Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 9.30.34 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 9.30.34 pm.png
    606.6 KB · Views: 51
And then Essendon were rewarded with the number 1 draft pick because half their team was suspended for the year after they ran a doping program 🤣
I seriously feel like that injustice hasn't been called out anywhere near enough.
Thankfully they ignored Taranto and McCluggage and drafted a bloke who should have been taken at about pick 30 instead. Karma.

I don't watch any of the footy shows, but apparently last night one of them suggested that Simpson "deliberately tried to win" the WB game and miss out on the #1 draft pick to stuff the WCE hierarchy, who have already told him that he's out the door :drunk:

Four drones, one hovering 15m above each post, camera pointed directly down. Have two sets, swap em over at each quarter break so they don't go flat during play.

already got four drones hovering all over the field as it is making poor decisions. what do we need more for?

Tyler Sonsie had his charge reduced from severe impact to high impact - because of that he has been suspended by the VFL for three games.

F* me, he punched a bloke in the face and KO'ed him :eek:

I don't watch any of the footy shows, but apparently last night one of them suggested that Simpson "deliberately tried to win" the WB game and miss out on the #1 draft pick to stuff the WCE hierarchy, who have already told him that he's out the door :drunk:
That needs to be investigated. The afl has a long and proud tradition of struggling clubs tanking harder than the russian army to claim the number 1 draft pick and this coach of the worst performed team in decades comes out and actively tries to win a game. It's not on

not sure what the Dogs were trying to do then. maybe they felt it was more important to stuff WCE and help by losing as well.

aaand this week Norf have GC at free kick arena in Hobart in a very winnable game, even for them, one that they absolutely cannot afford to win o_O:think::$

confiscate all the phones and scan the messaging and gambling apps.

Christ wept.

Spots in the first round of the draft should be either averaged over a 3-5 year period or maybe the first half of the first round done via lottery. Every year in the last few rounds you have games where "one last chance to keep a playing career going" conflicts with "best for the club come trade week".

I wonder if Doedee is currently scoping out rubbish dumps.

haha Doedee as an RFA, if fit, would be a very like for like and cheap upgrade on Jonas. considering the alleged lowball offer in front of him. too soon??

anyway. would personally host binfire for his surplus gear on the centre of Alberton oval and save his knee a dangerous trip to the dump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyler Sonsie had his charge reduced from severe impact to high impact - because of that he has been suspended by the VFL for three games.

what, because he had to actually push the guy over, in the back, post punch, to help him reach the ground, because he failed to clean knock him out?

**** me

It was all about 'optics' and possibly not wanting to see kids do the same.
I don’t mind the whole “MRO reports them, the tribunal sorts it out” approach. Means the MRO is basically the police and the tribunal is the judiciary.

Problem is, neither actually understand the game or are consistent. And then you get KCs involved….

Here we go...

Exactly as predicted, in the wake of last weekend's fiasco, the AFL are fast tracking the introduction of a longer more extensive video review system. A system designed to tell us, in may instances, what the officials on the field should be able to decide for themselves. The AFL would be better placed by screening the individuals who they appoint as umpires rather than introducing a system that will add extra minutes onto a game that already takes too long. If Channel 7 decide to screen just 30 seconds of adds after each goal and we have just two score reviews there is the potential to add 20 minutes of time into a game that already takes almost 3 hours to complete. Maybe a bunker system with the power to over rule is that way to go, that way only those decisions that are too close to call get reviewed. It is absolutely ridiculous that an official standing 2-3 metres from the action feels compelled to constantly refer decisions to the video umpire.

In our game last week the Goal Umpire referred a decision because the ball struck him as he was standing in front of the goal post. What is the goal umpire doing in that position anyway? I once Goal Umpired for my son's team and it is not as easy as it looks but you have to put yourself in the correct position to make a decision. You stand behind the line of the ball and the nearest post not between the ball and the post. That Goal Umpire could just as easily have stood alongside of the goal post and not placed himself in the field of play. Maybe the AFL need to put more effort into selection and coaching of goal umpires and rely less on technology?

The way the game is headed it is a good thing that Gillon McLachlan is going, let us hope his successor is more pragmatic in his outlook.

Bloody hell our fixture alone this year is royal shafting and after we missed finals last year.

Being sent to Perth to play peak-Freo for a third time in five matchweeks to kick off 2015 was a bit howyagoin.

Especially considering we’d started off 2013 and 2014 in Melbourne.

What time does the replay of the last 1 minute 10 seconds of the crows v Swans game start? Will the crows have to play with 17 on the field because the not-concussed McAdam is unavailable with a depressed fracture of the cheekbone which in no way caused any impact within the skull cavity?

At least McCartin is free to play.

F* me, he punched a bloke in the face and KO'ed him :eek:

Is he the one on the Stan draft doco who was sitting on the couch at his agent’s house with the other prospect, and began to cry when he slid?

It’s microcosmic from a small sample, but his emotions are clearly simmering just below the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back