Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially Bowden would have been better.

The AFL and SANFL never get along.

Therbarton was their 3rd choice.

The Government and councils should have made both Bowden and the aquatic centre work as the Crows are "the biggest organisation in the state".

Any other council/Government in the world would have bent over for the Crows.

It's all class warfare from sport hating theatre goers.

TBF it sounds more reasonable when I type it out (apart from the biggest organisation bit) bit if you listen to it it was oozing arrogance and entitlement.

I'm guessing Kate's not happy

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
... the whingers got their way at North adelaide

.. I cant imagine the city of Liverpool treating LFC like that etc

This graphic of what the crows are going to do with the Thebarton Oval site is laughable

Facility-WEB.png

So they are going to knock down the Brickworks shopping centre, Thebarton Senior College and a few dozen residential properties are they?

... the whingers got their way at North adelaide

.. I cant imagine the city of Liverpool treating LFC like that etc
Not sure if serious??

This graphic of what the crows are going to do with the Thebarton Oval site is laughable

Facility-WEB.png

So they are going to knock down the Brickworks shopping centre, Thebarton Senior College and a few dozen residential properties are they?
at least they are reforesting south rd. That's a positive

If anyone questions the Crows being entitled and arrogant just listen to Penburthy on AA this morning talking about Therbarton v Bowden v Aqautic centre.

Wouldn't give them the satisfaction of counting my click as a listener.

These guys sit at the bottom of the breakfast radio ratings. All they've got left is to preach to their ageing crow disciples.

Pretty sad really.

TBF it sounds more reasonable when I type it out (apart from the biggest organisation bit) bit if you listen to it it was oozing arrogance and entitlement.

Maybe that's the case since the Adelaide Steamship Company got gobbled up by the multi-nationals, but I'd've thought a couple of State Government departments would have them covered.

at least they are reforesting south rd. That's a positive

.....and are the realigning the oval to face a different way?

I'm pretty good at sussing spaces, I can read maps, get online and head to 3d mode and swing around the current thebarton oval and try and work out what the hell they are doing beacuse it looks most unlike anything there now?

The are reorientating the oval to be the same aspect as Adelaide Oval. The old grandstand will be facing in an odd direction, and did they buy the school too? (to the right), unless that's empty already?

View attachment 1489238
the reorienting the oval makes sense but the proportions in their mock-up are very misleading. I doubt they could just buy up, or take over a public school, especially one that serves such a specific community purpose

the reorienting the oval makes sense but the proportions in their mock-up are very misleading. I doubt they could just buy up, or take over a public school, especially one that serves such a specific community purpose

Thebarton Senior College deals with new Australians and disenfranchised youths.

The Exact people the Crows types care the least about.

It’ll be knocked down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thebarton Senior College deals with new Australians and disenfranchised youths.

The Exact people the Crows types care the least about.

It’ll be knocked down.
so it's the government's job to say no, you can't have it.
I think they've just gone with a 'fwoar, look how big it is!' to placate the customers upset that they couldn't just annex the parklands, and the graphic isn't an accurate representation of what will end up there - and the school isn't part of the takeover plan.

I think they've just gone with a 'fwoar, look how big it is!' to placate the customers upset that they couldn't just annex the parklands, and the graphic isn't an accurate representation of what will end up there - and the school isn't part of the takeover plan.

The Adelaide Club will make that decision thank you very much!

It's going to be a lame, low effort, upgrade to the precinct, like everything they do.

This is an exercise in presenting it as a 'win' to their customers.

Thebby has been the crows ultimately chosen spot for years (despite the other bleatings).

Not going to have the bowls club or community centre they are the start of the tunnel.

Wonder if they will get rent free etc as per their last cosy arrangement.

Essentially Bowden would have been better.

The AFL and SANFL never get along.

Therbarton was their 3rd choice.

The Government and councils should have made both Bowden and the aquatic centre work as the Crows are "the biggest organisation in the state".

Any other council/Government in the world would have bent over for the Crows.

It's all class warfare from sport hating theatre goers.

I'm guessing Kate's not happy

Kate shouldn’t be on the board anymore as she was thee when the camp happened.

Facility-WEB.png

Holy shit. They are making just like home. There’s cars parked on the oval!!

Holy s**t. They are making just like home. There’s cars parked on the oval!!
...and a Cafe so the customers have some where to go to consume.

ABC News: AFL club Adelaide Crows announces Thebarton Oval as new home ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back