Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I listen to 5AA on the way home for a nice dose of schadenfreude.

It’s was too painful, they’ve really lost the plot over there 😂😂.

Remember when Ryder and Monfries (the latter we recruited well before the story broke) were suspended for a year, and we just had to bite that bullet for that length of time?

“CaVeAt EmPtoR!”

Draft picks! Glory be.
And then Essendon were rewarded with the number 1 draft pick because half their team was suspended for the year after they ran a doping program 🤣
I seriously feel like that injustice hasn't been called out anywhere near enough.

I thought I listen to 5AA on the way home for a nice dose of schadenfreude.

It’s was too painful, they’ve really lost the plot over there .
I turned on the first 5 minutes hoping for a Rowey melt or forced apology.

Got neither so turned it off..

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL taking a piss on the Croms:)
We laugh at their expense but to be honest, I am pretty angry at the AFL. Crows are having a shocking time and I dare say the rough end of pineapple is waiting for us next. We already getting owned by the umpires this season. Just awaiting the Sh1tfcukery in the finals series if we have close matches.

Geelong don't care any more

'We've needed to be proactive': Bevy of Cats stars put on ice for final round clash

GEELONG will sit out a host of its premiership stars, including Tom Hawkins and Jeremy Cameron, for its final-round clash with the Western Bulldogs.

After being eliminated from the finals race with a defeat to St Kilda on Saturday night, the Cats are already eyeing 2024.

Flag-winning forwards Hawkins, Cameron and Gary Rohan are dealing with various injuries and won't be risked during Norm Smith medallist Isaac Smith's retirement game.

Mark Blicavs and Cam Guthrie are already on the sidelines and will focus on getting themselves ready next year rather than rushing to get back.

Small forward Brad Close (ankle) and defender Esava Ratugolea (hamstring) were already ruled out by coach Chris Scott after pulling up sore against the Saints.

We laugh at their expense but to be honest, I am pretty angry at the AFL. Crows are having a shocking time and I dare say the rough end of pineapple is waiting for us next. We already getting owned by the umpires this season. Just awaiting the Sh1tfcukery in the finals series if we have close matches.
The difference is we always used to it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What do you mean waiting. We are constantly getting shafted and way worse than anything dished up to the Crommies. Plenty of examples have been posted about how the AFL and their officials have reamed us. Bloody hell our fixture alone this year is royal shafting and after we missed finals last year.

I'm not sure West Coast are a pushover for the Crows. Regardless of the controversial Sydney result.
WC hit the front V Essendon with 90 seconds left.And didn't add + 1 in defence. Pretty suspicious that one..Where shocking v Freo.Then beat the Bulldogs.
Natanui,Hearn,Shoey and a number of trades and delistings coming up. A bad loss must end Simmos time at Wce
Word going around is they don't want the Wooden Spoon.There happy for Norf to win that 1.There opponent is currently 13th on the ladder.

I'm not sure West Coast are a pushover for the Crows. Regardless of the controversial Sydney result.
WC hit the front V Essendon with 90 seconds left.And didn't add + 1 in defence. Pretty suspicious that one..Where shocking v Freo.Then beat the Bulldogs.
Natanui,Hearn,Shoey and a number of trades and delistings coming up. A bad loss must end Simmos time at Wce
Word going around is they don't want the Wooden Spoon.There happy for Norf to win that 1.There opponent is currently 13th on the ladder.
WCE used ALL their tickets this week, the whole team were beat up by then end of that game.

No way they can get to that level again for a dead rubber.

Added to which I want the Crows pick to drop.

'We've needed to be proactive': Bevy of Cats stars put on ice for final round clash

GEELONG will sit out a host of its premiership stars, including Tom Hawkins and Jeremy Cameron, for its final-round clash with the Western Bulldogs.

After being eliminated from the finals race with a defeat to St Kilda on Saturday night, the Cats are already eyeing 2024.

Flag-winning forwards Hawkins, Cameron and Gary Rohan are dealing with various injuries and won't be risked during Norm Smith medallist Isaac Smith's retirement game.

Mark Blicavs and Cam Guthrie are already on the sidelines and will focus on getting themselves ready next year rather than rushing to get back.

