Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s more than just goal kicking yips now, completely out of sorts.

Did he do the old Wingard hammy too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s more than just goal kicking yips now, completely out of sorts.

Did he do the old Wingard hammy too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cramp, but I reckon he should start in the SANFL.

Georgi has become a whipping boy, for good reason...........he's gone backwards

1679786258077.png

his work rate is good but not good enough given his athleticism. Lifting his second efforts with pressure and tackling but more importantly is fixing that kicking accuracy.

He hasn't been the same since the ankle surgery. I'm guessing he's playing on pain killers and can't feel the ball on his foot properly. If so, stop the injections and either play through the pain or not at all.

sure but one doesn't forget how to kick a footy

clearly georgie can no longer do so, so what is the cause?
His confidence is shot and when you are playing in the AFL you don't get many cheap kicks/opportunities to rebuild confidence. The coaching group have also taken him away from his A-game and pushed into a role that he isn't accustomed to.

Realistically, I doubt he will ever be able to be that mobile and skilful high forward. He doesn't have the smarts or skills to pull that off. Yet we persist in attempting to play him in that role and he has ****ed it up time and time again. Which has then ruined his confidence, which has ruined what he his actually good at.

His talent is playing deep and challenging his opponent with his speed and ability in the air. And when he is on and has confidence, he is a reasonable kick on goal. That is how we should be playing him.

The only way forward with him is to send him back to the SANFL, rebuild his confidence and then deploy him in a role where he is going to be successful.

And to be honest, as time goes on, you need to consider the cost of keeping him over trading him. If west coast come calling and are willing to pay a reasonable price, you would think long and hard about it.

His confidence is shot and when you are playing in the AFL you don't get many cheap kicks/opportunities to rebuild confidence. The coaching group have also taken him away from his A-game and pushed into a role that he isn't accustomed to.

Realistically, I doubt he will ever be able to be that mobile and skilful high forward. He doesn't have the smarts or skills to pull that off. Yet we persist in attempting to play him in that role and he has ****ed it up time and time again. Which has then ruined his confidence, which has ruined what he his actually good at.

His talent is playing deep and challenging his opponent with his speed and ability in the air. And when he is on and has confidence, he is a reasonable kick on goal. That is how we should be playing him.

The only way forward with him is to send him back to the SANFL, rebuild his confidence and then deploy him in a role where he is going to be successful.

And to be honest, as time goes on, you need to consider the cost of keeping him over trading him. If west coast come calling and are willing to pay a reasonable price, you would think long and hard about it.
Stuff West Coast,if freo call arrange a straight swap for Brennan Cox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue is he is 10 years late, at 192cms he is 4 inches short to play as the key forward he so naturally is.

They have pushed him to a role as a high half forward, think he could play Burtons role well in the back 6. But he is a Third tall in todays game and will play that role well with better forward entries.

Is the issue that he and Todd play the same role? Really he, Todd and Dixon play the same role but Dixon has the ability to work in that CHF and ruck role?

Kane Cornes mentioned MG in the Jeremy Howe roll down back?

sure but one doesn't forget how to kick a footy

clearly georgie can no longer do so, so what is the cause?

He did that all of last year. 100% mental. Was a dead eye pre 2022. Was pretty poor last year, but he'd go back to SANFL, kick 4:2 and then revert immediately back to the 0:2 forward in the AFL. No doubt has been a source of focus over the off season and he's just lost all confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back