List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This club continues to find ways of infuriating me. If we weren’t gifting Broadbent games then we definitely were gifting Spray games. There’s a massive disconnect between list management and selections.

This club continues to find ways of infuriating me. If we weren’t gifting Broadbent games then we definitely were gifting Spray games. There’s a massive disconnect between list management and selections.

But if the coach is cooked, that might actually be a good thing if he's not winning these little battles?

It's sad. A mix of poor coaching, arrogance and a bit of the boys club.

All these games thrown into players we'd had to have known way sooner would be gone at seasons end. That's 20 games this season right there that could be been given to a young player so that he'll be well versed for next season.

What the **** has happened to get to this point.

This is cooked, Sam Gray is easier better than Mayes and Sutcliffe
He may be, but he lacks the height and positional management that the other two are afforded

As the club sees it:
Same Gray: FP
Mayes: Wing, HFF, HBF
Sutcliff: Tag, HFF, FP, Wing, HBF

Gray's problem is that there's plenty of players they know will cover for him, especially with that midget we're drafting with our first pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting decisions coming out of the club. I really can’t make any sense of it. WTF are they up to?
As for Dougal, ok they say he can’t fit into our defence because his style of play doesn’t suit our game plan but surely that is incredibly shortsighted.
It would be just our luck that our next senior coach thinks Dougal would be exactly the sort player they want and we have to watch him blossom at the Saints having given him away for a late first rounder in a very average draft.
Makes no sense whatsoever.

Some interesting decisions coming out of the club. I really can’t make any sense of it. WTF are they up to?
As for Dougal, ok they say he can’t fit into our defence because his style of play doesn’t suit our game plan but surely that is incredibly shortsighted.
It would be just our luck that our next senior coach thinks Dougal would be exactly the sort player they want and we have to watch him blossom at then Saints having given him away for a late first rounder in a very average draft.
Makes no sense whatsoever.
These decisions are being made with the belief that all the coaches will remain in their positions for a long time.

S.Gray got way too much of the footy for someone who can't convert opportunities.

Would much rather have someone getting less of the ball up forward but actually doing something with it (E.g
Butters, Farrell, maybe Mead).

Idk maybe we've emarked Gray's spot for Mead and he's more expensive than Mayes or Sutcliffe, so he's out.

BS.

2013 - Impey, Harvey
2014 - Ryder
2015 - Toumpas, Dixon, Johnson
2016 - Marshall, SPP, Atley & Drew

Mitch Harvey at pick #45? Carn. Go on, bring up Ben Brown, but still meh. Impey playing some good footy I would've thought?

Ryder? You mean the All Australian & BnF Ryder ?

Dixon? Hasn't given us what we would've expected, but I'm doing that trade again all day everyday. Runner up BnF. And again, pick #45 AJ ??

Marshall/SPP/Drew & Atley - All have played senior footy, some have played some excellent senior footy, all are 3 year players.

I like what Freo have done delisting 2 young kids that are contracted next yr to be picked up in rookie draft. No reason why we couldn't do similar with Grundy? Give us 6 list spots possiblity for 2 DFA if we see value there .

Sam Gray and Broadbent, 20 and 10 games. Both to be delisted.

Getting games over guys like Garner, Farrell and even Cox or Woodcock who could have been given games at points. Motlop kicking bags late also could have come back in over S.Gray.

Don't get me wrong, S.Gray is better than a delist player, but certainly not a 20 game a year player why we have options in the role he plays. Further exemplifies how far up his own ass "Kennys" head is buried.

The only way Sam Gray being delisted makes sense, is that he must've declined the 1 year term we were offering preferring to be delisted, knowing he has another contract offer somewhere else. It just doesn't make sense otherwise that he'd be delisted at this stage.

This is a real shame, Sammy should've been transitioned out of our 22, but he didn't deserve to be cut yet.

*edit, just saw the article, we aren't delisting him, he's rejecting our offer. That makes sense. I'm happy to hold firm on a 1 year deal and lose him. That I can accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back