Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you reckon is worse ?
The West or the Tiser?
I haven’t bought a paper this century as they are both Harvey Norman catalogs.

The West used to be reasonable once upon a time - at least it wasn't Murdoch owned - but it's become just as bad in recent years. Mark Duffield is a good footy scribe, but he left and now works for Code Sports, whose paywall I can't seem to crack. I rarely bother cracking the West's - it's trash.

When it comes to planes I'm just white noise but the last time we flew from Melb it was on something with a 2-3 configuration. Could have been an A220.
Little cities like Adelaide and Canberra get the little planes.

I was shocked when I first flew from Sydney to Melbourne and got a widebody 2-4-2 config.

Just goes to show you don’t have to be much of a singer to make Millions these days.
Not having a go at her singing. Just that the AFL thinks it's ok to spend $5m on a US singer for what is probably 4 songs as half time entertainment for the final of what they keep telling us is Australia's greatest game.

Proof again, if any is needed, the tight moleskin and RM comfort craftsman wearing tossers in AFL House are totally out of touch with the people who support the game

Not having a go at her singing. Just that the AFL thinks it's ok to spend $5m on a US singer for what is probably 4 songs as half time entertainment for the final of what they keep telling us is Australia's greatest game.

Proof again, if any is needed, the tight moleskin and RM comfort craftsman wearing tossers in AFL House are totally out of touch with the people who support the game
They are still deluded that they could reach a ‘wider audience’ with shit like this.

Lol her star is dead too. Shes now relaunched as some ultra tacky mostly naked thing. Trust the AFL to get washed up 'stars' who arent even recent.

Little cities like Adelaide and Canberra get the little planes.

I was shocked when I first flew from Sydney to Melbourne and got a widebody 2-4-2 config.
It's only in the very recent past we've graduated from propellers. Add to that the fact that you cannot travel from the nation's capital to its second most populous city by train and you start to realise just how backward we are.

Americanized like everything else in Australia these days.
Long gone the days of Mike Brady with his Up There Cazaly.

They are still deluded that they could reach a ‘wider audience’ with shit like this.

Like it was under McLachlan, this smells of the AFL CEO treating the Grand Final as their own end of year cocktail party and spending up big to get the entertainment that they think their private guest list would be most impressed by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Heeney’s appeal has failed. He will miss this week’s game against North Melbourne and is ineligible for the 2024 Brownlow Medal.

Why are people complaining about overseas stars? Isn't in generally considered that Robbie Williams and KISS are some of the best recent ones? Meanwhile the covid year grand final had like, the worse entertainment and it was all local?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It's only in the very recent past we've graduated from propellers. Add to that the fact that you cannot travel from the nation's capital to its second most populous city by train and you start to realise just how backward we are.
You're decrying the fact that a lack of transport option invented at the onset of the 1800s makes us backwards?

Trains aren't meant for point to point, their utility comes from having multiple stops. This contrasts to planes who are ideal for point to point travel and aren't meant for multiple stops.

There's not enough population along the way from Canberra to Melbourne to make trains feasible, and there's enough flight options available which could do the trip quicker anyway.

Why would you want to go to Canberra if you lived in Melbourne anyway
Reminds me of the recruiting spiel put to me in my final year at uni from one Federal Govt agency based in Canberra..

'Canberra is a short flight from Sydney and Melbourne and a couple of hours from the best ski fields in Australia.'

In other words, the best thing about this place is that it is not that far from other, better, places.

I didn't take the job. Something I regret career-wise looking back but that's another story.

Isaac Heeney’s appeal has failed. He will miss this week’s game against North Melbourne and is ineligible for the 2024 Brownlow Medal.
Should have played for Carlton.

Take it to the High Court Sydney lol

Hinkley sold HawkThorni a lemon..

If there was any chance of a late resurgence after his achilles, this has killed it. 100% delisted/retired end of this year. What a waste of a career.

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back