Toast Pick 23 - Murray Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a lot of Ultimate Warrior in him
ultimatewarrior0142.jpg

Not sure how he looks/plays like Kerr?

Ker - In and under mid
Newman - More of an outside mid who likes to run and carry
Kerr - Right foot, doesnt get a lot of penertration on his kicks, most of the time he flights his kicks rather than stabs them
Newman - Left foot who can drill a pass and can get some penertration
Kerr - Solid
Newman - Skinny
Kerr - Likes to handball more than kick
Newman - Much higher kick to handball ratio

I just dont get where the hell these comparisons are comign from

I think he plays alot like a Lindsay Thomas from Norths TBH.

Kerr?:eek:

Narrr!!!!:cool:

Not sure how he looks/plays like Kerr?

Ker - In and under mid
Kerr - Right foot, doesnt get a lot of penertration on his kicks, most of the time he flights his kicks rather than stabs them
Newman - Left foot who can drill a pass and can get some penertration
Kerr - Solid
Newman - Skinny
Kerr - Likes to handball more than kick

I just dont get where the hell these comparisons are comign from

How about composure with the ball, movement and decision-making around a contest.

I see a lot of Ultimate Warrior in him
ultimatewarrior0142.jpg

Not sure how he looks/plays like the Ultimate Warrior?

Warrior - Inside Wrestler, prefers to be delivering Multiple Running Clotheslines
Warrior - Big Boot, Leaping Shoulder Slam and Scoop Slam seem to be his strengths
Newman - Left foot who can drill a pass and can get some penetration
Warrior - Solid
Newman - Skinny
Warrior - Likes to utilise the Gorilla Press Drop and Vertical Suplex more than kicking

I just dont get where the hell these comparisons are coming from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how he looks/plays like the Ultimate Warrior?

Warrior - Inside Wrestler, prefers to be delivering Multiple Running Clotheslines
Warrior - Big Boot, Leaping Shoulder Slam and Scoop Slam seem to be his strengths
Newman - Left foot who can drill a pass and can get some penetration
Warrior - Solid
Newman - Skinny
Warrior - Likes to utilise the Gorilla Press Drop and Vertical Suplex more than kicking

I just dont get where the hell these comparisons are coming from

Clearly I was referring to the similarity in the facepaint and the streamers tied to their biceps, duh

He's a lot more agile than Kerr
He doesnt have the hands of Kerr, better kick though IMO

He's nothing like Kerr

You're trying to overrule an... interpretation?

You've listed the differences, that's fine. They're blatantly obvious. And we all know he's a completely different style of player.

It doesn't change the fact that there's shared traits between the two. I can say that Eric McKenzie reminds me of Chris Judd. I know they aren't the same player, and I don't need a ****ing run-down of everything you've picked up off the internet to explain the differences.

i'm not sure which track i'm on...but when do you think we'll see the likes of Newman and Mcinnes play in a game? -presuming we'll see Hill sooner than later..

(and yes,the facial expressions of Emac remind me of the Juddster also-if he shaved his head??)

i'm not sure which track i'm on...but when do you think we'll see the likes of Newman and Mcinnes play in a game? -presuming we'll see Hill sooner than later..

(and yes,the facial expressions of Emac remind me of the Juddster also-if he shaved his head??)

Consdiering how well we went last year i'm not sure that there is really a spot in the team for either Newman or McInnes at the moment, obviously injuries may open up a spot or two at some stage, but i think the focus this year will be building size and fitness, with them really making a solid push for game time in 2013.

Would love to be proven wrong with one or either playign otu of their skin and demanding to be picked but doubt it.

Fact is top 4 teams very rarely play rookies. Most i think we can hope for is a few sub appearances from Newman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Pick 23 - Murray Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back