Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Liberatore made an insanely quick recovery. Did the ACL in round 8, came back Round 21.

Wasn't there a bunch of players that came back in exceedingly quick time when that Lars surgery became a thing? Then it turned out that wasn't very good and they blew their knees out again

Edit: malceski came back in 11 weeks in 2008

Main board has a discussion on Herald Sun's best 40 players under 24.

I've copied and pasted the top 10 from that thread, but full list is shown on the thread on main board.

10th. Will Day
9th. Max Holmes
8th. Caleb Serong
7th. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
6th. Chad Warner
5th. Jason Horne-Francis
4th. Harry Sheezel
3rd. Errol Gulden
2nd. Zak Butters
1st. Nick Daicos

Anyone got a view on the relative merits of players named at 4 versus 5?

There is so much wrong with this it’s hard to know where to start.

Obviously JHF is ahead of Sheezel but how on earth is Serong 8th and behind Ugle Hagan lol.

The top 2 probably right, and then right now it’s Serong 3rd followed by JHF, Gulden, Warner and the rest a raffle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Leon Davis Medal = GF worst on ground

Billy Frampton Medal for biggest impact with fewest disposals.

BARRETT: Petracca 'farce' a mess of his own making - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1211381

Why has that cuckazoid Barrett got his panties in such a twist over this? What a loser.
He must be connected with or leaked info by someone at Melbourne.

I remember him going on a tear about Fremantle needing pay up for Jesse Hogan back in 2018 - it was the same shit he’s doing here - starts his own narrative and then escalates the rhetoric every other day over various platforms. He’s shameless.

Pitty the AFLPA have no teeth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't there a bunch of players that came back in exceedingly quick time when that Lars surgery became a thing? Then it turned out that wasn't very good and they blew their knees out again

Edit: malceski came back in 11 weeks in 2008
Didn’t David Rodan have the Lars surgery while he was playing for us?

I want a 100% non-Vic linked GF. They've latched onto 'South Melbourne Bloods and Fitzroy' when it's been two non-Vic sides so far. Port beating GWS in the GF would be my ideal result.

Say 100% non-VFL linked GF. It excludes the 10 Vic clubs, plus Sydney and Brisbane.

Unfortunately, it just leaves 1/3 of the league: Port and West Lakes; West Coast and Freo; Gold Coast; and G.W.S. Only Giants and Port have make into the Final-8. Your "ideal result" is the only possible match-up.

The WAFL got that partly right - East Freo and Claremont's elimination final was played at Claremont Oval, but East Freo was the higher ranked team. The Sharks are still homeless thanks to their home ground rennos having continued delays. Claremont won the game and the reigning premiers are eliminated. They would have been playing in the quali final but for a 4 point deduction for busting the salary cap last year, so a double whammy if you like.

Here the story:

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back