Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

A former West Coast Eagles player is suing the AFL, his old club and two doctors over injuries he suffered while playing for West Coast.
Brad Sheppard, who suffered two serious concussions which led to his early retirement in 2021 at the age of 30, alleges that he suffered losses a result of negligence or a breach of contract by those he is suing.

I saw a copy of the Canberra Times in a cafe this morning. I genuinely had no idea it still existed. It seemed pretty thin and essentially a vehicle for Harvey Norman advertising. Does anyone still care what's on the front page?
Paul Barry does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve really labeled the demographic.

She totally screams ‘Football fan favourite’.

It's funny how the grand final acts reflect the generational preference of the incumbent AFL CEO.

There are so many really good young Australian bands/singers, give them a chance.

I would pay to see Amyl and the Sniffers do a 15 minute set before the game.

I saw a copy of the Canberra Times in a cafe this morning. I genuinely had no idea it still existed. It seemed pretty thin and essentially a vehicle for Harvey Norman advertising. Does anyone still care what's on the front page?

I saw an X post today that dubbed the West Australian as the Harley Norman Daily, which was a nice double tap.

I bought an Advertiser a few weeks back when I went camping for starting the campfire

Thin as a supermodel on a diet and cost $3.50

Nearly fell over

Does anyone still care what's on the front page?

Of course, the no. of people who read or even see the physical paper these days is miniscule. But that's not the point anymore is it?

The fact is that what's is in the leading tabloids and the stories it carries as front page news is plastered across the social and other media platforms (where most of us get our news on what's happening in the world) especially when the publisher of the physical paper also owns other media outlets (The West Australian owner also owns Channel 7/ The Nine Network and the Age and Sydney Morning Herald are part of the same media company etc.)

In this case that front page headline was carried by most social media outlets as news - that's where everyone who can read saw it- not from buying the physical rag. Most calling it out for the crap it is.

What sort of weird arse plane has two seats on one side of the aisle and three on the other?
Lots of them. Fly to Perth on a Qantas Link plane, a Boeing 717 and that has 5 seats across. Did it a few months ago. Flew back on a normal 3 + 3 Boeing 737.

Qantas Fokker 100 has them. 15 years ago I flew Stockholm to Rome via Helsinki and the first leg had one of these Fokkers.

Its strange the first time you see it. You wonder if the thing will be balanced.

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back