Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

You're decrying the fact that a lack of transport option invented at the onset of the 1800s makes us backwards?

Trains aren't meant for point to point, their utility comes from having multiple stops. This contrasts to planes who are ideal for point to point travel and aren't meant for multiple stops.

There's not enough population along the way from Canberra to Melbourne to make trains feasible, and there's enough flight options available which could do the trip quicker anyway.

Comparing the trains of the 1800’s to today’s would be as accurate as asking someone at a Toyota dealership why they want a horse drawn carriage.

It's great that Seven has Australia's premier sports medicos in DR Brian Taylor and Dr Matt Richardson on tonight's broadcast.

Otherwise we would have had most of the commentary of the second quarter wasted on the false diagnosis of hamstring injuries - first for Cameron and then for Daicos.

Phew.

I have zero games of AFL experience, yet somehow I managed to conclude immediately that it looked like a corky from a knee to the back of the leg.

The channel 7 muppet crew spent the next 10 minutes talking about how he was running around with a torn hamstring, even mentioned that Daicos might not even know what a hamstring feels like lol

I have zero games of AFL experience, yet somehow I managed to conclude immediately that it looked like a corky from a knee to the back of the leg.

The channel 7 muppet crew spent the next 10 minutes talking about how he was running around with a torn hamstring, even mentioned that Daicos might not even know what a hamstring feels like lol

Welcome to our world of Channel 7 AFL commentating Gizmo.

Last edited:
Darcy Cameron has 37 hit outs, De Koning has 4 lol.

I laugh whenever the commentators see Dangerfield on the run looking to pass upfield and asking Can Patty pick the eyes out of this one?

Two thoughts

1. If the eyes are 6m in the air
2. Are you not familiar with his career body of work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite moment of this game was when a pies player was going back on the mark and daicos ran up to him from the front so the player couldn’t have kicked it if he wanted to, called for the handball and turned around and kicked it.

I’ve never seen a moment scream stat sheet stuffer more in my life. It was absurd.

Lawson Humphries looks a decent player on the wing for Geelong. Picked him up with one of our picks traded for Ratugolea.

That was pick 63 so we could have drafted him earlier.

Geez Tom Stewart is a smart, non panicking defender.

Wish we had someone like him.

Haha and he almost gets knocked out. If he's out of the game, those smart small Collingwood forwards will cut up the Geelong defence.

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back