Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure what the Crows fans. Are trying to say about last night.Both the double header matches where sold out.
Tickets sold and money in the AFL bank.
It rained heavy and it was cold..If the paying customer chose to watch the game ,at home or there motel room..Thats there decision.The double header was sold out.

Crows supporters would not know what it is like to watch your side battle it out in the rain for four quarters. Most of them go home at three quarter time.

I hated gather round so much I left the city to avoid it this weekend.

However, winding up the Vics who think it gives us an unfair advantage is worth it 😂😂

Put this GWS V Hawks game down as another guernsey clash that wouldnt fly in a professional league

Yellow v orange, it's ridiculous.

On another note does GWS have any supporters? I've seen more decked out in Sydney colours than GWS.

Callan Ward is just one of those players you have so much respect for

The issue with Norwood is it has the biggest capacity of any of the suburban grounds Norwood has a capacity of 22,000 which means it has been used for games when either Adelaide Oval or Football Park.

Back in the early 1970s when the SANFL adopted a final five system their programming meant they needed an alternative to Adelaide Oval. As a consequence we drew a final on Norwood Oval against, you guessed it, Norwood. Port supporters were incencsed to the extent the our Head Trainer the legendary Teddy McMahon, who was also a shop steward in the Port wharves threatened to pull the boys out and close the Port down. It didn't happen of course and we lost. From memory I think North played Norwood the following week and beat them.

I have no problem with Norwood as at least it is a suburban ground it is good to see these grounds full to capacity. I just hope that other suburban grounds can get a look in over the next three years.

There is no way on God's green earth that Norwood Oval can hold 22,000.

Alberton Oval once hosted nearly 23,000 in a game v Norwood in 1977, but that was before Allan Scott HQ.

The maximum attendance in history at Norwood was a tick over 20,000 in 1971 before OHS was a thing and any redevelopments had been done at the ground.

AFL:
Incidental contact with head, slightest touch free against costing a goal a La Polec on Gaff!

Unless you take a 20m run up and stick your knee into the back of a defenders head with enough force to knock him to the ground 😂😂.

Great mark by Himmelburg though.

And guck you Impey 😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a great game to watch. Impey missed kicking the winner by a Florent.

That's a new measurement of distance I have invented 😉

Himmblerg took a screamer, probably as big as Norwood Oval has seen, and kicked match winner, then did an Aliir in the goal square and stopped the oppo kicking the winning goal. Great 2 or 3 minutes for him.

Apart from JHF’s last quarter. Himmelberg’s amazing specky will go down in AFL Gather Round history.
Papley's 2nd half was greater than both those.

Very rare to kick 6 goals after half time when havent done much in the first half. But I was at that game and was close to where he kicked 4 in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back