List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon is our most important player and has two years left on his contract. May sound silly but unless someone offers us a top 10 draft pick I would want port to hold him to his contract. We are looking to win a premiership in the next 2-3 years. We will not if Dixon isn’t there IMO

Anyway, it’s a BS rumour, Dixon bleeds black, white and teal.

The Dixon rumours are starting to heat up on the scandals board. If he does go, whats a suitable outcome? Picks or players? Or maybe a combination. Id be wanting gold coast to bend over for him thats for sure.
The scandals board is an absolute waste of bandwidth. Don't give it a second thought.

Dixon is our most important player and has two years left on his contract. May sound silly but unless someone offers us a top 10 draft pick I would want port to hold him to his contract. We are looking to win a premiership in the next 2-3 years. We will not if Dixon isn’t there IMO

Anyway, it’s a BS rumour, Dixon bleeds black, white and teal.
He’s been a warhorse.
Perhaps we could capitalise if true, get a great pick and player. Mitch goes to full Foward, Marshall to centre half Forward, Lycett to become the resting ruck forward so Hayes can be blooded with Ladhams?

The scandals board is an absolute waste of bandwidth. Don't give it a second thought.

This particular rumour has come from our own board’s posters though.

Some things are said for shock factor.
Remember when someone was adamant Dixon wasn’t at Alberton one training session - saying he was gone.

This particular rumour has come from our own board’s posters though.
Port supporters are just as capable of lying or exaggerating to bignote themselves on the internet as any other team's supporters.

Port supporters are just as capable of lying or exaggerating to bignote themselves on the internet as any other team's supporters.

Of course, I was just pointing out that the rumour originated from here, not the scandals board.

The Dixon rumour didn’t start here. First there was the ditts report of a big name player than several posters (north and essendon from memory) said on the main board that Dixon was going back to Sa. No one from port has had anything to say regarding it other than wtf?

Sam Hayes needs to be given a crack at the level next year. I would hate to see him not get an opportunity and go elsewhere. At least if we give him a chance we can know for sure whether or not he can make it.

If you look at the current landscape of the developing AFL ruckmen, it is seriously weak. Once Gawn and Nicnat go it leaves Grundy, English (not really a ruck), Jackson (freak around the ground but not a tap ruckmen) and a bunch of journeymen/developing rucks. Hayes could become a premier tap ruckmen in the competition behind Grundy.

We are in a great spot with Hayes and Ladhams as developing ruckmen.

There’s tonnes of good young rucks around the league. It’s just that outside of Darcy none of them are currently really good at ruck tapwork.
I Forgot Darcy, but thats entirely my point. If hes playing with ruckmen that arent good at hitouts, he can really exploit this area of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am 100% comfortable with trading Dixon at his age. Getting close to peak value for him would be excellent business for us as realistically at Dixon’s age he is close to the edge and one injury could be it at this point. I can easily see a minor injury niggling him at any point and his output dropping off and before you know it that’s it. We have Ladhams who can play as the tall forward with Marshall and Georgiades and Hayes needing to be given a go. We’d be fine without him now IMO.

Actually can’t see many list changes.

Likely Out: Hartlett, Rockliff, Goldsack
Possibly Out: T.Burgoyne, McEntee, Woodcock, Mayes, Garner, Lienert

The only players who may look for more opportunities elsewhere are Hayes and Mead who I know is very impatient.

We will likely delist T.Burgoyne and McEntee leaving 5 list spots. I expect one player like Garner or Mayes to be delisted but redrafted as a rookie leaving 3 list spots and 2 rookie spots.

1 x Free agent
1 x First Round pick
Jace Burgoyne
2 rookies (with perhaps one spot left for the mid year draft if it is on again).

Usually I'd rage at the thought of trading Ladhams but if that's what the club thinks is for the best then there must be good reasons. They've mostly got the list management stuff right in recent times so have to back them in.

Just wish we had seen Hayes in action before deciding that he's the one worth keeping.

Lycett being injury/suspension prone and 28 years old, port would have to be bat sh*t crazy to want to trade one of the best ruckman under 23 years old in the comp
True, but we have an even better one ready to step into his shoes next year should he go. Also, if it nets us someone like Lukosius, then I am doing somersaults!

True, but we have an even better one ready to step into his shoes next year should he go. Also, if it nets us someone like Lukosius, then I am doing somersaults!
Now I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t think Hayes will be anything. Seems like the Mitch Harvey, Mason Shaw type player that most fans want to see debut “not in 2 years now” that Hinkley doesn’t see a future in. I know he is better than the two above but if he wasn’t gunna debut this year during Lycetts suspension especially being in good form in the SANFL it makes me question him. Whether he doesn’t have the tank or is too slow, doesn’t follow up after the ruck contest.

In the end on exposed form I’d take Ladhams over Hayes every day of the week.

Saying that I hope I am wrong, 205cm ruckman boy oh boy

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back