Play the showdown at the MCG - Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the problem with today's 24/7/365 news cycle. The season is over, there's little of any actual interest to report, so ideally there should be very little reporting on it. But instead we've got people like this who have jobs in the media that require them to produce something - ANYTHING - every day. Something that in mid-June would be an ill-conceived brainfart that would never see the light of day instead turns into an actual talking point.

Don't agree Pete. Adelaide on it's own struggles to pull 40k at the Gee when we play locals outside of the finals.

THere are a substantial number of people who go to games as neutrals but doubt we'd get 45,000 of them to top up the 20k Crows supporters and the three men and a dog from the Port.
I think if you scheduled it right, as I said, a bye week end where they are a bit starved for footy, you'd get 60 -70.

It's an interesting idea

I actually don’t mind the idea. It could help do away with the notion that we must play the Pear twice every year. Why not every third year have us play them only once, at the G as a neutral game? I think it could be great.

I actually don’t mind the idea. It could help do away with the notion that we must play the Pear twice every year. Why not every third year have us play them only once, at the G as a neutral game? I think it could be great.

I don't think the Adelaide Oval contract would allow for that?

I can't believe that there are some posters who don't think that this is the most stupid thing ever suggested by anyone about anything!
La Liga is taking games to America....

Iirc, the first game is a Catalan derby where Barcelona is the away team.
It’s like taking the port Adelaide home showdown to Vladivostok

No one there will care, and the fans that do, can’t get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't, it's why Port had all that trouble with the China game.
As I’ve said time and time again for 2 years now.
Make Port home team in Shanghai
Have Adelaide host 12 games, and host both showdowns.

Port get to get the benefits of China without having to pay someone else to buy their home game.
St Kilda don’t lose a home game
Sma still gets their 22 games
Port Adelaide still get 12 games in adelaide
And Adelaide get their makeup game from the cancelled Geelong game.

Who loses?

Ps. There is a precedence - both west Coast-north Melbourne games in 1987 were west coast home games in Perth.

As I’ve said time and time again for 2 years now.
Make Port home team in Shanghai
Have Adelaide host 12 games, and host both showdowns.

Port get to get the benefits of China without having to pay someone else to buy their home game.
St Kilda don’t lose a home game
Sma still gets their 22 games
Port Adelaide still get 12 games in adelaide
And Adelaide get their makeup game from the cancelled Geelong game.

Who loses?

Ps. There is a precedence - both west Coast-north Melbourne games in 1987 were west coast home games in Perth.

Port members, only getting access to 10 games.

Great idea. This would be a one off opportunity to get a big game at the G. Would easily get 60-70,000.

Get it done !
Great for many reasons
Exposure , corporate support , as a fan you’d get there - great weekender , MCG exposure for the team in high pressure game

This is prob the next level of nationalising the game

I like the outside of the square thinking TBH and it is actually nice that Victorian’s are starting to realise how good showdowns are

I had Victorian mates - a bunch of 12 travel to Adelaide for weekend last year to watch the showdown and it was the Motlop one . They said it’s the best atmosphere and most passionate they’ve been to in a minor round game ever , more so than Anzac Day

We have entered an era where everything needs to be tinkered with and changed even its been going perfectly well for the last 1000 years. Its f@#king ridiculous and ruining absolutely everything!! All these assholes that think they are a mental giant and know better.

I have a better idea. Play a grand final at a neutral ground. Could we have a genuine winner for once? Wowee, that would be something. In regards to Barrett I think a better idea would be for him to practice journalism on the other side of the globe.

La Liga is taking games to America....

Iirc, the first game is a Catalan derby where Barcelona is the away team.
It’s like taking the port Adelaide home showdown to Vladivostok

No one there will care, and the fans that do, can’t get there.
Pretty sure FIFA blocked the move didn't they?

Play the showdown at the MCG - Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back