Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Maher on SEN said there's talks of JUH for Butters.

Take it with a lot of salt. But he seems to have started something
god i hope he doesn't leave, when he's on song he is so great to watch, i was looking forward to a decade of butters, rozee and jhf finding their peak together and going berserk mode on the competition

Watched the replay last night.
I really hope we do everything to keep this guy. His attack on the ball and body was phenomenal, basically making the Hawthorn players think there was going to be someone coming at them hard from their blind spot.
I thought he was our most important player in the first half, setting the example.

Last edited:

Watch the press conference from Butters today and compare it to the trainwreck interview from Rozee immediately after the game.

Not getting ahead of himself and saying job done. No mention of "father figure" Kenny.

Butters should have been made captain.

Last edited:
Watch the press conference from Butters today and compare it to the trainwreck interview from Rozee immediately after the game.

Not getting ahead of himself and saying job done. No mention of "father figure" Kenny.

If Butters signed even a 5 year contract, he would've been made captain I think. They went for long term stability which I guess is fair.

Very, very impressive presser from Zak.

I hope the mentality Butters showed in that presser is a reflection of the groups mentality but i’m not getting my hopes up. Did anyone notice he was the only one who kept a straight face when Kenny was doing his theatrics with Sicily?

The other players were smiling and giggling whilst Butters didnt appear to be getting swept up in the moment. It seemed that the win to him wasn't over celebrated and he understood the task at hand still.

I really hope we can keep him as he is a winner and he showed that on Friday night. He actually gives a F*ck about the heat that came his way and led from the front with his endeavour on the footy and his physicality on the opposition. Those types of players are hard to replace as they will demand it from their team mates and drag them along with them.

I hope the mentality Butters showed in that presser is a reflection of the groups mentality but i’m not getting my hopes up. Did anyone notice he was the only one who kept a straight face when Kenny was doing his theatrics with Sicily?

The other players were smiling and giggling whilst Butters didnt appear to be getting swept up in the moment. It seemed that the win to him wasn't over celebrated and he understood the task at hand still.

I really hope we can keep him as he is a winner and he showed that on Friday night. He actually gives a F*ck about the heat that came his way and led from the front with his endeavour on the footy and his physicality on the opposition. Those types of players are hard to replace as they will demand it from their team mates and drag them along with them.
I thought JHF was very matter of fact during the exchange too. Just kept walking on.

Good to see Zak asking for and taking some advice from one of the best in the AFL...

Zak Butters is a tough nut for sure.

I thought JHF was very matter of fact during the exchange too. Just kept walking on.

Horne-Francis starts enough of his own fights, he doesn't need to get into other people's :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horne-Francis starts enough of his own fights, he doesn't need to get into other people's :tearsofjoy:

You see the stare he gave the hawks players after he kicked the goal (sweety assist) in 2nd half ? Then as Kenny was doing his aeroplane dance off with Ginni the Hornet walking past with the beast look 😂 tell you one thing. He's gain mass confidence in himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back