Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

ooops good call PMBangers
ModernArtillery considering you’re the conversation here, u wanna give us your 25 for 2023?
I'm certainly no expert on the futures stuff. I'll often lean on eDPS for that!

From Shifter's list my favourites at this stage (not necessarily from a rankings perspective) are Watson, Moir, Tholstrup, Delean, Duursma, Harley Reid and Frangalas.

I can speak to a few SA kids not on the list that I like given I've seen a fair bit of them live.

The two Sturt boys, Luca Slade and Alex Holt are probably chances later in the draft next year, but both are in really good form at the moment. Holt has been close to South Australia's most consistent performer across all the trials and the Champs this year. He's not the smoothest, classiest player but he's effective as a rebounder and can genuinely lock down and intercept too. Slade is just a really well-balanced midfielder that can hit the scoreboard. Classy on the ball but willing to crack in when it's his turn to go.

Trent Tattoli is a great speed and endurance athlete and he's putting up some pretty special numbers at SANFL U18 level. In a really ordinary team too.

One of my favourites is Tom Wheaton. He's already pretty filled out as a midfielder but he moves well, he's a good contested ball winner and has the versatility to play other roles too. He's one that I'm pretty optimistic could rise up draft boards next year.

I can't get a DOB anywhere on him, but I THINK Harry Francis from Glenelg is an 05 birthday (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). He's a nice athlete, covers the ground pretty well and looks comfortable with the ball in his hands. He's spent some time in the ruck but I think I prefer him at CHF long term.

Luke Harvey from North Adelaide is another who could be an interesting watch, particularly if he grows and develops a bit more physically. He's played primarily off half back and defends and rebounds well.

I also like Patrick Weckert from Woodville-West Torrens. He's spent alot of time forward in the few games he's played at U18 level this year, but I prefer him in the back half. He reads the flight of the ball really well and he's got a really nice, penetrating kick. He's key position size who could take kick-outs at the next level.

From Shifter's list my favourites at this stage (not necessarily from a rankings perspective) are Watson, Moir, Tholstrup, Delean, Duursma, Harley Reid and Frangalas.

I can speak to a few SA kids not on the list that I like given I've seen a fair bit of them live.

The two Sturt boys, Luca Slade and Alex Holt are probably chances later in the draft next year, but both are in really good form at the moment. Holt has been close to South Australia's most consistent performer across all the trials and the Champs this year. He's not the smoothest, classiest player but he's effective as a rebounder and can genuinely lock down and intercept too. Slade is just a really well-balanced midfielder that can hit the scoreboard. Classy on the ball but willing to crack in when it's his turn to go.

Trent Tattoli is a great speed and endurance athlete and he's putting up some pretty special numbers at SANFL U18 level. In a really ordinary team too.

One of my favourites is Tom Wheaton. He's already pretty filled out as a midfielder but he moves well, he's a good contested ball winner and has the versatility to play other roles too. He's one that I'm pretty optimistic could rise up draft boards next year.

I can't get a DOB anywhere on him, but I THINK Harry Francis from Glenelg is an 05 birthday (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). He's a nice athlete, covers the ground pretty well and looks comfortable with the ball in his hands. He's spent some time in the ruck but I think I prefer him at CHF long term.

Luke Harvey from North Adelaide is another who could be an interesting watch, particularly if he grows and develops a bit more physically. He's played primarily off half back and defends and rebounds well.

I also like Patrick Weckert from Woodville-West Torrens. He's spent alot of time forward in the few games he's played at U18 level this year, but I prefer him in the back half. He reads the flight of the ball really well and he's got a really nice, penetrating kick. He's key position size who could take kick-outs at the next level.
ooops sorry eDPS complete slipped my mind. Been a big week 🤦‍♂️

😻
No mention of Matz though, so stiff

FWIW I haven't really thought about 2023 outside of the top 10 in my mind; Watson, H. Reid, Moir, A. Reid, Curtin, Duursma, Tholstrup, Caddy, Philacitides and Frangalas. Good to see the Will Green mention from Shifter, really liked what he's shown so far as a bottom aged ruck, not super developed bodywise so a lot of upside there but really clean with the ball and smart placement of his taps.

