List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Billings fits the age gap in our list profile. We've got some cap space. He only costs money, and as the Saints seem happy for him to leave, probably won't require the inflated deals of a lot of free agents. I can see why we're discussing the option.

what does he add though? a avg mid for the sake of getting a mid?
That may well be where the discussion goes and ends.

On paper it's a nice easy one for Fox Footy to report. Player who is almost definitely leaving as a free agent linked to top 4 club with cap space to spend. No doubt we did enquire with his management, but that doesn't necessarily mean that much.

Billings makes sense, In that Gray got year left probably and fantasia is injury prone. rozee and Butters should move to midfield over next few years, with SPP into midfield hopefully.

Billings can add Depth to the foward line or hopefully become best 22

I would be ok with billings on the right contract. Not someone I would be keen to break the bank for, but is another handy mid forward that would add into rotations with the likes of butters and rozee in the future.
If Kelly is not coming, happy to get Billings with Butters and Rozee moving into the midfield

Billings fits three things we desperately lack in our list demographic that being his age, ball use and the fact he is a left footer. Outside of Amon (and Farrell when healthy) we lack a good link up left footer who can change angles and shift defences. Look at the Dogs with Bont, Macrae, Libba & Hunter. There is a reason why that particular midfield unit looks so clean, is because modern AFL defence shapes cater to the majority being right footed. Throw in a couple good left footed ball users across wing/HFF and watch out forward line find space.

Happy to get Billings at the right price, but we need either Parker or Guthrie (or both) because without Rocky and Boak another year older weā€™re very shallow in the midfield and the only reason itā€™s held together this year is Wines and Amon in career best form and Drew emerging, all of which could drop off 10% and weā€™ll be in significant trouble, exactly the same as WCE this year whose midfield is a lot better than they have performed this year.

Billings fits three things we desperately lack in our list demographic that being his age, ball use and the fact he is a left footer. Outside of Amon (and Farrell when healthy) we lack a good link up left footer who can change angles and shift defences. Look at the Dogs with Bont, Macrae, Libba & Hunter. There is a reason why that particular midfield unit looks so clean, is because modern AFL defence shapes cater to the majority being right footed. Throw in a couple good left footed ball users across wing/HFF and watch out forward line find space.

That's it. I'm all in on Goofy Billings.

Billings at his best (2019) is very serviceable. Averaged 25 disp, 13 goals. You take that every day of the week if it comes walking to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Farrell sign a 3 year contract recently (ie last year)? I remember Portia complaining about it.
Heā€™s listed as out of contract in 2021 by footywire, but a quick search says that he and Bonner signed contracts in 2019 for 3 and 2 years respectively (ports website) so according to that youā€™re correct Farrell shouldnā€™t be listed as ooc. (Up in 2022)

The Dixon rumours are starting to heat up on the scandals board. If he does go, whats a suitable outcome? Picks or players? Or maybe a combination. Id be wanting gold coast to bend over for him thats for sure.

The Dixon rumours are starting to heat up on the scandals board. If he does go, whats a suitable outcome? Picks or players? Or maybe a combination. Id be wanting gold coast to bend over for him thats for sure.
I don't think he's going anywhere, but if he does, a 31 year old key forward with 2 years on his contract who's currently following up an AA season with a 40-50 goal season is worth a lot more than the average 30+ player looking to move at the end of their career. We're in a strong position to say no if we're not coming out on top.

Hollands and Lukocious

Most likely to be cut at this stage:

Rockliff
Goldsack
Hartlett

Garner
Burgoyne
Lienert
Frederick
Woodcock
only 4 will go, Rockliff, Goldsack, Hartlett and Garner. Wouldn't be surprised if Hartlett resigned as a rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back