Picks 33, 38 and 53: What to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rucks: What do we do at the draft table?

Last year in draft and trading we only picked 2 18 year olds (Hallahan and Litherland) on the main list. Obviously we picked a few more on the rookie list but essentially there is now only Langford and Schneider in that age group.

This year we have traded for 2 more guys who are a bit older, in Gunston and Hallahan.

Whilst a form of free agency may alter clubs drafting mentality usually they draft midfielders capable of playing in 1-3 years, KPPs in 2-5 years and ruckmen in 3-6 years.
By capable of playing I mean being a regular member of the team rather than a sporadic inclusion.

I assume therefore that it is likely that at least one of the two picks this year will be on an 18 year old and next year in a "relatively uncompromised super draft" we will revert to taking mainly 18 year olds in order to rebalance the age groups in our list.

With regard to the rookie draft this year no doubt we will take one "mature age" section plus a number of relatively high risk speculative selections.

No doubt every supporter will be delighted when all the compensation picks (and there will be more next year) have flowed through the draft system and we have reverted back to a normal uncompromised draft.

Sam Frost sounds like a likely type,i was just wondering where you guys think he will fall in the draft.

Sam Frost sounds like a likely type,i was just wondering where you guys think he will fall in the draft.
in between 20 - 40 so hoping he slides through to 33 for hawthorns sake he could be built to hawthorns key defender in the future :)

I really hope we grab mids with our first two picks. Would love a taller mid who is good overhead

edit: something like this actually from Chris25 mockdraft

#38 Hawthorn - Cameron Ellis-Yolmen (191cm midfielder - Woodville West Torrens)

Underrated player around these parts, don't think he has really been mentioned at all. At just 18 he is 191cm and 88kg, great size for a midfielder considering most are generally short in this draft class. Only played 1 game for SA in the Championships, and was quite good. In the U18 competition in the SANFL, he is averaging nearly 30 touches and 5 clearances a game. Strong tackler, good above his head and a real creative player. Hopefully it won’t be long until his ranking starts to climb. AFL Comparison: Anthony Morabito.

Re: Who would you pick with selection 33?

A shortlist of players that may be available at our pick has been made if your player is not mentioned please click on other and let us know why you would pick that player.

Sorry Thorgils am I missing something here mate?
Should there be a poll?

Re: Who would you pick with selection 38?

It depends on who we take at 33. We need another mid, so Kerridge would be great.

However if my choice at pick 33 (Grigg) comes true then Lockyer or Schade sound great to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you people selecting "other" in this poll going to reveal who the "other" is and why you would select them as per the OP?;)

Anyone watching the NTFL game Fev's playing in?

Fev going well, but Waylen Manson has kicked 9 so far. My first look at him, similar style to Buddy.

Edit: Make that 10 for Manson. And Tim Mosquito looks a lively mid-fielder type, not sure if he's looking at the draft, though.

Not a bad article here for those interested, sounds like we had someone having a look. Not sure if he is exactly what we need but imagine having two Buddy like players roaming the forward line. Perhaps pick 38 on a project player with X-factor in Manson.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10849901/manson-soars-on-to-afl-radars/

On all things indigenous, can someone confirm if there are still rules in relation to rookie listing prelisted players, just wondering if Carl Peterson is going to put himself in the running to make a comeback.

Looking forward to continuing the rivalry in 2012,think we may strike the first blow by taking Curran pick 32.

More than welcome considering our list management dont rate him in the top 45.

Given Stephen Well's track record over the last decade, I for one will not be internetz jousting with Geelong over recruiting decisions...

Re: Who would you pick with selection 38?

pick 33 micheal talia pick 38 sam kerridge pick 53 Lee Spurr pick 82 upgrade bruest pick 100 rookie draft get fev i hope this happens :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks 33, 38 and 53: What to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back