living room alone watching it while Mrs Zevon the Giants supporter is out on a girls night. I’ll be at the pub with you in spirit mate
Mrs cadsky kicked me out so the kids could sleep. Fair enough. Shame you're not going to the match.

Mrs cadsky kicked me out so the kids could sleep. Fair enough. Shame you're not going to the match.
Yeah it’s a pity. Bizarrely the only finals game I’ve been to this year was the Giants last week 😂

Good luck fellas, may you please wipe the slate with us. 12 Goals or more!

Only too happy to oblige.

Daughter went above and beyond to get me tix for my birthday today.

Anxiety is peaking and I probably shouldn't be subjecting myself to it but I'm 2-0 in prelims and pretty confident for this one also.

Happy Birthday to Jakey and Taylor as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few match ups for discussion to pass the time:

Defence:
Dixon - McCartin - McCartin will more than likely take the bigger deeper player.
Ratugolea - Melican - Melican usually chases down the lead up players.
Georgiades - Fox or Rampe
The resting Mid - Fox or Rampe. JHF, Rozee, Butters, Wines, they will all spend time forward. JHF in particular will probably warrant the Rampe match up, Fox might be more suited to the others.
Rioli - Cunningham - Huge match up given Rioli's form. Harry shuts him down, it goes a long way to winning the game.

Forwards
Aliir - Amartey - Amartey just can't allow him to intercept, keep him deep and make him accountable.
Zerk Thatcher - McLean - this is one I think we can exploit. If McLean finds his contested marking from the Elimination Final last year, he could be a real difference maker.
Jones - McDonald -
Evans - Papley - another one we could exploit, but they do have a few options in this space.

Mids
Jordan..does he go to a Burgoyne after his game last week? I'd prefer to see him on Rozee.

Drew - think he goes to Chad as he won't be able to stay with Heeney forward.

Only too happy to oblige.

Daughter went above and beyond to get me tix for my birthday today.

Anxiety is peaking and I probably shouldn't be subjecting myself to it but I'm 2-0 in prelims and pretty confident for this one also.

Happy Birthday to Jakey and Taylor as well.

Happy Birthday

I mean, I hate to derail....

Mills on tramway this morning doing sprints and when asked how he is he replied "pity selection isn't today"
Awful for Mills, but this actually gives me confidence re JMac's selection for tonight as well as Mills potentially next week.

If Mills was that close and Horse was willing to overlook him then I don't think we're going to see a repeat of the '22 disaster.

Full disclosure, I found Hinkley's antics last weeks hilarious, but I will lose my shit if one of our players morphs into a plane to celebrate a goal tonight. Ideally after putting us 10 goals up. Make it happen Paps!

Expecting another frustrating slog, especially early. If we deal with the pressure we win by one or two goals, if we don't I wouldn't be surprised if Port blow us out again. Can't see a scenario the other way because they will be too switched defensively to allow what happened against the Cats to happen again.

Will be a good test of where we're at. Can't stomach another GF loss so if we're not good enough I'd prefer we are found out early. If we are good enough, then anything can happen from there.

Good luck tonight Bloods supporters. Can only wish my team was still in it.

If anyone is interested I have x 3 official Grand Final Packages to sell. Includes fully catered Grand final breakfast at Melbourne Convention Centre plus Level 1 reserved seats to game. All 3 tickets together. Looking to sell at Face Value.

Big night for Gulden, hasn't been bad by any stretch , but hasn't been great for a few games.

Problem is he has been too easily tagged out of large portion of games. He played well in the last quarter against GWS, but he was pretty bad in the earlier 3 quarters. He needs to find a way to have more influence when being tagged.

Good luck tonight Bloods supporters. Can only wish my team was still in it.

If anyone is interested I have x 3 official Grand Final Packages to sell. Includes fully catered Grand final breakfast at Melbourne Convention Centre plus Level 1 reserved seats to game. All 3 tickets together. Looking to sell at Face Value.

I will give you 20 bucks for the lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day PF - Sydney Swans v. Port Adelaide 20 Sept 7:40 pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back