One not many have mentioned but I've liked from his U17's games last year and Eastern games this year is Ranges forward Brayden LaPlanche, just has some real X-Factor with his explosiveness and power

FWIW I haven't really thought about 2023 outside of the top 10 in my mind; Watson, H. Reid, Moir, A. Reid, Curtin, Duursma, Tholstrup, Caddy, Philacitides and Frangalas. Good to see the Will Green mention from Shifter, really liked what he's shown so far as a bottom aged ruck, not super developed bodywise so a lot of upside there but really clean with the ball and smart placement of his taps.

One not many have mentioned but I've liked from his U17's games last year and Eastern games this year is Ranges forward Brayden LaPlanche, just has some real X-Factor with his explosiveness and power
I feel Weatherill is well ahead of LaPlanche at Eastern. Riley Weatherill is a smooth mover and a seriously gun finisher which is important for key forwards

IMO this is a pretty accurate 10 as it stands atm. I have watched quite a few NAB and state games live and on the stream so I was gobsmacked Philactides wasn’t in shifters 25.
Over the next 12 mths I reckon we will see Jed Walter, Riley Wetherill and Brayden Laplanche be more consistent and climb the rankings, they all have some nice attributes to keep developing.

PMBangers

For Essendon who do you feel would be a better fit.

Sheezel, Hewitt or Tsatas?
Hewett given his midfield balance. You'll get Davey x2 this draft on top of Menzie in the MSD so don't think you need to forward half presence of Sheezel, and Tsatas doesn't offer the contested style I feel you need to add

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PMBangers

For Essendon who do you feel would be a better fit.

Sheezel, Hewitt or Tsatas?

Hewett given his midfield balance. You'll get Davey x2 this draft on top of Menzie in the MSD so don't think you need to forward half presence of Sheezel, and Tsatas doesn't offer the contested style I feel you need to add
Interesting - in your last rolling mock draft in late June, you had Essendon taking Sheezel (with both Hewett & Tsatas available).

What's changed in your mind?

Luca Slade? son of Centrals great Matthew? If so, good bloodlines and in my dealings with Matthew I found him to be a top guy so I would wish his lad all the very best for next year

Is your concern about Tsatas's contested game because of his style of play or concerns with his frame?

Shiel is our only mid with genuine speed, so I am thinking Tsatas or Hewett would fit that bill.

Interesting - in your last rolling mock draft in late June, you had Essendon taking Sheezel (with both Hewett & Tsatas available).

What's changed in your mind?
They have a pick in the Sheezel range, I dont quite view Hewett as that calibre until he puts in another couple of strong Champs games.
Is your concern about Tsatas's contested game because of his style of play or concerns with his frame?

Shiel is our only mid with genuine speed, so I am thinking Tsatas or Hewett would fit that bill.
Style. He can play on the inside but isn't a genuine contested ball winner when he does, with Hobbs in the team it may work given Tsatas works best with a bull feeding it to him when he can't win the clearance himself

They have a pick in the Sheezel range, I dont quite view Hewett as that calibre until he puts in another couple of strong Champs games.

Style. He can play on the inside but isn't a genuine contested ball winner when he does, with Hobbs in the team it may work given Tsatas works best with a bull feeding it to him when he can't win the clearance himself
Who do you liken Sheezel, Tsatas & Hewett to at the top level?

I don’t necessarily think that Essendon would be against a top line wingman with elite ball use, if that’s where Tsatas is likely to end up.

Really appreciate your draft insights btw. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Who do you liken Sheezel, Tsatas & Hewett to at the top level?

I don’t necessarily think that Essendon would be against a top line wingman with elite ball use, if that’s where Tsatas is likely to end up.

Really appreciate your draft insights btw. 👍🏻
I dont like comparisons personally, the worst addition to draft watching along with those stupid ****ing supercoach points articles.

In saying that, Hewett gives me LDU vibes as an easy comparison, although arguably more impactful in attack

This is the exact moment that it really ****ed me off, had people telling me Trudgeon was a top 10 prospect because of this horrific shit

Hey Bangers.

Do you reckon Sydney is likely to take Anderson as a late academy pick this year?

I’ve been really impressed in his champs games so far and think he could be a real value selection late. Particularly for a club like Collingwood, who need a few clean inside midfielders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back