Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

So taking note of the bands from 800k and above if I’m counting correctly there was 51 afl players earning 800k and above in the afl in 2022

So how can Mackay be in the top 5% of earners to qualify for

Thanks

So taking note of the bands from 800k and above if I’m counting correctly there was 51 afl players earning 800k and above in the afl in 2022

So how can Mackay be in the top 5% of earners to qualify for band 1 being paid 780k?

View attachment 1824840
View attachment 1824839
Because you probably make the same mistake that the media makes and you don't factor in ASAs - Additional Service Agreements.

I have blown up the bottom of the table you include.

1696673096466.png

Is the $780k his base salary + match payments or does it include ASAs??

The ASA cap in 2023 was unknown - well there is a figure but I haven't seen one, and the new CBA will probably backdate the amount, like the 2023 salary cap has been increased with the new CBA and will be backdated to 1st November 2022, but in 2022 it was $1.230m per club and 95% of the amount had to be paid.

Not every player gets an ASA deal, or would get very little for use of their image. Do you know if McKay is getting a $220k ASA in his first year??

I suspect there has been a bit of manipulation by the AFL but unless you have a definitive answer about his ASA, you cant be sure.

5% of 659 Listed players in 2022 = 33 players. but this doesn't include rookies. It states above Listed includes all Primary Listed Players. If rookies are included when calculating 5%, then 659 in 2022 really is 659+146 rookies = 805. 5% = 40 players.

The AFL likes to have room to manipulate move.

Peter Popular strikes again

Haha that says to me the crows missed out on the $15m Birmingham pledged and Morrison handed out to several clubs and Albanese and Chalmers and Gallagher have cracked down on the Libs harry handouts, to bring the budget back into some sort of balance, so Mali has made up the difference.

We got $15m from Morrison and 2 x $1.5m from Marshall relating to Williams stand + AFLW stuff.

Because you probably make the same mistake that the media makes and you don't factor in ASAs - Additional Service Agreements.

I have blown up the bottom of the table you include.

View attachment 1824870

Is the $780k his base salary + match payments or does it include ASAs??

The ASA cap in 2023 was unknown - well there is a figure but I haven't seen one, and the new CBA will probably backdate the amount, like the 2023 salary cap has been increased with the new CBA and will be backdated to 1st November 2022, but in 2022 it was $1.230m per club and 95% of the amount had to be paid.

Not every player gets an ASA deal, or would get very little for use of their image. Do you know if McKay is getting a $220k ASA in his first year??

I suspect there has been a bit of manipulation by the AFL but unless you have a definitive answer about his ASA, you cant be sure.

5% of 659 Listed players in 2022 = 33 players. but this doesn't include rookies. It states above Listed includes all Primary Listed Players. If rookies are included when calculating 5%, then 659 in 2022 really is 659+146 rookies = 805. 5% = 40 players.

The AFL likes to have room to manipulate move.
I could be wrong but think it’s top 5% of free agency allegeable players. Rankine, Torranto, Sam Walsh etc probably crack $800k but aren’t included in the denominator.

Thanks

So how can Mackay be in the top 5% of earners to qualify for band 1 being paid 780k?
Its literally in the article you posted.

Age.

Ben MacKay is still 25 years old.

Most players are 26 when they hit the free agency release. So thats the base level. Older players need a larger salary to hit the same band. MacKay being at -1 needs a lower salary.

Its literally in the article you posted.

Age.

Ben MacKay is still 25 years old.

Most players are 26 when they hit the free agency release. So thats the base level. Older players need a larger salary to hit the same band. MacKay being at -1 needs a lower salary.

It only says age is a factor, and that’s it.

There’s absolutely no indication that being younger means you can be in the top 12% instead of 5%.

It’s all kept very vague, for a reason.

It only says age is a factor, and that’s it.

There’s absolutely no indication that being younger means you can be in the top 12% instead of 5%.

It’s all kept very vague, for a reason.
Would be interesting what Vic and non Vics have received over the time.

Lol Jackson Hately won the crows best sanfl player award.

Now **** off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've already done that. Its just the residents that are being problematic.
Kudos to them I say.

Though it will be interesting to see how all these dazzling 3D renders and CGI fly throughs are integrated into the South Rd redevelopment.
Visiting Adelaide recently, the intersection around the Brickworks and Thebby Rd is a shitshow at the best of times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back