Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Rahilly has left Adelaide for Geelong as an assistant coach.

Quick better sign up Hartlett as defensive coach before Adelaide poach him 😂

James Rahilly has left Adelaide for Geelong as an assistant coach.

Quick better sign up Hartlett as defensive coach before Adelaide poach him 😂

Wonder if Basset will head across?

History says it'll be a Victorian team and one who has at least somewhat been around the mark the last few years. I'd be putting my money on Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne or the Bulldogs.

History actually says it’ll be a non-Victorian team in 2024

2006: West Coast
2007-2011: All Victorian
2012: Sydney
2013-2017: All Victorian
2018: West Coast
2019-2023: All Victorian
2024: ?

It’s a non-Victorian team every 6 years. My money’s on GWS.

The Barossa Valley is poised to again miss out on hosting a game during the AFL’s upcoming Gather Round.
SA Premier Peter Malinauskas has pushed hard for the tourist region to stage a match in 2024 but AFL officials are planning to overlook its most suitable oval, Tanunda, for the April showcase. Instead, the football festival is set to return to Mount Barker next year. Although the Gather Round venues have not been locked in for 2024, it is understood a decision has all but been made to stick with the same ones: Adelaide Oval, the Hills and Norwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol so north are getting a band 1 compo pick for Mackay. No surprise there but that’s dodgy as ****.

According to the rules to receive band 1 the player must be paid in the top 5% of the afl.

There’s just no way Mackay should be paid that high, and I wonder if the reported $780k a year is supposedly in the top 5% (about 35 players) If it is then it must be by a hair. REH has posted info before on the player payments and there was something like 40 players earning 800k+ from memory?

There’s also the question marks now emerging around an agreement between dons and north to trade that compo pick to dons which is dodgy as.

Lol so north are getting a band 1 compo pick for Mackay. No surprise there but that’s dodgy as *.

According to the rules to receive band 1 the player must be paid in the top 5% of the afl.

There’s just no way Mackay should be paid that high, and I wonder if the reported $780k a year is supposedly in the top 5% (about 35 players) If it is then it must be by a hair. REH has posted info before on the player payments and there was something like 40 players earning 800k+ from memory?

There’s also the question marks now emerging around an agreement between dons and north to trade that compo pick to dons which is dodgy as.

Jon Ralph reported they just snuck into Band 1. Oh my.

tv land surprise GIF by nobodies.

Lol so north are getting a band 1 compo pick for Mackay. No surprise there but that’s dodgy as *.

jesus christ that's insane if he's getting paid that much. in his six year career he's played in a winning side 8 times. he doesn't get the ball and he isn't even a particularly good 1 on 1 defender. zero brownlow votes. no good at the ground ball, not a good kick.

has one thing going for him which is being 200cm. he's the guy you plonk on the monster forward. but is he particularly good at stopping his opponent? no. if he was 5-6cm shorter he arguably wouldn't even be on a list.

Jon Ralph reported they just snuck into Band 1. Oh my.

tv land surprise GIF by nobodies.

RussellEbertHandball

I recall you posted a published detailed breakdown of afl salaries before with amount of players paid in certain brackets

Where can I find that please? Or can you repost it if you can?

For Mackay to be in the top 5% he needs to be in the top 35 players if there’s around 700 afl listed players.

RussellEbertHandball

I recall you posted a published detailed breakdown of afl salaries before with amount of players paid in certain brackets

Where can I find that please? Or can you repost it if you can?

For Mackay to be in the top 5% he needs to be in the top 35 players if there’s around 700 afl listed players.
Been running this thread since 2015.

Forgot to put up the 2022 figures when AFL annual report was released in March so only posted it a few weeks ago. Last page has the 2022 tables.

Last edited:
jesus christ that's insane if he's getting paid that much. in his six year career he's played in a winning side 8 times. he doesn't get the ball and he isn't even a particularly good 1 on 1 defender. zero brownlow votes. no good at the ground ball, not a good kick.

has one thing going for him which is being 200cm. he's the guy you plonk on the monster forward. but is he particularly good at stopping his opponent? no. if he was 5-6cm shorter he arguably wouldn't even be on a list.

The fact we’re now hearing about essendon trading for duursma as they say they’re drafting his brother cause they’re trading for the north compo pick reeks of manipulation of the system.

Beem running this thread since 2015.

Forgot to put up the 2022 figures when AFL annual report was released in March so only posted it a few weeks ago. Last page has the 2022 tables.

Thanks

So taking note of the bands from 800k and above if I’m counting correctly there was 51 afl players earning 800k and above in the afl in 2022

So how can Mackay be in the top 5% of earners to qualify for band 1 being paid 780k?

IMG_4234.jpeg
IMG_4233.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back