Small forward Brad Close (ankle) and defender Esava Ratugolea (hamstring) were already ruled out by coach Chris Scott after pulling up sore against the Saints.
They might want Ken to pull on the boots.

That's like saying only use VAR in the last 10 minutes

Just get something that works
Review all close calls
Use it all the time at all grounds
Question is where do you draw the line on when to review an incident.

Would you consider reviews for incorrect disposals which is just as damaging.

I don't watch any of the footy shows, but apparently last night one of them suggested that Simpson "deliberately tried to win" the WB game and miss out on the #1 draft pick to stuff the WCE hierarchy, who have already told him that he's out the door :drunk:

I don't watch any of the footy shows, but apparently last night one of them suggested that Simpson "deliberately tried to win" the WB game and miss out on the #1 draft pick to stuff the WCE hierarchy, who have already told him that he's out the door :drunk:
A few weeks back Simo purchased two Hungry Jacks Stores.Must be thinking of life after footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happened last year in the NFL.
Bears got the number one pick after Lovie Smith, sacked from his job as Coach at Houston coached the team to a win on the last day of the season that cost them the number one pick.

This is worse in America where tanking in the NFL isn’t particularly frowned upon like it is here.

Bears have done wonderful things with that pick so far too!

McCartin suspension overturned. Must be 50k+ croms supporters heads about to explode. The gift that keeps on giving. #weflogasone
It's a bit more than that.

Ricciuto as Fox commentator immediately declared that McCartin elected to bump. The tribunal on review said he did not. The Tribual accepted McMartin's evidence, backed by the video footage, that he simply followed the ball and changed direction when the bounce of the ball changed direction. The contact was incidental and a part of our game.

This is the issue when you have the football director of a club involved in the only official AFL commentary of his own Club's game - he has a vested interest in what he is commentating on and is incapable of giving unbiased comments for the audience.

It's exactly what saw McGuire removed from commentating on Collingwood games and it should be what sees Ricciuto removed from commenting on Crows' games. And get the mumbling idiot away from Port games as well. As the Football Director of the Crows he has an agenda - and that agenda is NOT to provide balanced commentary.

The woeful commentary on FTA and Fox is yet another unprofessional element of the game that the new head of the AFL must fix if he wants to regain credibility as the nation's top national sport.

It's a bit more than that.

Ricciuto as Fox commentator immediately declared that McCartin elected to bump. The tribunal on review said he did not. The Tribual accepted McMartin's evidence, backed by the video footage, that he simply followed the ball and changed direction when the bounce of the ball changed direction. The contact was incidental and a part of our game.

This is the issue when you have the football director of a club involved in the only official AFL commentary of his own Club's game - he has a vested interest in what he is commentating on and is incapable of giving unbiased comments for the audience.

It's exactly what saw McGuire removed from commentating on Collingwood games and it should be what sees Ricciuto removed from commenting on Crows' games. And get the mumbling idiot away from Port games as well. As the Football Director of the Crows he has an agenda - and that agenda is NOT to provide balanced commentary.

The woeful commentary on FTA and Fox is yet another unprofessional element of the game that the new head of the AFL must fix if he wants to regain credibility as the nation's top national sport.
I agree re Ricciuto however MRO Michael Christian should have made any decision on citing McCartin based on the same video that the tribunal viewed and not Ricciuto's commentary.

But but but, if the Croms and bulldogs won last weekend how is that fair for the franchise for all Souf Straliens…

Tyler Sonsie had his charge reduced from severe impact to high impact - because of that he has been suspended by the VFL for three games.
Three games? He punched an opponent in the face. **** me this game is a joke. Should have been 6 weeks to really make a statement.

I hope that we don’t have a close final taken away from a Selwood-like shrug tackle given as high contact….
…..immediately after the AFL issues guidelines that umpires should consider the starting point of the tackle in such situations…
… and then the opposition kicks a goal from said free kick after the siren to cost us a final….
…. and then the AFL backtracks from their guidelines and signs off on the decision…

That couldn’t happen, could it?

Smarter people than me here but couldn’t we have drones that hover direct over the post? Have a laser top of the post to the drone, load it with amazing cameras and it would
Make the post as high as we want and have a direct line of site down the post?

I guess it could be a bit of noise pollution for the crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back